1/6 Yavin Ceremony Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that my most popular project with the Freaks so far was the Death Star Swing dio. As I mentioned in another thread, the figures are getting pounded out at an awesome rate and the quality has been top notch. The dios have been kind of skimpy. So this weekend I'm starting a similar project to the DSS one, but a tad bigger!

It's not really to movie scale. I'm making it a bit over 3' to fit on a dresser, so length-wise, I'm scootching stuff up, but it shouldn't be that drastic. Here's my first pics of the day.

3-6004.jpg

3-6005.jpg

3-6006.jpg

As you can see, my dio medium of choice, foam board, has been replace by plywood to make it sturdier. My "stone" will be too heavy for the foam, but I'll make the door out of foam board just so I can use it. More later!

D.I.

Re: 1/6 Yavin Ceremony (Entry)

Can't wait to see it. I'm sure you won't have a hard time out doing mine. :lol

watermark.php

Hey Prog, don't sell yourself short. That's pretty cool and I love the steps. But the front end is for another time. Now I'm just working on where the fellas come in.

Here's a progress pic and my Honor Guards to get a sense of scale.

3-6.jpg

Going together smooth so far....

Last 2 pics for the night. Front is done, now I gotta work on the closed door. Thanks for looking.

3-6007.jpg

3-6008.jpg

Very cool Jeff, hey are you covering the walls with countertop samples tha you can get at Lowes or Home Depot? If so, thats a brilliant idea.

Very cool Jeff, hey are you covering the walls with countertop samples tha you can get at Lowes or Home Depot? If so, thats a brilliant idea.
I didn't even think about countertop samples...I thought it may have been those self sticking linoleum tiles:huh regardless,whatever was used did the trick & looks good

...just goes to show you how the hardware store is a goldmine for customs

Love it!

I need a bigger house, more money, no job, child minder (preferably Swedish Au Pair :naughty) then I could fill all my waking hours doing fun stuff like this.

Instead, it's quarter to eleven at night and I'm teaching myself to animate drop down menus in Flash CS4 so I can Bull____e a client tomorrow that I know what I'm doing on his website LOL!

I'll get found out one day...

Love it!

I need a bigger house, more money, no job, child minder (preferably Swedish Au Pair :naughty) then I could fill all my waking hours doing fun stuff like this.

Instead, it's quarter to eleven at night and I'm teaching myself to animate drop down menus in Flash CS4 so I can Bull____e a client tomorrow that I know what I'm doing on his website LOL!

I'll get found out one day...

Hmmm... that's odd, I'm having a meeting with a guy tomorrow who's gonna design a website for me... hmmm....

:lol jk

good luck DG!

Darth_Impoor, great looking dio as always... I have an idea for my first dio, now that I've seen you prove that similar things are possible... :D

Thanks for all the comments guys. Heck , I gotta do something to compete with all the great figures being worked on around here. Anyway, they are indeed Home Depot floor tiles (good eye enaud). Not quite free samples, but clearanced at $.73 a piece. Not bad at all. I kind of blew my allowance buying a case since I know this style will be gone soon enough. I have to wait till payday to get my "vines". I think this will be right up there with the Death Star one when finished. Granted it only captures a quick moment, but it is really easy to make and displays 5 figures. I'm saving the heroes entering shot till the end. Have to leave you all looking forward to something.:D

Tonight the back wall is done. Not alot of progress. I had a minor set back as I had to actually glue all the self-seal tiles on the front wall. It seems the adhesive doesn't work really well in a 50-some odd degree basement. Oh, well. Back on track now. 1st pic w/ flash, 2nd pic w/o. Enjoy!

3-15001.jpg

3-15002.jpg

wow, loving that look so far. looks like real pieces of granite.

I love it, Jeff. Your ingenuity is astounding. Be assured that I will be stealing that idea shortly :D

Hi guys
2 more update pics tonight. Got some foliage attached.

3-15003.jpg

3-15004.jpg

Hope you likey. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas to improve it, my ears are open. Many sets of eyes are better than two. Hopefully I'll be wrapping it up early next week.

Back