1/6 War Story - Immortal Hero (Mcfarlane Spawn) - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So say Todd's people put the stop to this before it gets made... do I lose my NRD at OneSixthKit or is that something they would refund it for?
As for size, I have all different size Spawn's in my collection so it doesn't bother me. I look at it more like I'm getting an 18" Spawn for my $.

So say Todd's people put the stop to this before it gets made... do I lose my NRD at OneSixthKit or is that something they would refund it for?
As for size, I have all different size Spawn's in my collection so it doesn't bother me. I look at it more like I'm getting an 18" Spawn for my $.
--

AFAIK, you'll receive a refund or (if you want to) put the deposit towards another pre-order or in stock item.

Never heard or read of anyone getting screwed over by OSK asides from bitter petty individuals upset they cannot get their NRD back they decided to cancel their pre-order thus forfeiting the deposit and a few shills making blatant/false claims without any proof.

More often, there are instances of scamming buyers trying to fraud the vendor.

If you feel comfortable/confident, then order it from OSK.

You don't feel comfortable and/or feel better based on grandiose exasperations of supposed praise from elsewhere, then go elsewhere.

It's all on you. You decide.

I've been buying from OSK since 2010 on eBay and through the site. I had one instance where the wrong item was sent to me and OSK promptly fixed it without any issues.

So, yeah. My reply is biased, but I'm not going give you bull. I'm a collector too and give a damn about my hard earned $ towards 1:6 figures like everyone else whether it's an oversized Spawn figure or something else.

You have doubts? Then ask your questions to the vendor himself. Exercise your due diligence and decide for yourself. All collectors need to that, but many don't.

Whether he was this gigantic a few times or not, it makes zero sense for this to be the chosen size of a first offering. A little large is one thing, this is absurd and won't look correct. This reminds me of that gigantic Kingpin that came out recently, same story, just too big for display.

8 ft 11in. Tallest guy ever. Approximately the ratio we have here though that doesn’t bother me
E324F5FB-022B-48B7-BC06-C6CA943DE6EF.jpeg

The shipping from KGH (at least to the States) is a killer; at least Kit includes shipping in the price.
--

For transparency, their check out system (as of this post) shows EMS/Hong Kong Post as being $0.00, but that is not necessarily accurate.

Based on postings from other collectors, KGH and a few other vendors have not necessarily been fully transparent on precise shipping ranging from inaccurate tracking statuses and inflated shipping (even beyond already increased and increasing shipping costs) where questionable explanations are provided stating there are shipping restrictions depending on the method and an "expedited" shipping method must be used ranging from $50.00 and up depending on the size and weight of the item.

So, yeah.

$100.00 cheaper may mean it's cheaper, but it doesn't necessarily factor in shipping.

A few vendors had to adjust their pricing on the pre-order for the Darkseid figure because the price they quote didn't factor in proper shipping due to its immense size and weight. Depending on who you ask, the vendors affected by this refused to honor the misquoted price and those who either paid in full or paid a NRD had to agree to the price increase if they still wanted it or they were out of luck. The vendors who did not solicit the proper price received a lot of pre-orders due to being hyped/promoted as having the cheapest price for Darkseid. Look where it got them in the end. The vendors who factored in proper shipping were not affected.

So go ahead and save $ under the assumption it includes shipping. Just ask questions about "guarantee" of delivery, refund of NRD if the item gets cancelled beyond the PayPal claim limit, etc. that all reasonable and valid questions to ask and see what type of response is received from them.

The "cheap" mindset of collectors as a whole across the 1:6 hobby is getting more and more blatant and problematic because of the fact prices are increasing across the board INCLUDING shipping that is directly impacting collectors.

Last edited:
--

For transparency, their check out system (as of this post) shows EMS/Hong Kong Post as being $0.00, but that is not necessarily accurate.

Based on postings from other collectors, KGH and a few other vendors have not necessarily been fully transparent on precise shipping ranging from inaccurate tracking statuses and inflated shipping (even beyond already increased and increasing shipping costs) where questionable explanations are provided stating there are shipping restrictions depending on the method and an "expedited" shipping method must be used ranging from $50.00 and up depending on the size and weight of the item.

So, yeah.

$100.00 cheaper may mean it's cheaper, but it doesn't necessarily factor in shipping.

A few vendors had to adjust their pricing on the pre-order for the Darkseid figure because the price they quote didn't factor in proper shipping due to its immense size and weight. Depending on who you ask, the vendors affected by this refused to honor the misquoted price and those who either paid in full or paid a NRD had to agree to the price increase if they still wanted it or they were out of luck. The vendors who did not solicit the proper price received a lot of pre-orders due to being hyped/promoted as having the cheapest price for Darkseid. Look where it got them in the end. The vendors who factored in proper shipping were not affected.

So go ahead and save $ under the assumption it includes shipping. Just ask questions about "guarantee" of delivery, refund of NRD if the item gets cancelled beyond the PayPal claim limit, etc. that all reasonable and valid questions to ask and see what type of response is received from them.

The "cheap" mindset of collectors as a whole across the 1:6 hobby is getting more and more blatant and problematic because of the fact prices are increasing across the board INCLUDING shipping that is directly impacting collectors.

Yeah I preordered a figure from KGHobby that was around the same price as the other free shipping sites and then was hit with a $20-25 charge when it came into stock. I swear it said free shipping at some point.

Just saw on Reddit that some one on Facebook notified Todd McFarlane about this and some sites removed the figure. No link was provided. Third party unlicensed figures are tricky,especially when a lot of money is involved with the license. I just looked and all the images are off OSO.

Just saw on Reddit that some one on Facebook notified Todd McFarlane about this and some sites removed the figure. No link was provided. Third party unlicensed figures are tricky,especially when a lot of money is involved with the license. I just looked and all the images are off OSO.

Does OSO have free shipping as well?

Well, that was wishful thinking and got taken down pretty fast. Todd's way too passionate about his IP to ever let anyone else make money off his baby without his collaboration and consent. Ashley Wood and Todd McFarlane were "toying" with the idea of a 1/6 Spawn from what I read a few years back. Obviously never happened, plus it would of probably been more stylized as Wood's take on the character. Who knows... guess only Medicom got to make 1/6 Spawn. Maybe all well ever see.

Well ****. That was short lived didn't preorder yet but guess it ain't happening now. Lol

Back