1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

The head looks freaking gigantic in person it's a nice head though but it's massive
Well it really isn't the body she'll be coming with so I'm sure the head will be in proportion with the body.

Hey I for one am happy they showed us something. Not only does it have potential but it also shows they are moving forward with the license. I seem to remember really long gaps from when Hot Toys announced Back to the Future and Batman Returns and then finally showed prototypes. I hope they knock this one out of the park.

Just pointing out areas for improvement. We are the ones spending our money on these figures after all.

exactly, so sick of people getting offended over product critiques. if you want to sell something to the masses then do a good job, these figures aren't cheap and we are spending our hard earned cash on them.

obviously there's room for improvement and it could just be a prototype, but this is what happens when you showcase a mediocre prototype, you get a mediocre response.

I will say this too. I end up learning a lot through the constructive critiques. Some times my excitement over actually getting a certain figure made makes it easier for me to overlook short comings that would have really bothered me after the initial happiness left.

1/6 Star Ace - Underworld

Here is my view... They are in the business of making and selling high end dolls :) . They have the license so take your time at the drawing Board and do a good job!
For instance even if this is a prototype why show completely inaccurate garment / fabric choice! Why go ahead on creating a costume without having the right body!

Long story short one way or another

1) that body has to be fixed / the gap etc
2) the material choice has to be changed
3) if the new body fist the sculpt better fair but both size and paint app (lips) etc need to be changed

On the good side the base looks stellar - unique and fresh!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

exactly, so sick of people getting offended over product critiques. if you want to sell something to the masses then do a good job, these figures aren't cheap and we are spending our hard earned cash on them.

obviously there's room for improvement and it could just be a prototype, but this is what happens when you showcase a mediocre prototype, you get a mediocre response.

That might be valid if people weren't ignoring facts and citing their own opinions based on faulty assumptions as facts. These figures are made by people that care a lot about the properties and have massive amount of references from the studios - they aren't created in a vacuum.

I will say this too. I end up learning a lot through the constructive critiques. Some times my excitement over actually getting a certain figure made makes it easier for me to overlook short comings that would have really bothered me after the initial happiness left.

It is good to have feedback and you can be assured in this case that it is being listened to. However most of the criticism is for stuff that is being noticed only because this is an early prototype and was already being addressed. it is also frustrating that people are complaining about the same thing over and over again that has been explained = such as head size and suit material.

NYCC2015-Star-Ace-023.jpg

NYCC2015-Star-Ace-024.jpg

Isn't the head only large because it is the prototype and it has to allow for shrinkage during production?

I think it will turn out fine once it comes time to put it up for pre order.

Those are some nice hands though. Way better than HT's default female hands.

It is good to have feedback and you can be assured in this case that it is being listened to. However most of the criticism is for stuff that is being noticed only because this is an early prototype and was already being addressed. it is also frustrating that people are complaining about the same thing over and over again that has been explained = such as head size and suit material.

Although I respect others' opinions, I don't care what other people says... *without* getting informed.

I'm very happy with her current look AND status, and I'm looking forward for more info and photos, as she evolves.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

agreed. i dont think we're looking for a bigger body. Yes, Beckinsale is small but she does have some curves especially with the corset on

She's 5'7". Isn't that about average height for a woman. So, yes, they do need a different body. It looks like they're using an Obitsu as a place holder, since they didn't have enough time to develop one of their own with a small enough chest.

Average height is 5'4 for a woman so Bekinsale is reasonably tall. HT usually make BW too tall and I think that is equivalent to a 5'7" woman, so if Star Ace use a body that size, it would be about the correct scale.
This body is probably just too skinny and HT have always had that issue with the BW body, not making it curvy enough.

She's 5'7". Isn't that about average height for a woman. So, yes, they do need a different body. It looks like they're using an Obitsu as a place holder, since they didn't have enough time to develop one of their own with a small enough chest.

Nope. Average height is 5'3-5'4. :)

The real woman is 5'7" I hope she'll have two head sculpts. one with straight forward look and one angry look with some blue eyes and fangs. other than that I'm getting her.

Back