1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic, but these are awesome:

CG38SneWwAA3Ryd.jpg:large

CG7eR36XIAAf_LM.jpg

If only....

Got my shipping notice today from Monkey Depot as well. Will have this and Deadpool here by next week, and my Art Figures Max came right after Thanksgiving. A busy (and poor!) few weeks. Anyway, I'm planning on just keeping the two figures separate as two different Max interpretations--the AF version is surprisingly awesome and I'm quite happy I picked up the whole set instead of just the clothes. Awesome accessories, and even the head was a pleasant surprise in hand compared to what I was expecting. Hope the VTS rocks as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine just shipped from Monkey Depot...I was on the fence about it because I typically only collect figures that are at the Hot Toys quality level and this does not appear to be there....but when it came down to it I am just way too big a fan of the movie not to add this piece to my collection. Anyone else pick this piece up solely out of love for the movie or is anyone out there enjoying the figure based upon it's own merits?

Don't let all the modding on this thread fool you. This is a very nice figure out of the box. I would say it is close to HT quality with the exception of the base body. Don't get me wrong, aside from the lack of detail on the arm, there's nothing wrong with the base body, it's just not as good as a real True Type.

Don't let all the modding on this thread fool you. This is a very nice figure out of the box. I would say it is close to HT quality with the exception of the base body. Don't get me wrong, aside from the lack of detail on the arm, there's nothing wrong with the base body, it's just not as good as a real True Type.

That is awesome news! I stand...Encouraged! Thanks for the feedback!

Quantum shipping notice from Timewalker Toys!! Can't wait to weather the heck out of this figure... lots of prime work in this thread

Agreed, I think I have watched this movie at least once a month since the DVD release...

I have loved this movie since it's release and definitely put the blu ray through its paces...the true testament to its greatness was on a recent trip from Orlando to Tokyo where I think I lost count of how many times I watched the movie between the trip there and the trip back...what a work of art!

Finally (almost) finished my Grizzly Max. Only needs a bit more weathering I think. I've been doing an awful lot of research on his outfit and I think I got it very close to screen accurate.
aca6febdd9f21bfa33528dbe028dbc26.jpg

5940c524c7a77d31083884a6c04043d1.jpg

This looks F@*k awesome. You did an amazing, fantastic job. That looks accurate to the opening scene. You can get the spurs with the spikes from Mr.E but other then that this looks awesome. Good job.

That looks dope @slikkerias! Super good work, I didn't realize he was wearing a harness like that. Good eye on those details. Did you reference the Art Book to find some of that out? Man, I hate to sound like a nit-picker, and maybe it's just the camera working tricks, but is there a chance his head sits a wee bit high? Like I said, could just be the camera doing its thing. But regardless, looks great dude. Definitely a custom to be proud of. I've been meaning to splice a two headed lizard together for my shelf, but have yet to find one small enough. That would be a cool touch to this version as well!

someone show me what belt was he wearing in the movie i know it was never shown.

also where you got the hydration pack can't find any good ones on ebay.

and the water flask, he actually had one?

That looks dope @slikkerias! Super good work, I didn't realize he was wearing a harness like that. Good eye on those details. Did you reference the Art Book to find some of that out? Man, I hate to sound like a nit-picker, and maybe it's just the camera working tricks, but is there a chance his head sits a wee bit high? Like I said, could just be the camera doing its thing. But regardless, looks great dude. Definitely a custom to be proud of. I've been meaning to splice a two headed lizard together for my shelf, but have yet to find one small enough. That would be a cool touch to this version as well!

Thanks guys! The head height is the camera. Phone cameras always distort like that. Annoying. I'll try and take another. He actually wore two different harnesses over each other. And a seat belt for the shotgun. I have the book yes, but got most from a few behind the scenes shots.
Edit: really hard to take a photo that doesn't somehow makes the head bigger, but helps with a bit more distance.
9104e29765a5cbf92ee058c0ae0f7f79.jpg

Last edited:
someone show me what belt was he wearing in the movie i know it was never shown.

also where you got the hydration pack can't find any good ones on ebay.

and the water flask, he actually had one?

The leather belt is actually the same as he wears in thunderdome - just brown. You see it fairly clearly if you look for some behind the scenes shots.
He doesn't have a flask. Is it the pouch in the front you mean?
The hydration pouch - or what it is, as it's actually flat and has wires - I made myself from scratch.
3cc2e063dabd0cfa8028979dcd7bbac6.jpg

Last edited:
This looks F@*k awesome. You did an amazing, fantastic job. That looks accurate to the opening scene. You can get the spurs with the spikes from Mr.E but other then that this looks awesome. Good job.

Thanks! Yes, could use the spores for the right boot, but I think I'll try and make them myself. Already spend a fortune on this guy ;-) and the leg brace isn't accurate either, but I still like it better than the flimsy VTS one.

Ah, he doesn't wear a belt in the rest of the movie. Not that you see anyways.

but you guys posted a picture of the belt off screen. i don't like the AF belt because it's damaged due to belt bigger than the buckle there is a stress line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back