1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that but have a hard time believing I would notice a detail like that at regular viewing distances and given that I'd have them in different stances and with other stuff in the display (like E-Web or Vader). Definitely would not be opposed to a sturdy and appropriate fabric being used, either, though.

I'm sure Sideshow tried the "cloth" mask at this scale many times. Perhaps its a problem with the vinyl at this scale -- too thick, can't get crinkly enough to work. And cloth would just be wrong. There's got to be some reason they went with sculpted. Makes no sense.

I'm just getting one, so I can live with the sculpted worst case. But I will try to source a good substitute.

1/6th Snowtrooper

Finally I was able to get back on the site! and ordered my snowtrooper. I don't know about the heavy blaster, $150.00 can by me another snowman!

Yeah, that's a good point. Not the most appropriate example, given the scale, but I hate how Hasbro went with fabric on the new Imperial Guards or adding fabric to Tarkin's outfit. Just looks super incongruous and stupid. Maybe SSC ran into the same issues with Snowie. Either way, I'm just glad he's out and can live with a few issues for a character like this.

I think $150.00 is not that bad for the E-Web given the size and detail. The Cantina table/chairs was $90.00 and lights notwithstanding is a comparatively very basic mold with no moving parts (also easily reworked as a second set for Hammerhead to spread the cost). There must have been a fair bit of R&D on this and they'll never get a second use out of it.

Think a lot of people here are still stuck on the prices of a couple years ago before the detail went up substantially in all of these pieces. I'm no Sideshow fanboy but to attribute $135.00 of the E-Web's price to SSC just wanting to milk OT fanboys is a little naive.

No... just no.

C'mon, TDA, you can do better than a cheap response like that. What do you think is a fair price and what is your opinion based on? If you wouldn't be interested in a piece like this, why do you care? As another example, Jabba's throne was $200.00 for a relatively simple slab of polystone. What seems so unreasonable about this?

Man o man!!! Snowtrooper is absolutely amazing!! It's my favorite trooper of all time!! :rock!!!
Ordered the Exclusive! I'll order a second non-ex from AE... same with the E-web, which looks amazing, despite the crazy price...

I'm gonna display them like this:

Imperial_Snowtroopers.jpg

:panic:

BTW, people bashing this are way crazy!! :cuckoo:
This is THE best trooper ever!!!
Thank you Sideshow!!!

Last edited:
They are cool but I have never been a huge fan of the costume. So pass for me.

Man o man!!! Snowtrooper is absolutely amazing!! It's my favorite trooper of all time!! :rock!!!
Ordered the Exclusive! I'll order a second non-ex from AE... same with the E-web, which looks amazing, despite the crazy price...

I'm gonna display them like this:

Imperial_Snowtroopers.jpg

:panic:

BTW, people bashing this way are crazy!! :cukoo:
This is THE best trooper ever!!!
Thank you Sideshow!!!

Not bashing. I ordered 2. With the exception of the Cheap-looking veil, he is really really good.
cutting it off sand replacing it with a soft vinyl is my plan at the moment. that may change later, however.

I think the head position is too high. That's why it makes the figure looks a little off. Looks like he has a very long neck. just look at the body poportion. By far the Kotobukiya's snowtrooper is the best to date imo.

I think the head position is too high. That's why it makes the figure looks a little off. Looks like he has a very long neck. just look at the body poportion. By far the Kotobukiya's snowtrooper is the best to date imo.

which is another problem caused by the sculpted veil.

Snowtrooper looks good to me. Ordered the Exclusive from Sideshow and will also be ordering a Regular from my local retailer.

As for the E-web, I will wait before deciding on it. Too much good stuff at the moment for me to handle. :)

Trooper looks very cool, ill get him eventually but at 150$ for the cannon, not goign to happen.

When I think of what I can do with 150$, i cnat justify on a SW gun

wow!!you know Star Wars is still strong when there are more people in this section than the Marvel one :)

Love the Snowie...would love to get 3 of them....wait and see how finances are later this yr.
The E web looks highly detailed.I would have been happier at $75 for that.I can buy 2 clones almost at the current price.

The more I look at the sculpted face scarf the more it looks wrong.

I hate to say it, but I'm likely replacing it with some thin white vinyl or something closer to the source.

Again, I shouldn't have to for $150... but what the hell. Maybe SS will think again on the sculpted face sheath.

Not defending Sideshow's choice to go "sculpted" on that veil other than to say...here's Hasbro's stab at a fabric piece (see below) and, well, the result speaks for itself. Close to impossible to get subtle enough wrinkles and folds that will look "right" for this scale...so, I get the choice to go for sculpted here. It's too bad that the veil/scarf piece wasn't detachable/interchangable with a couple of others that could have a different wrinkle/crease to them so those who want multiples of this trooper could have a little variety in their display.

I still think the Sideshow one looks pretty good....

Here's that Hasbro one...

Yeah, think I'm coming around to this point of view. I went back and checked the Snowtrooper order page gallery again and honestly, unless I knew going-in that the face masks were the same, there's no way I would've noticed. Also, Sideshow ended-up releasing, what, four Sandtroopers? If it bothers you that much, grab one Snowtrooper and see if they don't release another variant down the road. For me, meh, I couldn't care less. Two Snowtroopers with the same mask and an E-Web and maybe Vader is going to look great.

I respect the fact that it will be your doll to customize as you all see fit...but personally...I think this looks dead on....

Untitled-1-1.jpg

The eyes are way too small. Go to the profiles in history catalog auction 49 on page 353. Hopefully will be corrected in the production version (not counting on it). Even if they are, I still think it is overpriced for what it is and the difficulty making this figure. Heck the eyes are even the wrong shape. The prop is rounded on the bottom and Sideshow has it flat and angled.
bb7131b6.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered the Ex, looks really good.

The Cannon is ridiculously priced, I'd rather buy a second Snowie or a different figure for that sort of coin. Thought we'd get a better deal than that, ah well.

It's too bad that the veil/scarf piece wasn't detachable/interchangable with a couple of others that could have a different wrinkle/crease to them so those who want multiples of this trooper could have a little variety in their display.

Yeah that'd be good to mix things up a bit.

I didnt even realize this guy was up for order. I snagged me an EX. Looks good to me, im excited for this guy.

Back