1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be the point of this being made in metal... the paint would flake off easily and it would weigh a ton. This will be plastic, mark my words :lecture

And if it wasn't, it should have been.

Posted a question on the E-Web material in SS's thread. Hopefully he can answer publicly. Otherwise we may have to wait for clarification from SSC.

Posted a question on the E-Web material in SS's thread. Hopefully he can answer publicly. Otherwise we may have to wait for clarification from SSC.

Thanks, I do hope they explain the high cost?

What would be the point of this being made in metal... the paint would flake off easily and it would weigh a ton. This will be plastic, mark my words :lecture

I guess just since Metal is cool

Why would it flake? Doesn't SSC use the right primer or something?
I haven't purchased any metal pieces from SSC, so that's why I'm asking.

Seems hard for paint to adhere well to metal... more so than polystone, resin or plastic. And with Sideshow's track record of flaking paint I'd be very worried if this was the case.

And honestly a metal cannon just makes no sense since you'd never know unless you picked it up. So far every environment or accessory has been polystone or plastic; I can't imagine they'd change for this one.

Seems hard for paint to adhere well to metal... more so than polystone, resin or plastic. And with Sideshow's track record of flaking paint I'd be very worried if this was the case.

And honestly a metal cannon just makes no sense since you'd never know unless you picked it up. So far every environment or accessory has been polystone or plastic; I can't imagine they'd change for this one.

Flaking...that stinks. They must not be using the right primer I guess.

I just wouldn't want a plastic gun, as my son is sure to pick this thing up and play with it. Metal, although with a potential to flake, would be 10x more durable, imo.

I think justification of the $150 price tag comes into play... It seems like you get your money's worth if it's metal... at least I assume. :dunno

I guess so if you like heavy things :huh I just don't think die-cast metal is really that desirable of a material.

As long as it looks good it doesn't really matter... Still, I'm out on the cannon unless I can score it for a much lower price.

I bet it'll be on the giftcard list by this time next spring. Since snowy isn't supposed to ship til January I can wait. Maybe use a card from this year's Spook.

Where does the 501st buy their dead on looking costumes? I mean, some look exactly like out of the movie

They make their own. Here is my own 1:1 MonCal Snowtrooper helmet - an older pic:

collectiondisplay56.jpg

I guess so if you like heavy things :huh I just don't think die-cast metal is really that desirable of a material.

Part of it is sentiment, too, as I had a couple of small die-cast Civil War cannons I got as a kid when we went on vacation through the colonial states.

If it's metal, it could be powdercoated? :dunno...
I really want to get the E-Web... but I'm having a hard time "pulling the trigger" on it... ;)
I hope it ends up as a giftcard item like the Emperor's Throne and Cantina ... :monkey3

It's funny, I never really noticed how dirty and bulky the Snowtroopers were until I saw customs here on these boards and saw them compared to screenshots. I always remembered them as being white and pristine like the regular stormtroopers. That might have to do with the original Kenner figures though.

Anyway, something looks a bit off about the whole figure. The weathering and costume look good and accurate overall, but besides that terrible face shield (and maybe the eyes), something doesn't seem quite right. It might be the way the face shield sits on his shoulders and creates a weird silhouette.

I'll hold off on this guy and wait for the Snowtrooper Commander. I just like how nice and crisp and clean that one is.
veers3.jpg

And damn, that E-Web cannon at $150?!? I think Sideshow crossed the line. I mean, just look at the weather vane that comes with HT Luke. It's just an accessory, it's huge and it lights up! And parted out, TA is pricing it at $25! Even if it was double the amount of work into designing and assembling the cannon vs the weather vane, it still would only be $50. Okay, add more raw materials and maybe you're up to $100. But $150 is crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah, agreed it feels overpriced but I would bet there's a reason for it. Sideshow's prices in general seem to be pretty consistent and come in around what we expect. Would sure like to get more details about why the cannon is priced like it is. Hopefully Sideshow responds to the FB question.

Cancelled my SS order and went through AE... I also didn't realize that I still had the Tusken Raider EX ordered through SS so I cancelled that too. I had a ton of reward points through AE so I used those for the Tusken bringing the price down to 80 bucks a few months back.

Still have Bossk through SS at this point though... That extra sculpt is calling me. :lol

Back