1/6 Scale Superman Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so. Honestly its the cheapest custom ive ever put together.

The shirt and jacket were only $40 from GeeWhiz.

The pants I got for free when I bought a Truetype, and the boots were just some cheap ones from Toy Anxiety.

Slapped it all on a TTM19, and voila.

All in all cost me around $85 for the complete custom. However it would probably cost more today since the head and TTM19s have gone up in price.

I'm been thinking of doing this ever since I made an evil version of Superman. I made a copy of the head and drilled out the mouth and resculpted it and added some to the hair and eyebrows. I'm doing a test paint to see how it looks. Here ya go.

Can anybody help identifying the badge Ursa wears on her right? Looking for one for my custom.

kl241, It is supposed to be a Soviet Space patch which Ursa rips from one of the cosmonauts. I spent a bit of time re-constructing it from the visuals, and then searched about on the net to see if it was an actual patch. I had no luck finding it in real life if it does exist, but the general shape and design does have some analogs with some Soviet Space Pins!
I did this up for my Ursa; all my efforts at making it look patch-like were mostly lost when I printed it at 1/6 - but it looks okay. I just printed it out on sticker paper, cut it out and slapped it on.
Anyone else is free to use it.
9729818416_06de66d000_o.jpg

I'm been thinking of doing this ever since I made an evil version of Superman. I made a copy of the head and drilled out the mouth and resculpted it and added some to the hair and eyebrows. I'm doing a test paint to see how it looks. Here ya go.

Excellent work! He definitely looks pissed.

kl241, It is supposed to be a Soviet Space patch which Ursa rips from one of the cosmonauts. I spent a bit of time re-constructing it from the visuals, and then searched about on the net to see if it was an actual patch. I had no luck finding it in real life if it does exist, but the general shape and design does have some analogs with some Soviet Space Pins!
I did this up for my Ursa; all my efforts at making it look patch-like were mostly lost when I printed it at 1/6 - but it looks okay. I just printed it out on sticker paper, cut it out and slapped it on.
Anyone else is free to use it.
9729818416_06de66d000_o.jpg

DUDE! You are AWESOME! Thanks! :duff

If Hot Toys had put this much effort into their existing Reeve sculpt they would have hit a home run with this figure.

thanks a lot for the feedback,guys. I actually have another expression in mind. just waiting for a few components to arrive to get things together.

Hi! I'm new in this thing of 1/6 customs. My question:
Is it possible to use a TTM 18 with the Christpher Reeve HOT TOYS Head, costume and boots?
Also trying to use a Superman Returns Medicom Suit with a TTM 18 body for a Tom welling head with neck.
What do you think? any suggestions?

Hi! I'm new in this thing of 1/6 customs. My question:
Is it possible to use a TTM 18 with the Christpher Reeve HOT TOYS Head, costume and boots?
Also trying to use a Superman Returns Medicom Suit with a TTM 18 body for a Tom welling head with neck.
What do you think? any suggestions?

The only problem will be the visible neckline and the break in the neck.

The only problem will be the visible neckline and the break in the neck.

This is so true....CR HS has so vulnerable neckline....and I dont think mixing with the TTM will give CR a proportional look because the original Superman TTM has a different neck build compare to other TTM.

This is so true....CR HS has so vulnerable neckline....and I dont think mixing with the TTM will give CR a proportional look because the original Superman TTM has a different neck build compare to other TTM.

You can put him on any body if you are going to have him wearing a closed shirt.
Then you'll never see the body or the neckline.

Thanks Barry the suits a old 1960s captain action superman suit $11 of ebay it has a nice woolly thick 50s 60s feel that i think suits this version of supes ,the head is off the art of toys figure from a few years back ,so is the emblem ,its a bit too shiny ,modded the head to fit a sculpted neck hot toys knock off ,made the cape and had a belt from a old figure a bought from JON ,anyone remember that guy lol ,and of course the a fore mentioned jor el boots ,needs more paint lol

All,

I plan doing a Smallville Superman using a Ken doll Superman Returns costume, Hot Toys Advance Body, and Headplay head. I don't like the Ken doll boots (too short). Aside from paying 45 dollars for a loose HT boots or trying to make my own, I've looked at the Epic SR 10 inch figure. Can those boots fit a HT AND are the boots longer than the Ken SR figures? Any help appreciated

All,

I plan doing a Smallville Superman using a Ken doll Superman Returns costume, Hot Toys Advance Body, and Headplay head. I don't like the Ken doll boots (too short). Aside from paying 45 dollars for a loose HT boots or trying to make my own, I've looked at the Epic SR 10 inch figure. Can those boots fit a HT AND are the boots longer than the Ken SR figures? Any help appreciated

Your best bet will really be to bite the bullet and buy some HT boots. They are the best. I have bought a few sets loose and the are the business.
I agree the Ken ones are too short.
Did you pick up a Ken for a reasonable amount?

184079213_62081015a8.jpg

Back