1/6 - ThreeZero Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a good play around with white, hes probably the one " if you can only buy 1 " that has the least issues. The only real issue i can find is the same as the others, slightly underscaled head. Id wish saba separated into 2 like the s.h. figuarts to put him in the holster as its a little bit awkward shoving the whole thing in. Lovely figure.

041.jpg

042.jpg

049.jpg

I know, but on this figure you need to force the blade through the holster. As a result the holster is longer and thinner. On the s.h. figuarts they kept the accurate shape holster by splitting the saba in two so you can reconnect it. The saba blade is not meant to actually sheath down the holster, its supposed to have the holster clipped-unclipped around it.

Is the Saba head all silver? That’s not accurate :slap He’s supposed to be white, silver and gold in the face

Is the Saba head all silver? That’s not accurate :slap He’s supposed to be white, silver and gold in the face
It looks like you’re right, and it goes all the way back to the promo images. I saw them all and watched the reviews of White and Drakkon and didn’t pick up on it.

That said, there are multiple versions of Saba used in the show. Some absolutely were bright white. Others were indeed more gray in the head.
hqdefault.jpg

Saba.jpg

None were all silver though.

It looks like you’re right, and it goes all the way back to the promo images. I saw them all and watched the reviews of White and Drakkon and didn’t pick up on it.

That said, there are multiple versions of Saba used in the show. Some absolutely were bright white. Others were indeed more gray in the
None were all silver though.
Yup that’s what I thought..c’mon Threezero..granted I could easily repaint no problem but why should we have to bother even at $100

That’s Hasbro level bad :pfft:

shouldn’t be a chore..I repainted the horrible silver faced saba on the much smaller hasbro figure without an issue..It’s what I do to get it to look accurate IMO

Last edited:
So, i have been doing a bit of investigating regarding the dragon shield "defect's" some people have been getting where they have a couple of silver marks on the shield.

I saw an auction on ebay for a Green and they showed pictures of the shield and mentioned the weathering is intentional on the shield and that they had been in contact with the manufacturer and had this confirmed. So i decided to contact them directly myself. And its legit. The silver markings are all hand painted on.

It doesnt explain why some people ( including myself ) have also received ones with a pure gold shield. But now at least we know these arent defects, it should be easier for people to live with now if they do get ones with marking.

103.jpg
104.jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg

That sounds like a copout to not offer replacements, if it were truly intentional, they should offer a battle damage separate version, or every figure should have it.

I'm thankful mine did not come with it as it seems like people stuck with it aren't having luck getting it resolved, a friend of mine got one with the silver marks and Hasbro told him to take it up with 3Zero.

I knew it was deliberate, even if I disagree with the choice. They did “battle damage” on most of the weapons too, but it’s not so noticeable.

I’m sure if mine has a lot when it arrives, I can clean it. Just afraid of ruining the gold as well.

That sounds like a copout to not offer replacements, if it were truly intentional, they should offer a battle damage separate version, or every figure should have it.

I'm thankful mine did not come with it as it seems like people stuck with it aren't having luck getting it resolved, a friend of mine got one with the silver marks and Hasbro told him to take it up with 3Zero.
I completely agree, it looks more like sloppy paintwork rather than deliberate attempts to recreate battle damage. It doesn't match what they did on the weapons. I would have rather had no battle damage on the weapons and there be separate battle damaged versions of the figures.

I wonder if they will expand past the MMPR line and explore more seasons. I would honestly love a gold Zeo ranger on this scale.

I wonder if they will expand past the MMPR line and explore more seasons. I would honestly love a gold Zeo ranger on this scale.
I know it's a different scale but the Figuarts line had this problem.

They tried releasing different teams SPD/Dekaranger, Dino Charge/Kyoryuger, Super MegaForce/Gokaiger and they did ok, then they did MMPR/Zyuranger and that sold really well.

They did a few surveys to find out which team to do next and there wasn't a clear majority for one team or another. When looked at with the average sales (compared to other series, Kamen Rider, Dragon Ball etc) of the other teams they had already put out, the Sentai/Power Rangers Figuarts were discontinued.

ThreeZero will need a clear idea of what team to do next, especially if they want to continue selling them as teams.

The alternative is to stay with MMPR and look at, say, villains maybe.

Last edited:
They could make putties reallllly easily. I wouldnt be surprised if they did a Zedd, they did Ultraman Belial and he has similar detailing to what a Zedd could be.

We are getting Drakkon and Ranger slayer so at least they have stepped out of the box there and gives some hope. Id love a Zeo Gold, its my favourite suit. Id actually love the Alien rangers ( Kakuranger ) its my favourite team design, but that will never happen... nobody ever makes them despite them being under the Mighty Morphin banner.

Id actually say the next fiugre i expect to see announced if there is anymore would be Drakkon Evo III just because its another Tommy, and it already has merch and Comics around it.

They could make putties reallllly easily. I wouldnt be surprised if they did a Zedd, they did Ultraman Belial and he has similar detailing to what a Zedd could be.

We are getting Drakkon and Ranger slayer so at least they have stepped out of the box there and gives some hope. Id love a Zeo Gold, its my favourite suit. Id actually love the Alien rangers ( Kakuranger ) its my favourite team design, but that will never happen... nobody ever makes them despite them being under the Mighty Morphin banner.

Id actually say the next fiugre i expect to see announced if there is anymore would be Drakkon Evo III just because its another Tommy, and it already has merch and Comics around it.
I think Drakkon Evo III is a good sales pick. He’s a popular villain, a Tommy, and the black outfit is a nice contrast to the white and green we have so far.

Granted, they could do at least three more Tommys - Zeo Red, Turbo Red, and Dino Thunder Black.

There’s enough material to milk MMPR and the BOOM! comics for a very long time though.

Bought another black & green so i could make the oyster stew variants. And also as i was doing it, it came to mind for what Threezero could do to cash in on another figure for cheap. And thats just release the dragon shield black ranger. Should of thought about saying that yesterday.

340.jpg

342.jpg
343.jpg
344.jpg
345.jpg
349.jpg
351.jpg

Back