1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did SS say how these were going to be released? Sorry if I missed this if already discussed, but would OOM-9 be released alone, or with the blue variant in a two-pack?

Seeing there were 2 commanders and 2 pilots displayed at San Diego, i'd bet we'll be getting a pilot 2-Pack and a commander 2-pack.

Seeing there were 2 commanders and 2 pilots displayed at San Diego, i'd bet we'll be getting a pilot 2-Pack and a commander 2-pack.

If that's the case, who wants to go halfsies with me on those two 2-packs?? :lol I'd only need one pilot and one OOM-9 in white, and 1 commander droid in Geonosian red. I guess that makes three 2-packs. ;)

I am hoping for the pilot to come with some sort of control panels as seen in the movies.

I am hoping for the pilot to come with some sort of control panels as seen in the movies.

I can't find a pic of it, but the pilot droids manned ship wheels in TPM. You can see them in the background of some of the scenes on the Neimoidian bridge. I actually thought, or hoped, Sideshow would release the ship wheel with the pilots, but I'm guessing not many people would buy it besides me.

Edit: Found a couple

tfbridge00.jpg

tfcrew3.jpg

tfbridge09.jpg

tfbridge03.jpg

Last edited:
I can't find a pic of it, but the pilot droids manned ship wheels in TPM. You can see them in the background of some of the scenes on the Neimoidian bridge. I actually thought, or hoped, Sideshow would release the ship wheel with the pilots, but I'm guessing not many people would buy it besides me.

Edit: Found a couple

tfbridge00.jpg

Count me in! Never quite notice the wheels before. That would make a great display piece, simply having the pilot standing around isn't much fun at all.

If I remember correctly on Grievous's ship in ROTS, pilots were stationed behind control panels.

Count me in! Never quite notice the wheels before. That would make a great display piece, simply having the pilot standing around isn't much fun at all.

If I remember correctly on Grievous's ship in ROTS, pilots were stationed behind control panels.

Haha, well that's two that would buy it as a display piece!

Yeah the ship wheels were only seen on the Neimoidian ship in TPM as far as I know. Grievous' ship just had really distracting green controls everywhere. The Trade Federation ships/equipment designs from TPM were far more appealing, to me anyway.

Technically I don't see much difficulty for Sideshow to achieve that. Make it out of plastic instead of Polystone and its affordable for all.:D

Technically I don't see much difficulty for Sideshow to achieve that. Make it out of plastic instead of Polystone and its affordable for all.:D

Yeah I can't imagine it'd be very hard for them. Although there is a light in them (around the smaller circle or the wheel) that the screen caps don't really pic up, not that a light up feature is crazy difficult or anything.

That idea actually excited me. I am a hopeless dork!:lol

Haha, you and me both man

I don't really have an interest in AOTC Droids so I hope they don't start mix and matching Droids from different movies together as a way to force us to buy extras we don't want.

I don't really have an interest in AOTC Droids so I hope they don't start mix and matching Droids from different movies together as a way to force us to buy extras we don't want.

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. :wink1:

This "we" would buy some. They looked cool as ____ at comic-con.

Back