1/6 Star Ace Toys - The Boys - Butcher & Homelander Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any sign of their Homelander?
You're not gonna see an announcement on their Homelander until mid next year or even later most likely. It was teased for Q2 2022.

They also showed Butchers dog initially but I guess they didn't want to bother including that for the $300 price.

uLCVi1z.png

This looks very, very bad. If Soosoo Toys didn't happen, I would be so pissed right now.

LOL, the hyperbole in here is crazy, people see Star Ace and they're automatically programmed to hate it.

The figure and the sculpt looks good. If the SooSoo didn't exist, people would be pretty hyped on this ... until the price came out.

LOL, the hyperbole in here is crazy, people see Star Ace and they're automatically programmed to hate it.

The figure and the sculpt looks good. If the SooSoo didn't exist, people would be pretty hyped on this ... until the price came out.
It's not hyperbole at all, at least to me. Sculpt doesn't look like Kurl Urban to me. Tailoring and accessories look pretty good otherwise. I honestly just keep seeing more of Anil Kapoor than anyone else. They ****** up on his eyes on the sculpt.

Even without SooSoo's version, why would you be hyped for this knowing how ****** Star Ace's production quality is?

It's gonna look no where near this prototype for the price they're charging, which is in fact $300. :cuckoo: I was all the more ready to pick this up to kitbash together with SooSoo's version to have the ultimate version but not with that price and production quality that they put out.

https://store.starace.com.hk/index....kjRoQ2fNxGnWSm1SwSxdrYMkibamFVfYjAS0VKLhowMgg
o9JUsbn.png
aymEcKB.png

5f7dbdea282c500018c790bb

ButcherBilly.jpg

I don't have any Star Ace figure in my collection and I am not informed on how infamous they are as a Company. I am basing my opinion on what I see. And what I see is a crap looking sculpt. I am repeating myself just to make clear that this my opinion and mine alone, I don't want to change other people's opinions, if you like it, all the better: let's say Soosoo toys didn't make a Butcher figure. If I'd seen this figure today and this was the first ever 1/6 Butcher figure I'd be pissed and I would not pre-order it. I'd place my hope in the sculpt that Kai Studio teased months ago.

Yeah I actually like it. If I didn't already have SooSoo in hand I'd 100% be ordering it. Hoping they get some more out this line. I'd probably get a Starlight and Homelander. Maybe Stormfront

Don't understand all the love for the soosoo toys butcher.... is it the cheap price??? I have the same problems with this figure as i do with the Soosoo figure and think they look equally bad but i think the accessories actually give star ace the edge for me personally.

Don't understand all the love for the soosoo toys butcher.... is it the cheap price??? I have the same problems with this figure as i do with the Soosoo figure and think they look equally bad but i think the accessories actually give star ace the edge for me personally.

What's your beef with the Soosoo Toys Butcher?

2_IMG_2942 2.jpg
1_IMG_2937 2.jpg

Price + Quality + Better sculpt for me. The accessories look a bit better on Star Aces but that's about it.

Wouldn't pay $300 + tax + shipping for SA production version.

235381585_1892093184304074_4233381714360190396_n.jpg

That Homelander sculpt is spot on and a dead ringer but again, hard to get excited for it when their production is gonna ruin it.

Would pay for that prototype sculpt though.

e0Njr7r.png

Their pricing vs quality has gotten waaay out of hand, worse than Sideshow's pricing on their 1/6 figures. Their Batman ninja figures are ridiculously priced as well.

What is that smiling sculpt? :lol

Rest of the figure looks good but not ordering anything from StarAce until production photos of the figures are out. Body is also way too buff and wide.

KMi2v2K.png
the_boys_season_2_THBY_S2_Unit_201_3675RC_rgb.jpg

Et9wKk3.png

Body looks awkward. Stumpy torso and shoulders are too droopy.

Soosoo has the better body but this one has better sculpt.

Looks like they’re using a TBleague/Phicen M34 under that suit. Would make sense if Justin’s Collection is right in that SA used a TBLeague body on their recent Catwoman from Batman Ninja. They should’ve went with the M33 if they were going to partner with TBLeague/Phicen instead of developing their own body

Back