1/6th Governor Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for all the smashing comments guys, I want to have a go at a few more some time, really want to practice this head painting stuff, I really enjoy it.

Another quick pair of shots of my Tarkin(this time the actual figure)...
DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

These pix were actually shot for my Bossk custom thread, to illustrate some of the work I've done so far;the Buck on the left is going to be Bossk, and has had his torso shortened by about 1/8". Tarkin will also have a bit of surgery, to bring him closer to Peter Cushing's 5'11" and fix his proportions(the dreaded Sideshow monkey arms syndrome). The grey area on the head is a patch of Magic-Sculpt, as I save a bad casting. It had a rather large air bubble, but as it was on the hair it was no problem to fix.The red spot is a filled pin-hole(no, I don't have a pressure pot)...PS

I wasnt really sure where to post this, I didnt want to start another Tarkin thread. Since I got this head from Mark, I figured I would post some pics here.

Just got done painting my Tarkin up. I was able to score an extra Piett outfit from Toy Anxiety last week so off I went. Thanks again Mark for casting this head up for me.

tarkin2.jpg

tarkin3.jpg

tarkin1.jpg

tarkin4.jpg

Sorry for the bright pics, I didnt realize there was that much light. I will take some more later.

Chris

Great paint work Chris. He looks fantastic.

If you have already stated this previously I'm sorry but is that the SS Piett uniform?

Once again, great job.

Thanks. Yes it is the Piett outfit. I got lucky and was able to pick one up from Toy Anxiety. Imperial officer gear and outfits are really difficult to find these days.

Thanks. Yes it is the Piett outfit. I got lucky and was able to pick one up from Toy Anxiety. Imperial officer gear and outfits are really difficult to find these days.

They just had a few sets on TA a couple weeks ago and although I'm not in need of one yet I almost bought a set.

Probably should have since when I do actually need one they will be impossible to find. I already have a bunch of stuff that I don't need yet and I have to draw the line somewhere or she'll kill me.:stake

If I can get what i am catching up on done, Imperial uniforms are definitely something I have planned to make, I already have material for a few versions. That will also probably be one of my first experiments in casting, doing the rank badges and pocket doodads, along with belt buckles for Jedi belts. So by the time they vanish everywhere else mabee I will have them started. :)

Back