1/6 Scale Superman Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Vipermark7 - I won an auction on Evil Bay for 33.01 but the shipping stank. About $11. Thanks for the advise on the boots. I may have to attempt to make the boots. I also have to replace the Ken doll cape. Too short.

@Vipermark7 - I won an auction on Evil Bay for 33.01 but the shipping stank. About $11. Thanks for the advise on the boots. I may have to attempt to make the boots. I also have to replace the Ken doll cape. Too short.

Well the boots can be had on Ebay for $45 like you said.
Also, i won a Superman Returns Hot Toys cape for $35 last week. It's the 2-in-1 cape with the velcro on the neck.
I only bid on it because i was also bidding on a SR stand from the same guy.
If you need the cape, i can sell it for what i paid plus shipping. And it will easily just go in a padded envelope.

Your best bet will really be to bite the bullet and buy some HT boots. They are the best. I have bought a few sets loose and the are the business.
I agree the Ken ones are too short.
Did you pick up a Ken for a reasonable amount?

184079213_62081015a8.jpg

I have found that while the epic powers 10-inch superman's boots look good and very detailed the calf sections are a bit big for a few 1/6 bodies, so while you can dremel the insides to be a bit wider(be careful not to do too much)so the legs sit further in, the tops of the boots will stick away from the calfs a bit far.

Look up one of the original Max Steel figures to get an idea as it is essentially the same body but lacks feet as the boots are glued on(not hard to get off though) and doesn't have the Max Steel metal bracelet thing.

I have found that while the epic powers 10-inch superman's boots look good and very detailed the calf sections are a bit big for a few 1/6 bodies, so while you can dremel the insides to be a bit wider(be careful not to do too much)so the legs sit further in, the tops of the boots will stick away from the calfs a bit far.

Look up one of the original Max Steel figures to get an idea as it is essentially the same body but lacks feet as the boots are glued on(not hard to get off though) and doesn't have the Max Steel metal bracelet thing.

thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately, I may have to put the whole project on hold now. Thanks again.

Mokuren868,

Very nice custom. The base suit is from Superman Returns? Later this week or early next week I will post pictures of my custom SR using the Ken SR costume, a custom Cavil head sculpt (or one that was supposed to look like him) and an Obitsu body, the only action figure body that can easily put on the Ken SR uniform. Merry X-Mas and Happy Holiday all.

Body looks a little thin.
Could do with a bit of bulk.
What's the head from?

Body is thin. Very thin. It is why I used an Obitsu body. That was the only body that I could find to fit into the suit. Once I got the suit and discovered most figures couldn't fit, I had hoped to find a Lycra fabric that matched the color, open the bottom, add fabric and put it on a bigger body. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a matching color. I hope to find a younger looking sculpt so he can be a teenage superman ... er superboy. Here are few more pictures. As you can see, I bit the bullet and purchased a HT Superman Returns figure. Also, I got the head off Ebay. I can't remember the seller but he was the first that I saw who made MOS figures. This was his Clark Kent version.

Last edited:
Body is thin. Very thin. It is why I used an Obitsu body. That was the only body that I could find to fit into the suit. Once I got the suit and discovered most figures couldn't fit, I had hoped to find a Lycra fabric that matched the color, open the bottom, add fabric and put it on a bigger body. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a matching color. I hope to find a younger looking sculpt so he can be a teenage superman ... er superboy. Here are few more pictures.

It's looking okay.
Like i say, he's supposed to be a giant among men.
Where did you get the head from?

All, I picked up a Superman Returns figure. I want to replace the body. How did those of you who did so get the suit off without damaging it?

All, I picked up a Superman Returns figure. I want to replace the body. How did those of you who did so get the suit off without damaging it?

It has to be cut off to get it removed. You have to cut the stitching and then re-sew it back onto the new body.
Either that or slice it up the back under the cape, then re-sew that or add velcro.

It has to be cut off to get it removed. You have to cut the stitching and then re-sew it back onto the new body.
Either that or slice it up the back under the cape, then re-sew that or add velcro.

Thx. I hope I have a steady hand for the job.

Back