1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to remove the eye?

Heat it up and be very very gentle. It's fragile. Just slowly wedge it off, it was a bit hairy.
I started to paint some detail on the inside of the glass eye. From the front it's just barely visible but takes the gold ball look off.

Wow, that "mud like substance" is really weird

It's just Sideshows version of ageing/weathering and some slightly sloppy paint work. They are all the same.

Love this shot! :rock

I've just done some new poses and pics, I'll put them up later.

Thank you! Eager to see the new ones of yours!

This might be interesting and useful for some of you.

That's excellent! I have to do this todday. So its 3 parts -- mask, eyes and the fleshy area to repaint. Your work above on the eyes is amazing how it nakes its instantly more lifelike.

Thank you! Eager to see the new ones of yours!

That's excellent! I have to do this todday. So its 3 parts -- mask, eyes and the fleshy area to repaint. Your work above on the eyes is amazing how it nakes its instantly more lifelike.

yeah, thank the gods, they made it in such a way it's perfect to fix. 3 pieces. Mine were't glued too tightly, but always wedge from an inside edge, that way if you mark the plastic it won't matter. The pink lines however, come off after the red/brown flesh paint, at least mine did. I didn't mind as I'm resculpting the eye area anyway. But a warning to anyone thinking they will remove them with acetone or something. Easy repaint though.

So can I say that it is normal then? Because it seems like the substance can be scrapped off.

It's normal mate. Any of that paint can be scraped off with your nail. the muddy stuff is supposed to be just that, sand and dirt from war campaigns.

so the head comes off easy? and what part do you need to heat up ?

The mask comes off via magnets. Don't need to remove the head.

yeah, thank the gods, they made it in such a way it's perfect to fix. 3 pieces. Mine were't glued too tightly, but always wedge from an inside edge, that way if you mark the plastic it won't matter. The pink lines however, come off after the red/brown flesh paint, at least mine did. I didn't mind as I'm resculpting the eye area anyway. But a warning to anyone thinking they will remove them with acetone or something. Easy repaint though.

Did you mean that the red/brown paint comes off easier than the pink? Or that the pink just rubs right off?

I won't be resculpting but I certainly would like to repaint the eye area... and now the inside of the eyes themselves, thank you very much. :)

The mask comes off via magnets. Don't need to remove the head.

Did you mean that the red/brown paint comes off easier than the pink? Or that the pink just rubs right off?

I won't be resculpting but I certainly would like to repaint the eye area... and now the inside of the eyes themselves, thank you very much. :)

Sorry, I meant the red/brown comes off easier than the pink (which I think is a transfer of some kind). It doesn't really matter though, it's a pretty straightforward repaint anyway. And painting the inside of the eyes is pretty easy. PM me if you want to know what I did. I'm only sculpting it because of the lack of texture. Just did this, I think it will look good painted and varnished..

Yep -- I love those last two poses also! :clap

What do you guys think of the melded arms? I really dislike the piston/swivel thing. I wish they posed better because I like the six-finger hands. Then again, its hard to beat the four-arms for versatility.

Reviewing the hunch... and its really clear that its an artist's creation. Where the heck does that "hump" come from?

View attachment 94830

The only way to get 'that' look out of this figure would be to 'stuff' the back under the cape. But I don't think you can get the face under the collar like that, even with my neck fix.

I think I might be able to get this close... (but he'll still need some cheat padding)...

starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-2261.jpg

Back