1/6th scale Robby the Robot from X-Plus ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon guys, where's da pics at?

EDIT

I found the other thread.

Has anyone else been having problems keeping their Robby standing?

Mine's done a shelf-dive twice (thankfully he's not that high off the floor).

The issue seems to be that he's very front-heavy with no counterweight in the back. Over time, the vinyl ankles bend forward and he topples over. Unfortunately, he doesn't bend far enough back at the hips to counter this, has no knee articulation, and just a swivel at the ankles. This means I really can't lean him back.

Going to have to figure out some kind of stand for him...

Has anyone else been having problems keeping their Robby standing?

Mine's done a shelf-dive twice (thankfully he's not that high off the floor).

The issue seems to be that he's very front-heavy with no counterweight in the back. Over time, the vinyl ankles bends forward and he topples over. Unfortunately, he doesn't bend far enough back at the hips to counter this, and has no knee articulation and just a swivel at the ankles. This means I really can't lean him back.

Going to have to figure out some kind of stand for him...

No, I haven't had this issue at all. Mine is very sturdy and not off balance. Maybe the figure inside yours is bent weird, throwing it off balance? Not sure how that can be though, not much room inside there.

Michael's craft stores has some larger stands that might fit Robby perfectly.

Personally, I am looking for another ray gun though, if anyone is willing to part with theirs or has an extra??? Please???

Sean

Made a quick solution...took the Sideshow EpIII SDCC Anakin exclusive stand and a Hot Toys crotch stand. It manages to jam right between his knees at the lowest setting and should help support him.

Yep! I had this problem to! I use two of those little felt pad you put under chair legs and stuck them on the front part, under the feet. This way, he stands perfectly straight, it's invisible and there's no need for a stand! :D

So, do the people who have one now feel it's worth the money?
Thanks,
J.B.

I got mine on preorder for under $300 and it was worth it for me simply because this is something I ALWAYS wanted, an accurate 1/6 scale Robby.

Granted, it is very expensive, all these toys are WAY overpriced - it should have more electronics/lights rather than a guy inside for the money. But it's still very cool and for me was more a fulfillment of a boyhood desire for a 1/6 scale Robby.

If they were more reasonably priced I' buy a couple more to customize (put lights inside, etc).

Sean

Not knowing of another vender, I pre-ordered one from Side Show.

I felt more than a little queasy paying that much, but I have always wanted a 1:6 Robby (the 1:5 Masadya just doesn't look right next to other 1:6 robot figures). X-Plus had previously made 1:12 scale Robby figures, and they were excellent, so I didn't worry too much about the quality. And, thankfully, it is very nice quality.

Would I recommend buying one, unless you are a robot nut (which I am), certainly not at the current price point.

Quite happy with mine, though at the moment he's boxed up while we try to sell the house. As we've decided to give it 'til the end of June(when interest rates go up) I expect to have him back on display in 8 weeks or so...PS

So, 5 year old bump with an update :)

I'd still been using the Anakin stand mentioned above, until my dog divebombed my desk this summer and knocked Robbie off his shelf. This ended up breaking his right side antenna ring off in the process. I was able to fix this by drilling out the right side ring post with a 3/32 drill bit and replaced the rod with 3/32 aluminum tube from a hobby shop. The repair is just about indistinguishable since the tiny bit of aluminum that shows is a great match for the original silver of the rest of the antenna.

Anyway, just wanted to post this to also remind everyone to check your Robbie if you put batteries in. I put AAAs in back when I first got my Robbie and forgot about them. All three batteries had ruptured and leaked acid inside his dome. This took a bit of cleaning between dis-assembly and white vinegar, but everything appears to be good now.

I also switched Robbie over to a HT Action-TT stand which is a reasonable color match and seems to be grabbing him better in the crotch for more stability :p

Mine has the stand from a BJD that my wife gave me;it's kind of big(and white)but it keeps him rock steady.Thanx for the warning about the batteries.Have to check mine,now that I have his"brother" to display him with(B9)...PS

And a BIG thank you to Cryoguns for bringing up a very important point;CHECK THOSE BATTERIES!My Robbie had one going bad and another thinking about it(all have now been removed).Also thanks for the vinegar tip. Sadly,I don't have any AAA's on hand to check that everything still works.I also had to make some repairs due to the BJD stand,which had pinched hir waist pretty deeply(thank Gahd for heat guns and vinyl).So now I need to come up with a new stand and AAA's...PS

Back