1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the VTS body compare to BV your common TT v4 "narrow" shoulder knock off body?

TT Narrow is really outdated, the arm & leg are not sculpted, articulation wise it's still one of the best. but for a Neck + Head sculpt it's the only decent choice.

VTS body is also not sculpted but have bigger arms. articulation wise TT is still better and poses more natural.

or is there a low neck body that has sculpted arms, or EB style ball arm joints?

TT Narrow is really outdated, the arm & leg are not sculpted, articulation wise it's still one of the best. but for a Neck + Head sculpt it's the only decent choice.

VTS body is also not sculpted but have bigger arms. articulation wise TT is still better and poses more natural.

or is there a low neck body that has sculpted arms, or EB style ball arm joints?
See I'm not so worried about the sculpting - sleeves will mostly cover it. I'm more interested to see if the TT 'narrow' (because that thing is anything but narrow) has broad enough shoulders that I wont need to buy a new body. As far as muscle bodies go, if you want to use a necked sculpt on a body with a neck, just cut the neck of the body off. It's just an overlay - the post on the inside should accept a necked head just fine.

What do you guys think of pastel chalk as an option to add for weathering I'm good at the acrylic dry brush but heard pastel works well. I bought a weathering kit so that should be here soon.

not sure about chalk, don't think chalk come off well, even on black boards they seem "Low Resolution". will need alot of friction to get the powder off unless you smash them into dust, but then again they probably won't stick well as they aren't fine enough in dust form.

tamiya weathering powder should do good they are cheap you can get from 1999.co.jp. there's a few set to choose from.

also i just realized for wooden stocks that have wooden pattern but looks plain, using Gundam Brown markers to write along the pattern and wipe them off with the finger will result in pretty good wood pattern as the ink stays within the patterns also you get some "Shading" effects.

See I'm not so worried about the sculpting - sleeves will mostly cover it. I'm more interested to see if the TT 'narrow' (because that thing is anything but narrow) has broad enough shoulders that I wont need to buy a new body. As far as muscle bodies go, if you want to use a necked sculpt on a body with a neck, just cut the neck of the body off. It's just an overlay - the post on the inside should accept a necked head just fine.

depends what type of outfit you plan, coz cutting the neck off the body requires precision. and won't match as good as a low neck body.

Jacket and shirt didn't sit right on the body. He looked bulky and awkward.

The AF jacket was also a little baggy on the VTS body, so I changed things back.

any chance the ZC Arm can be transplanted onto VTS or a TT Narrow shoulder body?

also i see the only difference of the Muscle Body vs Normal is the Torso & arms, so if you say the VTS outfit is too small does it mean even the pants will be too tight on the TT? i'm sure VTS bottom is plumper than TT.

Just a quick photo. I haven't really done much to him yet, only changed the bracelet and the shotgun. I do like him.
f007b1a5140717a7f975db5e70a8271a.jpg
f8a7ccb7fe21369cb914a0c466150e28.jpg

That bearded Max looks quite nice. Did you make the sculpt yourself or was it made by a third party?

Actually potato I did buy a Tamiya weathering kit. I'm thinking of getting sealer so the acrylic or pastel can stay on the outfit.

Actually potato I did buy a Tamiya weathering kit. I'm thinking of getting sealer so the acrylic or pastel can stay on the outfit.

remember with a sealer you change the finishing of the pleather. also it will dry up the pleather faster. maybe a very thin coat is sufficient.

and remember, if acrylic paint can't stay on the pleather, so won't a top coat.

don't think factory weathered pleather used top coats the paint don't come really off. but you can feel the stickyness & smell out of the box.

we call it 3A scent.

Yeah no a light coat was what I was going for. Just enough to stay weathered. I actually already sealed my custom boots for max with a light coat used a bit of water to soften it so it's not to leave a heavy smell or damage the pleather.

any chance the ZC Arm can be transplanted onto VTS or a TT Narrow shoulder body?

also i see the only difference of the Muscle Body vs Normal is the Torso & arms, so if you say the VTS outfit is too small does it mean even the pants will be too tight on the TT? i'm sure VTS bottom is plumper than TT.

Didn't try pulling the arms off.

The ZC was bulky in the torso, the legs are normal size.

However, I think it's the VTS that has a padded, spongy butt.

Didn't try pulling the arms off.

The ZC was bulky in the torso, the legs are normal size.

However, I think it's the VTS that has a padded, spongy butt.

so your problem with VTS on ZC is just the jacket?

That bearded Max looks quite nice. Did you make the sculpt yourself or was it made by a third party?

Thanks! I made him myself. Quite liked how he looked in the beginning of the movie and as I knew I would get another Max I decided on this version. The clothing is mostly the AF and some custom parts.
842aaf5c14798014e1460347ded2dd65.jpg

so your problem with VTS on ZC is just the jacket?

I didn't like the way the jacket fitted or the way the vest hung.

The extra thigh muscle pieces also made the trousers too tight. The VTS body comes with foam glued to the inner thighs which works better.

I didn't like the way the jacket fitted or the way the vest hung.

The extra thigh muscle pieces also made the trousers too tight. The VTS body comes with foam glued to the inner thighs which works better.

I think the VTS body seems to fit the clothes well as is. Is it because of the arm or the articulation that you guys want to change it?

I think the VTS body seems to fit the clothes well as is. Is it because of the arm or the articulation that you guys want to change it?

I originally wanted to change one of them to use a neckless head for variety, then have the AF clothes with a VTS head.

But, as you wrote, the VTS is tailored for their body.

i plan to put a short sleeve shirt so the arm need to look good.

I originally wanted to change one of them to use a neckless head for variety, then have the AF clothes with a VTS head.

But, as you wrote, the VTS is tailored for their body.

Couldn't you just use a neck extender for the neck-less head and then keep the VTS body?

Thanks! I made him myself. Quite liked how he looked in the beginning of the movie and as I knew I would get another Max I decided on this version. The clothing is mostly the AF and some custom parts.
842aaf5c14798014e1460347ded2dd65.jpg

That's awesome.
Looks like video game Max as well, which I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back