1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun (in development)

That looks fantastic psimon. :clap Are you going to sculpt the fur or apply some sort of hair?

I was going to use faux fur for both the 1/4 figure and 1:1 bust but my brother wants to sculpt the fur on the bust (he does amazing fur scult). I wil probably still faux fur the 1/4 figure.

Nice sculpt, psimon.

Sad it's been almost two years and no further news on this or the probot...

The 1:1 bust has been on hold since my brother will probably be finishing it. I dont know when or even how to get this to him (I live in Ontario Canada an he is in Arizona USA). He is also backlogged with other projects.

The 1/4 scale sculpt was updated just this past January. Unfortunatly other priorities has also kept me from workin on this. I have a couple weeks vacation coming up in July so my goal is to finish the sculpt and maybe soon after, get him casted.

psimon, I think Invictus Sol was talking about Sideshow and their 1/6 TaunTaun and not your project when talking about the 2 year delay.

Yep, should've been more clear about that. Didn't mean for it to appear I was haranguing you about the delay on your project, psimon! Looking forward to updates, though.

Thanks for clarifying it, Outlander. :duff

Taun Taun with Luke at SDCC this year! :clap

Assuming the list was valid this is exciting news...

Glad for Taun Taun, not looking forward to the storm comparing SSC Luke to HT.

I guess the list could NOT be 100% valid, but many of the items on it have already been previewed.

Glad for TaunTaun, not looking forward to the storm comparing SSC Luke to HT.

:exactly: :gah:

I guess the list could NOT be 100% valid, but many of the items on it have already been previewed.

And they showed the TaunTaun in a Star Wars Inside Look video that was featured in the Star Wars Collectibles Update panel at Comic-Con in August 2011. So it's about time already. :dunno

I think the chance of a tauntaun showing up at SDCC are pretty high.

I wish they were as high for the carbon freezing chamber.

I wonder too. Articulation would be more meaningful on a tauntaun, so it might be better to make it vinyl.

However, I'm not sure how much more meaningful. A head that turns could be nice.

Glad for Taun Taun, not looking forward to the storm comparing SSC Luke to HT.

I hear what you're saying. The Taun Taun will be awesome but there's no denying that the pressure is on Sideshow with this upcoming Luke.

I wonder too. Articulation would be more meaningful on a tauntaun, so it might be better to make it vinyl.

However, I'm not sure how much more meaningful. A head that turns could be nice.

I am most supportive of articulation.

There is even C-3PO and R2 on the list.....:horror

Theres alot but some of its already been sneak peeked.

Theres some weird stuff on there if they are just predictors, like the Droidekas, but some of it would have been easy to predict from various sneak peeks.

Two things -

1) I have no faith in that list.

2) If, by some miracle, we do get a Taun Taun this year, if it has no articulation, mine will sit in Sideshow's warehouse right next to my Dewback until someone else buys it.

Two things -

1) I have no faith in that list.

2) If, by some miracle, we do get a Taun Taun this year, if it has no articulation, mine will sit in Sideshow's warehouse right next to my Dewback until someone else buys it.

that's hilarious, what a coincidence, i actually think i bought your very same dewback in sideshow's warehouse.

Back