1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that. What's the recipe? :)

Just this :) sticks well.
ad6e448817c1424a0ed0d1063ca7abb0.jpg

So you're just brushing on the real thing and it stays there?

I've used chalk on jeans to give them a worn look and it embeds itself on the fabric.

So you're just brushing on the real thing and it stays there?

I've used chalk on jeans to give them a worn look and it embeds itself on the fabric.

Yes, it seems to stay there. This powder is very fine. When I display him I'm not gonna touch him too much, so I don't think there's any reason to fixate it. Also it doesn't matter if it rubs off here and there - it's there to resemble sand and dust anyways.

Doing some weathering. Starting to look great!
f6058cbac2142e3343057ae34eef0581.jpg

80e7e1352d4ef457518ad5032988f234.jpg
Looks terrific!

Well done. Looking much better with that weathering than AF attempt
I was thinking this might be the case once someone tried to really weather the jacket well, since the VTS clothing seems to be higher quality than Art Figures.

Looks fantastic slikkerias! I'll be trying the same with mine. Have the AF shirt, Mr. E's boots on the way and a HT Bane body ready to try out.

Sadly, it was so long since I ordered it that I've moved twice and it got sent to the wrong address. On it's way back to OSK now (I hope) and then back to me to receive the business.

Weathering looks excellent! Finally looking like the movie Max.

Still hoping someone will attempt the flip on the leg brace and try to make it fit.

Looks fantastic slikkerias! I'll be trying the same with mine. Have the AF shirt, Mr. E's boots on the way and a HT Bane body ready to try out.

Sadly, it was so long since I ordered it that I've moved twice and it got sent to the wrong address. On it's way back to OSK now (I hope) and then back to me to receive the business.

I'm considering getting the boot straps from mr E as I already have 'real' leather boots for my 'intro max'.
I'm not too sure you are going to be happy about the AF shirt though - it's a bit too slim. I'm considering changing mine to a custom like my other Max is wearing but the VTS shirt is actually quite accurate. So not sure if I'll bother. I also have no problems with the body.
But I think this is the way to go with the weathering. Takes the shine completely off. No water or acrylics - to avoid damage to the pleather.
You can compare the two versions of the leather jacket on the attached photo. I like both.
With a few small mods - like flipping the leg brace - this figure will be great!
abc11987045065bb75c6e8dca047adf9.jpg

By the way if anyone still wants the AF jacket and pants Quick Toys have them cheap
https://www.quick-toy.com/figurines-mad-max-fury-road-src-0-417-0-0-0-0-2

Last edited:
Yours looks great, Slik! Now how do we go about getting a FURIOSA and IMMORTAN JOE...?

I really wish I could use the VTS leathers for a Road Warrior Max. Too bad about all the stitching.

Yes, that's a very good question. A bit worrying we haven't seen any of them yet. Should be a no brainer.

Sadly it may take several years, if at all.

Furiosa is easier than Joe, so she might happen. But I really want a Joe and all the customs I've seen over the last two years isn't helping me any. I think Joe is far too complicated to get any company to offer a faux one like Max.

That weathering looks awesome and is shaping up to be the most accurate version yet. Well done, sir! Any plans to weather up the shirt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was trying to get the pants and another jacket on there. But won't let me sign up with the site.

That weathering looks awesome and is shaping up to be the most accurate version yet. Well done, sir! Any plans to weather up the shirt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes, I have a custom shirt I already made for him and there're a bunch of other things I wanna do, but the big issue is time ;-)
I also wanna correct the vest of my 'intro Max' but that takes time too...
e97f02cc4c35d77c3987732c7e2c1537.jpg

I'm considering getting the boot straps from mr E as I already have 'real' leather boots for my 'intro max'.
I'm not too sure you are going to be happy about the AF shirt though - it's a bit too slim. I'm considering changing mine to a custom like my other Max is wearing but the VTS shirt is actually quite accurate. So not sure if I'll bother. I also have no problems with the body.
But I think this is the way to go with the weathering. Takes the shine completely off. No water or acrylics - to avoid damage to the pleather.
You can compare the two versions of the leather jacket on the attached photo. I like both.
With a few small mods - like flipping the leg brace - this figure will be great!
abc11987045065bb75c6e8dca047adf9.jpg

By the way if anyone still wants the AF jacket and pants Quick Toys have them cheap
https://www.quick-toy.com/figurines-mad-max-fury-road-src-0-417-0-0-0-0-2

Which head did you use for the intro max? Looks really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back