1/6th VS. Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP,

1) 1/6 scale is plastic toys that will not last, it's not a true collector's item,you buy them to play around in funny poses, that's it. PFs are the ones for serious collection. (although with all the absolute crap paint job PFs that's been coming out lately from SS, you still need to pick carefully).

2) As you mentioned the price of the 1/6 scale has went up dramatically, it's insane to be paying $150+ for a 1/6 plastic figure when you can buy so much better collector statues at just a bit more. For example the $230 ex leia vs jabba regret statue is absolutely gorgeous and very intricate, a steal at that price, non-ex can be had for even less on ebay. Then you look at the $175 boba fett plastic figure with a 2000 ES ex that just has a different base, are those guys kidding?

3) Almost every single 1/6 scale figure has dropped significantly or barely stayed same in term of price on the secondary market. Exceptions are few and far between - vader, stormtrooper, yoda ex. But keep in mind those were sold for much cheaper back then. If the new greed-based SS charged today's price it will easily be $160 for stormtrooper.

In short, drop 1/6 scale and focus on statues (PF, polystone, comq etc..). Unless you just want to play with them and not a collector.

You lost me at Point #1. :thwak

to those who never own PF.. just try purchase one of your favourite character... then you will see what happen..

GOOD BYE TO HOT TOYS FOREVER...
here doggie2... eat your hottoys now... good boy.. :)

basically it all comes down on what you prefer:

HOTTOYS / EB pro:
- poseabilty
- great hs and details
- more choices, more character
- 1/4 and 1/6 availability (soon)
- doesn't break easily if falls to the floor
- you can play dolls fighting with your children using your imagination

HOTTOYS / EB con:
- small
- barbie dolls
- cheapskate looking although very expensive
- plastic rubber will breaks down in few years time
- ridiculuos price (oh well barbie dolls used to cost hundred bucks back in the days)
- more child collectors (age range starts at 10+)

Statue / PF pro:
- beautiful art / beautiful furniture like
- perfect size
- great details also
- some statue has better head sculpt than hottoys (ex indiana jones)
- reasonable price
- more grown up collectors (age range starts at 20+)
- simply captivating

Statue / PF con:
- heavy, handle with care, if it falls down it might break, dolls on the other hand you can throw around.. :)
- some statue has worse sculpt than hottoys (ex godfather PF, rambo PF, etc)

please add some more if you will...
thanks..

to those who never own PF.. just try purchase one of your favourite character... then you will see what happen..

Yeah, you see that the PF is crappy (Rogue) and you then hate the hit or miss part of it.
You could have given me you HTs,:mad: I hope your dog choked on them. :pfft: j/k.

yeah some statues are awful, but choose the great ones and you will be enlightened my friend... :)

Unfortunately I've never seen a PF first hand, I feel like I might have to buy one to ultimately decide. On the other hand, like most people I really dont' know that I have room for them even if I did decide to go that way. But, it really just doesn't sit well with me, that 1/6th are barely cheaper than PF.

I personally love the posability and playability of 1/6th, though I find myself actually tinkering with them very little. I think its humerous to tell people that I collect dolls. Just remember this, people who try to act like they are cool, are never cool.

Unfortunately I've never seen a PF first hand, I feel like I might have to buy one to ultimately decide. On the other hand, like most people I really dont' know that I have room for them even if I did decide to go that way. But, it really just doesn't sit well with me, that 1/6th are barely cheaper than PF.

I personally love the posability and playability of 1/6th, though I find myself actually tinkering with them very little. I think its humerous to tell people that I collect dolls. Just remember this, people who try to act like they are cool, are never cool.

Not dolls, ACTION FIGURES!!!!!:gah::gah::gah:

yeah some statues are awful, but choose the great ones and you will be enlightened my friend... :)

I had a few, had to sell them. I just didn't have the room for them. Personally if I had the room, I would get both. But as of now, Im with the 1/6. As far as price. If you get 1/6 figures on the second market, you can get 3 figures for the price on 1 Pf.

Not dolls, ACTION FIGURES!!!!!:gah::gah::gah:

I went to the bank one time to pay my visa. It has names of toys stores where l bought 1/6 military parts. The hot young girl at the counter said "how come there are different toy stores on your visa, you collect toys or something"? i said "they are not toys they are action figures beotch". Well l didn't say beotch, l just added that part.:lol

That's not true. I used to collect HT only and then bought PFs. They were nice and still are, but now I collect both and still buy more HT than PFs.

waiting for your update and review.. :)

hmm, none of the hollywood stars cool then..
all of them walk cooly while facing back the explosion all the time.. LOL..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo&feature=related[/ame]

o yeah remember that song my friend..

after watching that video, you might want to request hottoys to make 1/6 Will Ferrell then.. he is so damn cool... he never try to act cool..

"the more you ignore it, the cooler you look" + "walk away in slow motion", LOL best video ever..

it doesnt have to be a giant PF, just a well made polystone statue, could be same scale as 1/6, get a dio/comq... They have some of the most amazing pieces.

There is a sense of satisfaction owning a detailed stone statue of your favorite character in a cool pose as you display it in your house, vs those silly hot toys with the stand holding up the doll. Hot toys are just that..cheap plastic toys no matter how nice the box looks. And the way they are pumping out those ironman and predators, on top of price gap with each release, the market is beginning to crash.

I started with hot toys then I got 2 pf ,vader and greivous.and I prefer hot toys.just because they are posable.the greivous is incredable but I have one option.usually you get extra heads,guns and clothes with ht.

it doesnt have to be a giant PF, just a well made polystone statue, could be same scale as 1/6, get a dio/comq... They have some of the most amazing pieces.

There is a sense of satisfaction owning a detailed stone statue of your favorite character in a cool pose as you display it in your house, vs those silly hot toys with the stand holding up the doll. Hot toys are just that..cheap plastic toys no matter how nice the box looks. And the way they are pumping out those ironman and predators, on top of price gap with each release, the market is beginning to crash.

already crashing... BULLS EYE statement... :)

I wrote my long detailed answer in the last two threads dedicated to 1/6 vs PF. So I'll go straight to a quick summary here and go with:

PF WWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Next week when this same question comes up I will revert to the more detailed answer.

i also want to make a quick summary...
to those who now still owns hot toys....

"STOP CONSOLING YOURSELF, GET RID OF THOSE DOLLS, PURCHASE SOME PF FOR THE GREATER GOOD"

nokia owner: hey man, nokia is the best, blackberry is hype, iphone for grandma and grandpa type user

blackberry owner: hey man, iphone is like for fun, blackberry is the ultimate communication tools.. nokia? what is that a phone brand?

iphone owner: im glad i own iphone, now i can play angry birds 24/hours a day..

iphone + blackberry owner (no money problems): both has its function, some days i use iphone, some days i use blackberry, sometimes both, depends on the occassion, they both great phones..

dolls owner: 1/6 man! pose here pose there man... PF too big for me, no space for me, 1/6 is the best..

PF owner: PF is the correct size for collectors, it is such a beauty, unlike dolls..

dolls and PF owner: they both nice collections..

PF owner that converts from doll: here doggie2, hottoys for you.. good boy..

doll owner that converts from PF: FUFUUFUUFUFUUFUFUFUUFUFUFUUFUFUFUFUUFUFUUUF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back