1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! $150 for a plastic gun...I can afford pretty much anything I want and I'm still laughing at that. In comparison, Kato's Joker clothes at $1000 were a bargain.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the price for the cannon!! Is SS out of their ^&$#ing mind?! $150 for the cannon alone is insane, I understand prices go up but for a $20 piece of plastic? Sorry SS, major fail in my book.

Yeah this really should have been a diorama environment complete with polystone snow base and Echo Base ice cavern.

So you think there's a problem with Sideshow quality? Tell us about it. We'd love to hear.

Yeah this really should have been a diorama environment complete with polystone snow base and Echo Base ice cavern.

Then it would have cost what the dewback cost.

Then it would have cost what the dewback cost.

By comparison, this is what we got with a $130 G.I. Joe environment piece:

review_waypoint_1.jpg

I respect the fact that it will be your doll to customize as you all see fit...but personally...I think this looks dead on....

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Huh, good point i guess. Hey, here is an idea, lets go ahead and make the robes for the jedi out of plastic too, so they always have the perfect folds in them,
Anakin-Skywalker-anakin-skywalker-16990776-1860-2560.jpg

or the New Vader's cape, that ought to be molded in plastic as well, so it Always looks JUST like this one scene.
main2_DarthVader-flight.jpg

after all, it's not like flexible materials like Thin plastic, or cloth Change when the wearer moves, right?

I think $150.00 is not that bad for the E-Web given the size and detail. The Cantina table/chairs was $90.00 and lights notwithstanding is a comparatively very basic mold with no moving parts (also easily reworked as a second set for Hammerhead to spread the cost). There must have been a fair bit of R&D on this and they'll never get a second use out of it.

Think a lot of people here are still stuck on the prices of a couple years ago before the detail went up substantially in all of these pieces. I'm no Sideshow fanboy but to attribute $135.00 of the E-Web's price to SSC just wanting to milk OT fanboys is a little naive.

The snowtrooper could have used some more toys, but he's not ridiculously overpriced. The gun might be though....

(I still ordered one anyway...)

is it me or does the snowtrooper looks weird in some way.. I don't know.. looks bad enough for me to pass on this.. and He's my favourite outta the troopers

The snowtrooper could have used some more toys, but he's not ridiculously overpriced. The gun might be though....

(I still ordered one anyway...)
Yeah, agreed it feels a little high but maybe not unreasonable if we knew more about Sideshow's business model.

Can't wait for ____ to hit the fan when SSC finally announces their 1:6 landspeeder. Sounds like most in here think it should be $100.00 tops, plus remote controlled (maybe throw in R2 and 3PO as the EX).

is it me or does the snowtrooper looks weird in some way.. I don't know.. looks bad enough for me to pass on this.. and He's my favourite outta the troopers
Maybe the mask being molded? Overall, I think he looks pretty good but can definitely get why some would prefer some kind of fabric over a solid mold. Have a feeling that there's a chance his mask will be tweaked between now and release.

Last edited:
The snowtrooper would be better with a cloth mask. Maybe it's not too late for them to reconsider? I'd like to have 2 or 3 of them, but it will look weird for them to all have the same faux-folds in their veils...

Back