1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been the opposite lately about where I purchase. I used to buy everything directly from SS. But with the rising prices I have no problem waiting another couple of weeks for my figure if it means saving 10%. However, SS has had several great coupons lately so I've been able to pre-order figures for the same price as the online retailers. The best of both worlds!

Here's a few pics of mine.

BOBAFETTSSC019.jpg

BOBAFETTSSC018.jpg

BOBAFETTSSC013.jpg

BOBAFETTSSC005.jpg

Rising prices, more QC snafus, less reasonable customer service are all turning me more and more away from SSC on one level. But they keep producing all this awesome ____ that keeps me buying like Zartan, Boba, Hawkeye PF, Joker and Batman PFs, etc. I'm conflicted.

I've been the opposite lately about where I purchase. I used to buy everything directly from SS. But with the rising prices I have no problem waiting another couple of weeks for my figure if it means saving 10%. However, SS has had several great coupons lately so I've been able to pre-order figures for the same price as the online retailers. The best of both worlds!

That is great. The nice thing about ordering them from someone local is that you don't have to pay shipping charges either. I still order exclusives sometimes if I absolutely want it, but other than that, I save on the regular versions. In this case, I could do without the stand because I will be using the very cool light up base anyway.

I really think that ssc one looks a loot better than the medi, who doesn't see that is absolutely blind

What did you write here? I have a little trouble seeing, so I can't read it... :monkey3

Seriously, what is with people bashing the ROTJ medi Fett for no good reason? SSC and Medicom each have a distinct style of 1/6 scale figures (I prefer SSC overall) and each company did a fine interpretation of Fett in their own fashion. They each have flaws, as does just about any 1/6 figure you could name (hell, I could even nitpick my HT Jack Sparrow, but that would just be stupid of me - it's a gorgeous figure!) Even with the flaws, these figures rank among the coolest either company has produced.

Just ordered the EX from SSC. I was hesitant about Fett when I first saw him and didn't even bother POing the EX (was taking a break from SSC). Now the in-hand pics have swayed me.

I think the only concern I see is the thin arms from certain angles. I know they help with articulation, but they look kinda whimpy.

What did you write here? I have a little trouble seeing, so I can't read it... :monkey3

Seriously, what is with people bashing the ROTJ medi Fett for no good reason? SSC and Medicom each have a distinct style of 1/6 scale figures (I prefer SSC overall) and each company did a fine interpretation of Fett in their own fashion. They each have flaws, as does just about any 1/6 figure you could name (hell, I could even nitpick my HT Jack Sparrow, but that would just be stupid of me - it's a gorgeous figure!) Even with the flaws, these figures rank among the coolest either company has produced.

I don't think anyone here is bashing the ROTJ Fett. They are bashing the ESB Fett compared to the Sideshow one. You can't compare ESB to ROTJ...apples to oranges. We are talking about the definitive ESB Boba Fett. Right now it looks like it's Sideshow version.

I can see what you say :monkey1

I'm not bashing the figure, It can be a great figure without being "movie accurate" or perfect, paint apps, details, etc, can make a figure great... of course everithing have flaws, these figures are just that, figures, can't be perfect exact representations of the actual guy (by now...) but you have to admit that this SSC Boba looks much closer to the films that the Medicom one, and that doesn't mean that you can't like the Medi one. I make my point?

Yeah totally agree.. Which I already did for bossk n snowtrooper exclusive order..ST even ignore my enquire on exclusive order..oh well :slap

I think u can order the exclusives from SS directly but for regulars, we can still order from ST.. much cheaper this way..

That's what I'm gonna do for snowtroopers.. will get 2 from ST while the exclusive from SS..

Just comparing pics of SS's ESB to Medi's ESB I can see that SS's is definitely the one to have.

I passed on this but after browsing thru the mod thread I may have to pic him up after all. Looks really nice with an adjusted vest. I still hate the choice of material for the Wookie braids though.

I don't think anyone here is bashing the ROTJ Fett. They are bashing the ESB Fett compared to the Sideshow one. You can't compare ESB to ROTJ...apples to oranges. We are talking about the definitive ESB Boba Fett. Right now it looks like it's Sideshow version.

:goodpost::goodpost::lecture

BUt that doesn't mean that someone can deaply love the medi one... It can be a great figure without being movie accurate. Medicom is a great company, and make great figures... they are just not in scale and accurate :nana:

I've seen alot of medis on these boards I think are cool. People have awesome Crow Zero collections, Gatchaman, Kamens, etc...

But the contant whining of people being overly defensive of their tiny Star Wars medis is just pathetic. Even on the medi "tall" body they are too short and they look tiny and stretched. I like my Star Wars 3.75 figures, but I don't pose them with my SS figures and go "Look at me! Ain't this cool! Scale don't matter!"

We get it, not everyone is discerning about what they have in their collection, but most people that collect SS/HT goods are and don't want that crap. Medicom has made a ton of Star Wars figures over the years, you could have a whole collection just built on that and thats respectable, but that crap isn't mixxing in my SS/HT stuff.

Thing is EF. If this was a Medicom release and the proto to production turned out like it did you'd be laughing and calling it a POS. And making fun of people that liked it. OVER AND OVER. But since you're a SS loverboy and they can do no wrong we all understand. (and no i don't care about scale is that so god damn hard to understand?:lol)

Thing is, OS, if this had been a Medi and not Sideshow, you and the other Medikids would be making every excuse under the sun as to why it's awesome and how the errors don't matter because it's "stylized" and trolling the people who said otherwise as haters and reporting their posts left and right as trolling since your a Medi loverboy and they can do no wrong.

Back