101Toys Death God 1/6 Collectible Figure (Darkseid)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks fantastic, and huge of course!👍🏻
Seeing the second review with the shot of Darkseid about to pummel Sups - does make me sad that we’ll never get to see Henry Cavills version go up against him. Especially with Synder’s style and sensibility and what he was leading to.

I get the criticisms and folk not liking the more gritty superhero stuff, but personally I quite liked it - love Watchmen.

I do however understand and appreciate why Warner Discovery are wiping the slate clean and starting afresh from a business point of view along with the bad/past association and certain actors too. And also them not being able to afford the actors now 😄

But I am looking forward to a hopefully more consistent and linked DCU series of films, I really want a good and decent overall story and an awesome representation of Green Lantern and everything that comes with him🤞🏻

Say what you will about the 2011 effort, but I liked the aesthetics of the film and Mr Reynolds portrayal as Hal Jordon. I said it years ago, that Green Lantern should have been the Star Wars of the DC movie universe - and Guardians pretty much did that, and ironically Mr Gunn is now in charge so I have high hopes for the lanterns depiction on screen 🤞🏻

Anyway, Darkseid looks feckin ace.

Its not worth almost 400 dollars for the way that looks. Its not horrible, but a bit to hasbro looking for my taste. IMaybe if it ever drops to half off, or something.
I'm with you there. The 3rd parties are starting to really ratchet the price up there for huge or complex figures. Juggernaut was the last one I acquired for a decent price ($250).

Looks damn decent, but I agree that it is overpriced and not worth buying (IMO) for the high cost being charged for it.

Definitely not cheap, I picked him up from KG hobby for $305 USD including shipping which I think is quite close to a fair price for something like this (assuming its not full of flaws and QC issues). For a version of comparable quality and accuracy to HT Thanos I'd be expecting to pay at least $460 USD including shipping and if that's what people have been paying for this on other sites then yeah that's not good value.

he just arrived i was surprised to see it with the holiday and mail strikes and 4 days "processing" but giantoys came through again

wow hes big not sure where ill put him lol

overall super expensive for what it is ,think of that hot toys hulk knock off from a few years ago in terms of construction and feel
although this one has a decent range of motion ,the joints are sturdy if not a little floppy in the ankles but still stands up well

very monochromatic in hand i can see no hint of the blue shown in some of the promo shots , the staff has some nice paint apps though
hands and head swap out easy and the light up head works and has batteries already fitted

over all i dont regret buying him at all but cant pretend hes not over priced ,but cant deny hes got shelf presence

i wont waste your time with many pictures as my phones not up to it
couple od quick shots to show the size of the guy more than anything ,thats a 1/4 scale neca reeve superman hes pictured with for scale

20221231_103218.jpg

20221231_103430.jpg
20221231_105024.jpg

he just arrived i was surprised to see it with the holiday and mail strikes and 4 days "processing" but giantoys came through again

wow hes big not sure where ill put him lol

overall super expensive for what it is ,think of that hot toys hulk knock off from a few years ago in terms of construction and feel
although this one has a decent range of motion ,the joints are sturdy if not a little floppy in the ankles but still stands up well

very monochromatic in hand i can see no hint of the blue shown in some of the promo shots , the staff has some nice paint apps though
hands and head swap out easy and the light up head works and has batteries already fitted

over all i dont regret buying him at all but cant pretend hes not over priced ,but cant deny hes got shelf presence

i wont waste your time with many pictures as my phones not up to it
couple od quick shots to show the size of the guy more than anything ,thats a 1/4 scale neca reeve superman hes pictured with for scale

View attachment 615633

View attachment 615644View attachment 615645
Wow - he looks great just stood there. That’s how I will be displaying mine behind the Hot Toys 2-pack.

He doesn’t need some dynamic pose, like you said he simply has the presence.

Big boy for sure👌🏻

Wow - he looks great just stood there. That’s how I will be displaying mine behind the Hot Toys 2-pack.

He doesn’t need some dynamic pose, like you said he simply has the presence.

Big boy for sure👌🏻
yeah i agree and with the two heads hands and weapon there are plenty of options for a large brooding presence poses

the detail is certainly there and his presence wont be out of place with the other justice league figures display
20221231_104219.jpg
20221231_104712.jpg
20221231_104219.jpg
20221231_104712.jpg

Back