1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advice guys please, how do you fasten the elastic to the inside of the shoulder paldrans? Still debating what the answer is...is glue strong enough??

Last edited:
i just cut a slit in the resin, and shoved the elastic in with a sculpting blade and plenty of super glue, seems to be holding just fine. I would love to see some pics of your marine

Hey man sorry I really thought I had replied... Nearly finished your armour just waiting to get some funds to order the resin to do the back pack :)
Can't wait to see your next updates

No prob Dorgs, ill send you some paypal to speed things up. But really man you can take your time, i dont want to mess with your mojo(your jedi powers are far greater than mine). :lol take your time mate, and yes ive finished the luna wolf, pics soon, cant wait to start the second.Thank you so much man, you rock, and seriously, take your time, i was just checking up on it, really eager to make some more:panic:

i just cut a slit in the resin, and shoved the elastic in with a sculpting blade and plenty of super glue, seems to be holding just fine. I would love to see some pics of your marine

Cheers LR! Good idea. Going to try that. The project has ground to a halt as I play Skyrim haha... Oh dear :(

Ahhh my coworker is addicted to that game. Ive never been into video games(to much mucking around with dollies). And yeah just shove that elastic into a channel that you slit and it stays real good.

229a74fb.jpg

The Guardian is approaching!!

Got around to finishing the Grey Knight . As I was building it for someone else , had to make the decision that it was "complete" , otherwise I'd be tinkering with it for months ! If it had been for myself , I'd have gone to town with the detailing , but I wanted it to look like a "scaled up " gaming miniature , rather than a super detailed figure . ( Does that make sense ?)
DSC04123.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

holy crap Thundergod, your grey knight is awsome!!! i have a large grey knights army for warhammert 40000 and ill tell you , you absolutly do the subject justice, it is very near and dear to my heart and your work is awsome!!!

and dorgs, did the guy at the post look like tim currry from rocky horror picture show because youre package did the TIME WARP. I got it yesterday and everything looks great! tttttthank you so much :clap:clap:clap

back to the work bench, yet another pre heresy marine to do

holy crap Thundergod, your grey knight is awsome!!! i have a large grey knights army for warhammert 40000 and ill tell you , you absolutly do the subject justice, it is very near and dear to my heart and your work is awsome!!!

and dorgs, did the guy at the post look like tim currry from rocky horror picture show because youre package did the TIME WARP. I got it yesterday and everything looks great! tttttthank you so much :clap:clap:clap

back to the work bench, yet another pre heresy marine to do

Cheers LordRagnar , I'm about 70% satisfied with the way the Gray Knight came out . It was done for a work colleague and was done to a schedule , so if it had been for myself (therefore having the usual indefinate time period to work on it !:lol ) I'd have gone to town with the sculpted detail and even added some photo etched stuff from Forge World . I wasted a lot of time adding stuff which ultimately didn't work so it was trial and error . My Blood Angel is still waiting completion and I started that months earlier ! :rotfl

Back