1/6 SCALE URUK HAI COMMANDER - SIBERIAN CUSTOM STUDIO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. At least we can ask Alex.

Did you order, Holo?
Not yet but I am really tempted to. I'm picturing this being displayed together with Inart's Aragorn and it being one hell of a display. Maybe even do a small forest base for them to capture their fight scene. Could even have fun with it by doing a small tree bark behind Aragorn with the shield wedged into it.

His preorder cut off date is August 25th so I have time until then to decide. He offers a payment plan of 3 x $250 so might go with that if I do.

GATsuuo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great but the price is just too high for me at the moment.
Not gonna lie, in more affluent times I've paid far more for a custom piece, and if I had the money I think I would go for it.
But with all that said, it depends on what the character is worth TO YOU.
I spent all that money on customs because I LOVED those two characters [and in the end I couldn't justify the price for one of them and sold off my spot despite loving the character so much, and only kept the other because it was one of my favourite characters of all time and there was 0% chance of the character ever having an official or 3rd-party release].
Will it look cool - absolutely.
But unless you LOVE this character or you can comfortably afford it I suggest not spending so much in order to avoid regret.

Riffing off HologramAI's comp... I wanted to see them scaled... now, its harder to resist...

The most expensive accessory ever!

View attachment 653292
32 cm tall is the custom Lurtz which is actually correct, as the actor Lawrence Makoare is 1.93m tall. (6ft4)
He played Lurtz, the Witch King, Gothmog and Bolg in the Hobbit movies.

Riffing off HologramAI's comp... I wanted to see them scaled... now, its harder to resist...

The most expensive accessory ever!

View attachment 653292

32 cm tall is the custom Lurtz which is actually correct, as the actor Lawrence Makoare is 1.93m tall. (6ft4)
He played Lurtz, the Witch King, Gothmog and Bolg in the Hobbit movies.

In that case, Lurtz can probably be upscaled even further in that image as Aragorn should be a clean 30cm tall to reflect Viggo’s real world height.

Damn it, you guys keep tempting me to get this thing!
Now I’m at the point where, if I haven’t PO’d much else by Kit’s closing date, I might just decide to order.

I'm still happy with my first day preorder of Lurtz.
Sure it isn't perfect and the price is high, but eh. It is about two hot toys figures these days. And I have enough figures anyway so way not spend it on single, very cool one instead of getting more and more other stuff?

I'm now even thinking of getting Boromir and getting a custom head for it...damn xD

Yeah, when I made that comp I actually thought Viggo was at least 6 ft and was shocked to learn he's shorter.
He’s passable for 6 foot on his tinder profile for sure.
Not counting John Rhys-Davies, I think the only hero character/actor 6’ or over was Eomer/Karl Urban. Everyone else clocks in at 5’11” or under.

That’s crazy! I knew Gandalf was at least portrayed on screen as being noticeably shorter than Saruman, but I’ve always pictured Ian McKellen being around 196 cm like Christopher Lee is. The man plays larger-than-life roles but I guess I took it literally :lol
IMG_8193.png

Just the wording had me thrown- ‘short of arse.’

You can be a ‘short arse,’ but to be short of arse; I guess that’d be a way of saying Aragorn doesn’t ‘get any action.’
Oh right, got you. It was just a way of phrasing me and my workmates sometimes used back in the day. I probably should have left it there! :duff

Similar to the new HT Joker, we need a "tongue" accessory so Lurtz can lick the blood off of the knife.

View attachment 653851
People will be clamouring for a ‘parted out’ Peacekeeper tongue now!

An InArt or Crown (to a lesser degree) two pack of ‘newborn’ and Amon Hen Lurtz would be the tits- but I’m inching closer to ordering this everyday purely because of the FOMO.

I’m not entirely comfortable ordering direct from this Alex chap though, especially when Kit is an option, albeit a slightly pricier one.

Who is Alex? Has he done custom runs in the past? How did they turn out? Is he responsive to queries and does he offer helpful CS post delivery?
To additional $30 to solicit Kit’s assistance with communications and to be assured of resolutions to any issues is probably the way to go.

Correct me if I am wrong but that Lurtz is a statue. Not a figure?
Wrong indeed; it’s made using a customised phicen body.

Who is Alex? Has he done custom runs in the past? How did they turn out? Is he responsive to queries and does he offer helpful CS post delivery?
Have you seen his company site on facebook? Siberian Custom Studios (I think it was "From Russia with love customs" before the name change iirc)

They have plenty of pics there of great looking stuff and released quiet some figs or even OOAK figures

Back