1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure

To me, Sideshow does have the issues you describe....I can see how a figure like Ig-88 that has to built from scratch will cost more than an Emperor figure.

For myself, Sideshow has issues with their:

Paint app quality
Accessory quality - too few included with $100 figures
Scale issue - Vader standing next to Emperor explains that

Good points, CM! I actually share most of the issues with you to some degree.....I actually HATE the Emperor figure cause he aint a $100 item

That said, IG-88 is one of my fav background characters of all time - one of two HASBRO 12" I kept, so of course I am pumped for a highly detailed version from Sideshow

IG88.jpg

WOAH! NICE!! That's more like it! :clap

But I'll most likely be drilling out those eyes and adding in a light inside his head. :wink1:

Finally got the chance to view the video on a big screen, have to say details on this figure is fantastic! :clap

Hope this pave the way for more Driods to come.:)

$100 says the factory paints will never look like that.

No bet. But I'm hoping. =) They've done some pretty stellar metallic paint jobs in the recent past. Han/Carbonite comes to mind...

And 95% of their weapons. Paint apps are only an issue for them when human flesh is involved.

Has there been a Star Wars figure that SSC has put out that hasn't been criticized or re-done my members here? Why not leave well enough alone? I know a lot of you have the AWESOME ability to do great work, but to start picking the figure apart before it's released is a bit weird. I know I'm going to eat a lot of _____ for this comment.
I thought the sneak peek on facebook looked awesome IMO!

The point is the fact that there hasn't been a Star Wars figure that SSC has put out that hasn't been criticized or re-done by members here.

Yup, no figure escapes it. The HT Barney Ross figure is perect, but still there are people in there with their "fan corrected" bs.

I don't know about anybody else, but the prospect of a Sideshow IG-88 is very exciting to me!

:exactly:

CAN'T WAIT!! I was SO SURE they'd have announced his pre-order during CV, but I (im)patiently wait. ;)

The point is the fact that there hasn't been a Star Wars figure that SSC has put out that hasn't been criticized or re-done by members here.

Oh, its mostly (somewhat) deserved, with exceptions. Take a Sideshow proto pic, then compare it to the final product. 90% of the time, they are different........

That said, their non human characters are usually excellent.....I have no worries with Ig-88...wonder what exclusive it could come with?

Last edited:

Oh, and its mostly deserved, with exceptions. Take a Sideshow proto pic, then compare it to the final product. 90% of the time, they are different.........

Pardon me! Make a hole! Coming through!

OK...back on the path of more important issues!

If we get IG-88...this could lead to getting the still from the Mos Eisley cantina!:)

It's worse though because all the douchebags who critique the ____ out of Sideshow's offerings feel entitled when standard prototype-to-production changes are made. Like it somehow justifies being a worldclass douchebaggy nitpick. As bad as this is though, the Aliens & Robots section is far worse with the recent Spawn.com purge. Bunch of overcritical douches whining about eyebrow hairs, lip position, freckle misalignment, NECA 7" figures being more accurate than HT figures and Sideshow Maquettes, etc.

I agree that attitude is half the battle....hey man, you just described 50% of people in this world!!! LOL.........but yeah, people's bad attitudes get O L D

Back