101Toys Death God 1/6 Collectible Figure (Darkseid)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very good. If they went with seamless arms and legs I would have been very interested.

Maybe this will spur hot toys into making one.

Looks very good. If they went with seamless arms and legs I would have been very interested.

Maybe this will spur hot toys into making one.
You’d like to think they would, can you imagine the cost of it though - would be like $400-$600. I doubt HT would make one when you look at how insanely popular the Joker (Todd Phillips) is with 1/6 collectors and yet nothing…

The retail price is around $210-220, I think all store has similar prices except the one who always overcharge

So it's a game of determine shipping costs, stores like us who include shipping costs in set price will lose money if we under-estimate it, shipping is such uncertainty nowadays, for giant boxes those courier might raise price suddenly, we experienced it before so ya I over-estimate shipping cost a bit on this figure..

The approximate height is 45 cm, seems pretty close to correct but I dont really know how tall he was in the film. At least he is taller than endgame thanos.

KG shipping is high on big figs. I paid £52 on EMS- I think- to post to the U.K. because there was only a £4 difference in EMS and economy.

Still came out £40 cheaper than kit but, if he’s also including pre-paid customs fees then that $360 makes more sense.

KG shipping is high on big figs. I paid £52 on EMS- I think- to post to the U.K. because there was only a £4 difference in EMS and economy.

Still came out £40 cheaper than kit but, if he’s also including pre-paid customs fees then that $360 makes more sense.
I wouldn't worry about customs fees. KG will always declare a lower value if you ask. None of the 1/4 scale Hot Toys figures I've got from them have been hit with import fees.

Thoughts on pre-ordering - do we think this figure will sell out before its in stock?
Has anyone heard of this company before? If so, how are they for maintaining quality from prototype to production run?
I have the Marco Art statue - but I haven't yet had it painted - is it worth buying this or should I just have my statue painted? The cost is going to be roughly the same.
Just thought I'd ask for some thoughts.

It's obvious shipping (from overseas) will be expensive for it.

There are collectors who don't care about what it costs vendors to ship. They simply want it cheap and as fast as possible or they'll buy from another vendor who'll do it cheaper and supposedly with the same delivery or faster. Those collectors are in for a very rude awakening going forward with how much shipping costs have increased since 2020 through now and shipping costs will rise again for 2022 across the board.

The days of cheap and fixed price shipping is ending or already over. 1:6 vendors overseas can no longer factor in shipping for a fixed/flat price that many are demanding/expecting.

If collectors like us want to continue buying/collecting with the must get it fast and first mindset by buying from overseas vendors, then prepare to pay more.

Shipping costs within the US depending on the carrier is a different subject provided US vendors are able to get such products as this one, but the price difference in markup will be significant before shipping is calculated.

The days of the "cheap" collector mindset is ending or already gone. Either pay up or stop collecting. Maybe engage in criminal activities to fund the 1:6 habit? Who knows?

Thoughts on pre-ordering - do we think this figure will sell out before its in stock?
Has anyone heard of this company before? If so, how are they for maintaining quality from prototype to production run?
I have the Marco Art statue - but I haven't yet had it painted - is it worth buying this or should I just have my statue painted? The cost is going to be roughly the same.
Just thought I'd ask for some thoughts.
The company is said to be toys era.

OnesixthKit has this for preorder and only requires deposit.

I already jumped on a pre-order. This looks awesome and its ABOUT TIME SOMEONE made it. Hot Toys will never cease to amaze me how they will buy a license and barely make any figures from it. Third party companies like this are scooping up the dropped opportunities Hot Toys passed to make more star wars or iron man figures.

Any updates peeps? Would imagine that the release date has been pushed back with everything going on in China with the big C…

Back