1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised that the Snowtrooper is $150, the way SSC prices have been going, it's definitely overpriced for what it comes with though. The E-Web is a $75 item IMO, $100 if it were metal. But I think they both look good though.

After a long wait and high hope for this figure. I am so disapointed on the sculpted face veil. I mean who came up with that idea instead of vnyl? That person should get fired!

There's a limit of one, but if I wanted the cannon, I'd want like three. And Darth Vader.

I actually didn't mind that the maks is sculpted. No chance of it cracking over time which is quite possible with leather-like material. That is what exactly happened to my Hasbro figures.

For the Snowtrooper fans, you might enjoy this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DuPhaUhGrc[/ame]

After a long wait and high hope for this figure. I am so disapointed on the sculpted face veil. I mean who came up with that idea instead of vnyl? That person should get fired!

The guy that was smart enough to know that vinyl doesn't last very long...he is not likely to get fired.

Hmm, someone at RS mentioned that Sideshow contracted out the sculpt to another company (just checked the product page and Masterpiece Models is listed as responsible for the sculpt). I would imagine that could explain part of why the E-Web is so expensive. Also, it would indicate to me that it's a pretty complicated sculpt if Sideshow felt that they couldn't handle it in-house. Ideally they'll just explain everything on their FB page presuming they get a few questions about it.

Just saw this on SSC's site. The big gun is $150 by itself??? Insanity.

Its definitely cooler than the Jabba arch which was $140.

From SSC's perspective, it's an extremely complex item, with a ton of parts, and a ton of greeblies to get right (they also used an outside model shop to do it) but from the buyer's perspective, it's just a large weapon to go with an already very expensive (compared to other armored imperials SSC figures) figure.

Bottom line is I think SSC should have had this item come with a 18" by 18" snow floor base with some floor ramps and hoses/pipes sculpted in and called it an environment. That base would have really cost them nothing but would have given this piece "weight" and associated it with environments, not accessories.

Last edited:
feels that the snow goggles cut-out are a bit smaller in proportion and the face guard could have been made from fabric instead ....

hopefully SS will make some improvement on those area as it's stated ' final product pending' .....but still gonna order it n mod it if it's not to my liking

Last edited:
Its definitely cooler than the Jabba arch which was $140.

From SSC's perspective, it's an extremely complex item, with a ton of parts, and a ton of greeblies to get right (they also used an outside model shop to do it) but from the buyer's perspective, it's just a large weapon to go with an already very expensive (compared to other armored imperials SSC figures) figure.

Bottom line is I think SSC should have had this item come with a 18" by 18" snow floor base with some floor ramps and hoses/pipes sculpted in and called it an environment. That base would have really cost them nothing but would have given this piece "weight" and associated it with environments, not accessories.
Well said, squeakquels.

Back