1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did Sideshow fix the tight shoulder rotation joints?

cause I have two of the originals and both have tight shoulder joints, except one has right shoulder joint so tight it will not move and I don't want to damage it by using too much force.

Attachments

• 1000292_press08.jpg
    1000292_press08.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 1000292_press04.jpg
    1000292_press04.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 1000292_press09.jpg
    1000292_press09.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 1000292_press12.jpg
    1000292_press12.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 222
This thread was started in 2010 - amazing how old this figure is. SSC must be pretty pleased they can still get top dollar for a redo of a figure that shipped 6 years ago. I never understand why they drop things from the re-release though (and bump the price a little.) The light-up stand should have been in this release.

Interesting changes to this release over the original though - making the elbow rubber joints black like the Kenner figure was a nice touch. Also, the "mines/grenades" are all-new sculpts - it's bizarre why they would have done that (they're just inspired from the hasbro figure.)

The paint doesn't look hugely different from the original - my v.1 IG seemed to get a double dose of rust/grime weathering (and it seized up the joints in some places) so looks pretty similar to this version.

Almost bought this as mybfirat figure to build up the Bounty Hunters with Bossk the close second. Mainly due to the noticeable shorter hoses on the legs. I don't understand why most of the poses I seen with this figure are the short and not extended leg pose to heighten this iconic Droid.

Doesn't look good. Fingers crossed Bossk will be at least good as original version.

I always remembered him being very tall. Empire scene he was standing lower on the steps behind Vader and was still had height although it was probably to hide his feet or for stability in the scene. Even SS displays him unextended at cons like Celebration. Gotta show him tower in all his glory!

Onscreen in ESB, IG's legs are in the lower/shorter setting at all times, and all the vintage toys are shorter legs. The longer/extendable legs thing was begun by hasbro for their 12" IG in 2000, inspired by all that EU stuff from the mid 1990's where IG was a running, jumping action-man (like Shadows.)

Overall, the SSC figure is mostly a 1/6 replication of the hasbro 2007 "vintage" IG with its mines, vibro blade and super articulated joints (a fig which is permanently in the EU "extended legs" setting.)

Mine arrived intact. As expected, the weathering is half-assd and looks nothing like the proto or "production" version. The head and parts of the arms have none at all, which is just weird. Quality wise, it feels super cheap in hand

I owned the V1 Exclusive and sold it years ago because I didn't think they'd get around to the other bounty hunters. I ordered the V2 as a replacement.

Received my V2 and was sorely disappointed. Mine arrived repackaged from the factory like scottjua's. A tube on the body wasn't glued in, there were paint splotches and scratches that weren't weathering, terrible gaps in the seams, really bad gate marks, and the left arm swivel joint was pretty much fused shut. I know these are tight, but this one wouldn't budge. The paintwork was not good. The overall look and feel was very cheap.

I decided to return it. And then I purchased a decently priced V1 Exclusive MISB. Miles better even if it cost more than this.

Doesn't mean they'll all have problems, but the one I received was really bad. Very disappointed. I was really looking forward to this figure as a big fan of droids.

Dang! I'm getting worried [emoji54] it seems like only one or two people are happy with theirs so far. Mine is supposed to arrive later this evening not sure though due to the recent weather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I think the arms sticking is a common issue. Mine was realllllly tight on one side. I didn't notice anything else wrong other than the gun difficult to hold in one hand and the box being bent from someone opening it. I'm scared to look it over in more detail >_<

Edit:
Actually figured out that the one gun I was having issues with has a peg and hole to keep it stableized, so that fixed it. Standing on a shelf, he actually looks good. I think with some custom weathering, he'll be good. Now I need to test the electronics

The arms on the V1 I had were tight, but moved freely after a while. If I recall correctly, this is widespread due to paint on the swivel joint.

One of the arms on the V2 I received was like that. Started moving after a bit of force. The other one was pretty much just fused. I pushed till my palms were raw but only got it to do one full rotation, and that was that.

So can anyone confirm of SSC opted to use the same materials to make this one? I see some saying it feels "cheap."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

In my opinion, having had both, it's not the actual materials per se but the build and paint quality that makes it feel cheap. It really felt rushed together. Really didn't help that the box and tray the figure came in was a mess.

I just remember V1 just feeling a lot more premium. It also helps that the exclusive V1 had a nice holster for the E-11 and a vibro axe.

I'll update again when I have the V1 again in a few days.

Again, caveat. The really bad ones could be an anomaly. We'll see as more people get their figures.

I owned the V1 Exclusive and sold it years ago because I didn't think they'd get around to the other bounty hunters. I ordered the V2 as a replacement.

Received my V2 and was sorely disappointed. Mine arrived repackaged from the factory like scottjua's. A tube on the body wasn't glued in, there were paint splotches and scratches that weren't weathering, terrible gaps in the seams, really bad gate marks, and the left arm swivel joint was pretty much fused shut. I know these are tight, but this one wouldn't budge. The paintwork was not good. The overall look and feel was very cheap.

I decided to return it. And then I purchased a decently priced V1 Exclusive MISB. Miles better even if it cost more than this.

Doesn't mean they'll all have problems, but the one I received was really bad. Very disappointed. I was really looking forward to this figure as a big fan of droids.

Mine had the same issue with the left arm shoulder, was glued on incorrectly restricting the arm to have zero forward articulation. That and the left leg felt like it was going to fall off. Unfortunately seems like this figure just has issues across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had the same issue with the left arm shoulder, was glued on incorrectly restricting the arm to have zero forward articulation. That and the left leg felt like it was going to fall off. Unfortunately seems like this figure just has issues across the board.

Yes, that's exactly what it felt like. Are you planning on returning it as well or going to ask for an exchange?

I was looking at a review of the original to see what's different and he actually has less/worse paint apps than that release

Back