1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RORY! Awesome pose right out of the box! That's the fight pose to have! Very intimidating.

I'm also curious what your minor quibble are as I had my own. Curious too about the articulation on the head?

RORY! Awesome pose right out of the box! That's the fight pose to have! Very intimidating.

I'm also curious what your minor quibble are as I had my own. Curious too about the articulation on the head?

Thanks man. My minor quibbles would be..
(1) Head articulation, like you it springs back a bit, a mix of the rubber parts in the neck and the ball joints I think. It's great but I wish he could look up more. Even with the dual articulation on the neck area, it's still a bit fiddly.
(2) The elbow on the full arms, the pistons are very clever and all, but the arms don't pose as easily as the split arms, which I love.
(3) The eye area, I don't know what they were thinking. At first I thought those little pink paint dashes were just messy paint, but after looking at some of Para's close up pics, I've realised that like the bone texture on the armour, they are actually transfers as well. As they are EXACTLY the same paint marks as on my head.
Not paint at all. So that is a bit stupid, as they were using transfers it should have been perfect.
(4) I stupidly started looking at screen grabs of the face and helmet, and can now see glaring inconsistencies, especially around the eye holes and fins/ears.

But, I still think it's a wonderful figure. I really do like it. I'm definitely gonna do some work on it but I don't really want to.
Maybe when new toy syndrome fades a bit. I don't want to put anyone off though, these are inconsequential to the overall product.
And mine was QC free, which was a huge relief. I can see SS taking leaps and bounds in some areas of production and dipping back in others. Between this, the shiny Clonetrooper and Vader, I can see a few things.
The cape is great, as was Vaders, the actual materials and "transfer" work is awesome, but the actual paint is getting sloppier, there isn't a lot of real paint on this, and it's all the better for it.

SS have me in a vice grip this year. This, Vader, Boba, Clones, Battle droids, EVERYTHING from Hoth.
HT just have Robo.

(1) Head articulation, like you it springs back a bit, a mix of the rubber parts in the neck and the ball joints I think. It's great but I wish he could look up more. Even with the dual articulation on the neck area, it's still a bit fiddly.
(2) The elbow on the full arms, the pistons are very clever and all, but the arms don't pose as easily as the split arms, which I love.
(3) The eye area, I don't know what they were thinking. At first I thought those little pink paint dashes were just messy paint, but after looking at some of Para's close up pics, I've realised that like the bone texture on the armour, they are actually transfers as well. As they are EXACTLY the same paint marks as on my head.
Not paint at all. So that is a bit stupid, as they were using transfers it should have been perfect.

My exact faults. Eye paint I'll fix. Relief (for me) that its not just my head that's bobbly, but it would be nice if it would lock in place better. And yes, those fused arms are not as fun to pose. And they look a bit "monkey-armed" (to bring an old phrase back). Your point number 4 is all you though: no figure looks exactly like its source material once you start viewing screengrabs. Maybe some day -- that's what we're all trying to attain.

Can't wait for more poses from you, and everyone. I want to live vicariously now.

Fantastic pics Para and Rory. :clap

It is so good to hear that he looks wonderful as I always had the thought in the back of my head that he just looked like a very expensive toy and justifying paying the price for him was always a worry but hearing from Wor-Gor, Para and Rory has been really reassuring. :yess:

(4) I stupidly started looking at screen grabs of the face and helmet, and can now see glaring inconsistencies, especially around the eye holes and fins/ears.

But, I still think it's a wonderful figure. I really do like it. I'm definitely gonna do some work on it but I don't really want to.
Maybe when new toy syndrome fades a bit. I don't want to put anyone off though, these are inconsequential to the overall product.
And mine was QC free, which was a huge relief. I can see SS taking leaps and bounds in some areas of production and dipping back in others. Between this, the shiny Clonetrooper and Vader, I can see a few things.
The cape is great, as was Vaders, the actual materials and "transfer" work is awesome, but the actual paint is getting sloppier, there isn't a lot of real paint on this, and it's all the better for it.

SS have me in a vice grip this year. This, Vader, Boba, Clones, Battle droids, EVERYTHING from Hoth.
HT just have Robo.

I feel a lot of this is the same for the Battle Droids. If anyone would closely compare the Battle Droid from the film to Sideshow's, you would see so many things they got wrong, things that could have been corrected easily, but overall it's still a great figure and most people don't seem to mind. I'm obsessive about droids, so these things drive me nuts, but I don't want to complain all over the thread and ruin things for people that enjoy them just fine. Grievous seems to be a lot like this.

I'm curious to see how that pose will look with the cape. May need water treatment to get the hang right. Rory's probably on it right now.

I wonder why Sideshow put the notches all over the glass torso so you can't see the guts inside? I heard SS even "painted the heart" but I couldn't tell you where the heart is inside there. In the movie, Grievous' glass torso is clear.

I'm curious to see how that pose will look with the cape. May need water treatment to get the hang right. Rory's probably on it right now.

I wonder why Sideshow put the notches all over the glass torso so you can't see the guts inside? I heard SS even "painted the heart" but I couldn't tell you where the heart is inside there. In the movie, Grievous' glass torso is clear.

The cape looks great on it, I did it earlier when I had him posed like this. It will look better with water treatment no doubt.

No idea about the chest, strange choice.

Well, you know Rory's taking some crazy *** pictures right now to blow us away.

:exactly:

Fantastic pics Para and Rory. :clap

It is so good to hear that he looks wonderful as I always had the thought in the back of my head that he just looked like a very expensive toy and justifying paying the price for him was always a worry but hearing from Wor-Gor, Para and Rory has been really reassuring. :yess:

Thanks Sidious, glad you like the pics.

No doubts at all about this piece, sure it's not perfect but no release is. You're going to love it!

Noob question: what steps do you take for this water treatment technique? Never tried it.

Just means getting the item in question wet. Generally a spray bottle is preferred. Just spritz the -- let's say cape -- getting it wet enough to be heavy and hang nicely. You can shape it when wet also. Then let dry over night. It will hold its shaped pose very well and look much more realistic. Water does not hurt anything, but do not soak around metal parts (screws, etc).

Back