1/6th silicon joker head in works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here it goes, read the post devil, I don't care about the other hot toys, they are incorrect as well.
this will be correct , a true 1/6th scale piece.
as far as putting up the post you seem to be negative on most of my things, so i have gotten used to it already, I can expect the negative from you.
just wait till it is done then you can rip on my work .
just like the guys that collect cm over on the cd board now they are eating there words
how long did it take for you to post the video of the kid with the big head?
just seems a bit much don't you think?

:confused:

Seriously? You do realize I've only made a grand total of 5 posts (including this one) that were directed at you, right? And none of them were "negative".

Looks sick! I wanna throw out one thing, and this will probably be meaningless since you're probably in the finishing stages of production, but imho the the only thing I don't like is how elongated the face is between the eyes and nose. That's the one thing that's throwing it off for me personally. I did a quick photo Mod to illustrate what I mean.

Your pic (Left) side by side with my Mod:

cc.jpg
ccmodmf7.jpg

To my eye, the Mod looks more accurate. Again, this is just my opinion. As far as the actual work you've done, sweet lord, it's nothing short of breath taking. Hope you have success selling these, truly works of art man. Respect.

So someone gimme an idea of the price range for these pieces from.. *Hank Hill Voice* ..Bawby.

1:1 Bust

1:3 Maquette

1:6 Head Sculpt

If possible.

I hope it isn't another Imaresqd1/Fight Club situation where people "Can't" talk about it. :rolleyes:

5 posts. Sweet lord. :lol:lol:lol

And FYI: I didn't post any video.

how long did it take for you to post the video of the kid with the big head?
just seems a bit much don't you think?

This was in no way whatsoever meant to be an insult to you or disregarding your work.

This is looking to be the custom 1/6 Joker head that I will be most interested in buying. It really is stunning work.

Please consider the people you are making these for though. I can't really tell from that picture which is the right size (although the one one the left does look really huge). I just want it too look in scale with a Hot Toys TT. And in scale with the other figures on my shelf.

I like to display my figures in groups like this:
P1070662.jpg

I would be very very disappointed if I ordered a custom headsculpt from anybody and it looked out of scale with my other 1/6 Hot Toys figures and out of scale with a TT body wearing Hot Toys clothes.

I really really want this headsculpt, but being too big could be a deal breaker for me.

this is going to be outstanding, and anyone lucky enough to order one is truly going to have a masterpiece in their collection. Working close with Bob on the 1/3 Joker really showed me how dedicated he is to perfection and it showed by just having the 1/3 scale head printed multiple times to get the scale perfect to the cinemaquette. That said if Bob says it is good, trust me it is good and you have nothing to worry about.

sorry about that devil, bad day looks like you were getting on me..
here's the thing, the head will be perfect, the scale on the hot toys piece is wrong , the sculpture is wrong.
sorry I don't mean to insult Hot toys but just being honest, if I can do this in my basement by myself (seriously) then why cant hot toys deliver a great likeness with a crew of people .

on another note, when this Joker is standing by the others it will not fit in period! it will look like a miniature person not a toy.
it is a stand alone piece gaurenteed

Last edited:
here's the thing, the head will be perfect, the scale on the hot toys piece is wrong , the sculpture is wrong.
sorry I don't mean to insult Hot toys but just being honest, if I can do this in my basement by myself (seriously) then why cant hot toys deliver a great likeness with a crew of people .

I'm guessing because most figures arrive badly futzed... Just a guess though so the clothes look all puffy. Not many collectors sit with a figure neatly pulling the collars, shirts fitting it nice and snug so it looks respectable. Unlike some of us OCD'ers. Saying that Hot Toys Joker hair has always been overly big... to some degree.

It looks terribly big here with neat clothes.

3534714902_d507fe9c35.jpg

Last edited:
maybe I can take some better shots, but the small joker head i have is just under the hot toys by millimeters,the medium is slightly longer but seems to fit better. most people hate sculpted hair, because there is no separation, instead of looking just at the face you are looking at the entire head as one.
the 1/3rd joker I have been working on I went through so many changes to get it perfect, working on the shoes now , making sure the stitching laces and form are as close as possible. this is tedious work .

Pardon my ignorance, but how much does something like this cost (assuming one is lucky enough to get a place on the list)? Or is this an "if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it anyway" type of deal? Because even in the very preliminary stages, this looks amazing...

most people hate sculpted hair, because there is no separation, instead of looking just at the face you are looking at the entire head as one.

I personally can't stand it because it looks shiny under the camera or in low light it then looks like plasticine. With twine hair? fabric gut? or whatever the material is called it has no plastic sheen off it no matter what lighting. Plus the sheen off Hot Toys close up becomes that thick it's like Medusa's hair. The Play-Doh effect.

3122660918_f829564cca.jpg

Don't get me wrong though. I love Hot Toys sculpts but if I wasn't on these forums it wouldn't bother me. It's just when you're on these boards and you see things are improving you can't help but want better.

Last edited:
maybe I can take some better shots, but the small joker head i have is just under the hot toys by millimeters,the medium is slightly longer but seems to fit better. most people hate sculpted hair, because there is no separation, instead of looking just at the face you are looking at the entire head as one.
the 1/3rd joker I have been working on I went through so many changes to get it perfect, working on the shoes now , making sure the stitching laces and form are as close as possible. this is tedious work .

thus why I'm so driven to obtain the 1/3, otherwise this 1/6 head sculpt would be mine. Mr. Causey has Heath's Joker down to the t.

No question you know what you are seeing and talking about. I would love to have one of these, but like many not sure if I could afford one.
Are you planning on punching hair for the the 1/6 too? Im assuming from what I saw on the 1/3 that is what you have done. Is your plan for just 1/6 heads or are you doing the whole figure?

just the head, it will have hair not sculpted, ok first post is the smaller of the heads. this is on par with the HT piece.
IMG_79752-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_79732-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_79802-1.jpg
[/IMG]
the next group is the med head

Depending on the price i would love to own one of these. Shoot me a PM when ou get a chance Bobby. :peace

Will the neck piece have a hole like Hot Toys current heads are. Where you can stick your finger up the neck? or will people need to do like everyone else's custom made heads. Saw off the little plastic stub for the neck adapter then glue the neck to the little D shaped plug that goes into the neck.

on another note, this is my reeve going to be scanned tomorrow, hands and head. I want to see how far I can take the realism on small scale, maybe even a action figure size
for now, 1/6th and 1/3rd

IMG_79672-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back