12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my shipping notice today - Leia will be here on Tuesday Dec. 4th!

The pictures are looking great - I was really impressed by the production pics that Sideshow posted today as well. I've been looking forward to this figure as one of the first ANH figures to be offered, and it looks like she won't disappoint.

Now if Ben Kenobi ships before the end of the year as rumored, it will be a nice classic Star Wars holiday. :chew

Here are some before and after water treatment photos of my Leia. She arrived today and I have to say that I am much happier with her than I thought I would be. The fabric for the dress is pretty light so it has not been taking to the water treatment to well. I do like the face scuplt and think the paint apps for pretty good. I do think the stitching on the dress is not very well done as I had to do a lot of triming on mine to get rid of strings. Also at the top of the hood where the seem is I can not get it to lay flat no matter what I have tried. The only other gripe with the dress is it is not connected to the hood and they did nothing to the top edge of the dress to stop it from fraying. I plan on asking for a replacement cause it was split apart at the neck and there is no way to hide it. All and all I actually think she is a pretty good figure now that she is here.

pre water
leiapre.jpg

post water
leiapost.jpg

Looking better but I thought they lengthened the outfit?

I was a bit worried after looking through all these pics, but now that I have Leia in hand I'm surprised by how much I actually like her. I think I may even prefer this head to the Boushh sculpt. True, she may not be the star of the line, but add in an ANH Luke and Han and I think she'll really shine. Not regretting the purchase one bit.

I can't believe I have to wait until the 5th!

Has anyone tried moving her collar down so some of her neck is showing. Or is it not possible?

This figure actually turned out better than I thought it would. The headsculpt does look a lot better in person and the dress isn't a total loss. The belt is okay but I made the mistake of trying to undo it; turns out it wasn't meant to be removed, now it keeps coming undone by itself. Anyway, I'm going to try an tighten the belt since it is very loose.

I think the star of the set is actually the stormtrooper blaster. This is by far the most detailed 1/6th stormtrooper blaster i've seen yet. It even has a working folding stock!

In the end this figure turned out okay but I don't think it's worth $50+ dollars. The quality is more along the lines of a $30-40 figure.

leia_anh_01.jpg

leia_anh_02.jpg

These additional photos really aren't making me feel any better about it.

If anything it makes the faults even more apparent.

But I recognize when Sideshow makes good product. I got ESB Luke coming my way and later on I'll get Old Ben too.

Even after all the new pics I still don't like it. I like the PF much better and I'll stick with that.

I'm lookin' at carrot's photo's and I'm still trying to justify the $60.00. The art buck bodies are $20.00, so we are paying $40.00 for a bad head, a badly draped out fit, some nice boots and kick a$$ guns?

At some point, I'm still hoping to create a Star Wars centerpiece of Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, Chewie and the droids (the 7 heroes) from ANH... that's STAR WARS to me!

Yeah, I was just thinking how there's no more iconic scene in all of Star Wars than when the heroes witness Ben dueling Darth on the Death Star. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, the Droids, Ben Kenobi, Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, the Falcon and the Death Star all in one scene, and everyone in their classic outfits. Talk about Star Wars!

I just reordered my reg. through Adam at darkshadowcollectibles.com I should be getting her within the next week or two. :rock

Back