1/6 Shadow trooper respray & paint.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsonbob

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im sure SS will release these but i fancied making 1 anyway out of 1 of my normal SS stormies, hope u likey :peace

I removed the material/holster part of the belt and used a black cd/dvd pen to colour it in, which worked very well. The bit that needed masking was the hands with the plate left exposed. He got about 4 coats of black acrylic spray, then i painted the helmet and gloss sprayed the lot once with a few touch ups here and there.

P1000065.jpg

P1000066.jpg

P1000068-1.jpg

P1000069-1.jpg

Last edited:
The Shadow Stormtroopers are my favorite of the troops. It took nads muy grande to paint up a SS regular Stormy knowing that they will eventually produce one! Excellent work!

The Shadow Stormtroopers are my favorite of the troops. It took nads muy grande to paint up a SS regular Stormy knowing that they will eventually produce one! Excellent work!

Thanks guys and well ive got 8 stormies including the stormie commander so i just had to have a go :lol

Yeah im always moving them about he'll end up next to Praji, vader and my 2 imperial droids tomorrow :lol

Last edited:
That's awesome! I think Medicom made these, didn't they? But if you got one, your reaction at opening it up and looking inside would be "Hey, aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" :lol

That's awesome! I think Medicom made these, didn't they? But if you got one, your reaction at opening it up and looking inside would be "Hey, aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" :lol

:lol aye the medicom 1 is great but i would have to swap his hands for SS ones their a bit small for my taste.

:lol aye the medicom 1 is great but i would have to swap his hands for SS ones their a bit small for my taste.

Yeah, and you'd have to keep the Medi in a galaxy far, far away from your SS troopers! (or swap the body out)

I'd imagine painting a $90 white stormie black is cheaper better than making a black $140 stormie taller and replacing its hands...

BTW do you know if the Medicom Clones's hands are too small? Cuz I ordered one (after hearing about the height adjustment to make it better for display with other figs) and it should be coming next week...

Ive only seen piccies of the medi clones and the hands do look a bit small but nothing major.

Uh-oh... we got an abnormal clone here! *sirens* *klaxon* (Kaminoans rush in, toss in a pipe bomb, and run away)....

:fireworks

There! Problem solved...

I have 6 of the Medicom ones. I bought a case when their popularity was down a little and I ended up getting them each for about 86.00 shipped. I like them even with the small hands, but I really look forward to Sideshows. Thanks for the preview, cbob!

I have 6 of the Medicom ones. I bought a case when their popularity was down a little and I ended up getting them each for about 86.00 shipped. I like them even with the small hands, but I really look forward to Sideshows. Thanks for the preview, cbob!

You have 6 medi Shadow troopers wow they must look amazing :banana I would have got medi's but they were too expensive a while back and now i have SS i dont want to mix them.

Wow that looks great :D
How long did it take to make the armour black? And did you take off all the armour pieces and painted the inside of the armour pieces to? :rolleyes:

I did spray inside the armour :D then i gave it about 5 coats (including touch ups) of black spray and each coat was left for about an hour to cure thoroughly. Then i painted the silver bits and after that i gave the lot 1 coat of gloss spray cos i didnt want it uber shiny. I done a bit of gloss touching up the next day and it was done. It took a little over a day but it can be done start too finish in 5-6hrs if you wanted to do it quickly.

Last edited:
Back