1/6th scale Robby the Robot from X-Plus ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
1/6th scale Robby the Robot from X-Plus / Medicom

This is the first I've seen on this one:

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21087&extra=page=1

I've been itching for a good and proper 1/6th Robby for several years and this one does look fantastic! Unfortunately, the price tag is also quite a bit heftier that I'd care to see (30,300 yen) :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
:google Yowser. That looks great. Don't really need it to come apart, or the extra figure. It'd be great if it had a feature like the Go Hero usb function, working lights and it talked, then it'd be worth it, but I guess it's only a suit. More information please. Robbie's popularity means it will sell out.

Found this. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10105102

Say's it's an X-plus product manufactured by Medicom. Not sure if it's the same item or not. Says 27,170 Yen, about $300. Release date February.

Last edited:
Awesome. I always wanted a Robby. To bad it's a "suit" though - for that price I'd want a few lights in it at least. Don't need the gimmick of the figure inside it, which probably added a bit to the cost.

Sean

I've never heard of X Plus, what else do they make?

I first heard of X-Plus when I was really into Godzilla in the late 90's early 00's. They did the same kind of thing with Gamera and Godzilla as rubber suits with 1/6 figures in them. Cool idea if you like it to be a replica of the movie suit. They are a bit overpriced though. Must be the Medicom influence. They haven't caught on that the rest of the world thinks they aren't worth the money yet I guess.

X-Plus also makes a SUPER RARE AvP Scar and Grid vinyl figure set.

Not too many people know about these.

10002698zv.jpg

10002700lg.jpg

10000816gn.jpg

avpxplus11fn.png

avpxplus3pc.png

Wow!!! That is awesome... always wanted a Robby the Robot; maybe this will be the one. And now I guess we know where that Keven Spacey looking head came from.

X-Plus also made some very cool Ray Harryhausen pieces... here is their Cyclops:

cd.jpg

Not that I know of; Medicom made one and so did Takara.

Later there was also a Microman series which were Microman figures in Godzilla suits.

I first heard of X-Plus when I was really into Godzilla in the late 90's early 00's. They did the same kind of thing with Gamera and Godzilla as rubber suits with 1/6 figures in them.

I wonder if X-Plus ever made a Jet Jaguar? Hell, I wonder if anyone has made a Jet Jaguar 12" or even a statue? Always wanted to buy one.

12-inch suit? Sounds like someone is trying to get around a licensing agreement.

Looks cool though.

I was thinking that they were making them similar to the earlier releases of Godzilla, Gamera, etc.

Now I'm not up on my SciFi history, but was the original Robby a rubber suit?

I was thinking that they were making them similar to the earlier releases of Godzilla, Gamera, etc.

Now I'm not up on my SciFi history, but was the original Robby a rubber suit?

A suit, yes...rubber, no. I want to say it was fiberglass but am not 100% positive.

Prefused; is your avatar the creature from the end of the 2nd Conan movie? What is the picture of?

Prefused; is your avatar the creature from the end of the 2nd Conan movie? What is the picture of?
yep. his name is (was?) Dagoth The Dreaming God.

Conan 2 was a lousy movie, but i still enjoy it for some reason.

Back