1/6 Scale Jabba Package Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This packaging is pretty much just what I was expecting. I was thinking the front would look like Maul Fan's great photoshop image, but I figured he'd be more PF style box than 12" figure box. I also expected Crumb's packaging to be more like this instead of like the 12" figure packaging though.

Since he's not really for sale at retail, there's no reason for a window. Some stores still carry Gentle Giant so it's useful to see the product, but for an all online sale it's not very necessary.

Plus he is more protected without the window. Such a high end item as this needs to arrive in perfect condition. I saw many Marvel Icons Hulk figures that had green and black paint from their faces smeered onto their clear window packaging. I could only imaging the uproar if that happened to some Jabba figures. Besides he would be rather large for a window box.

Maul Fan, where's the "what should have been" image in your 2nd post? I can't see it for some reason :confused:

MaulFan said:
What could have been:
jabba_box.jpg

i see it fine

galactiboy said:
Maul Fan, where's the "what should have been" image in your 2nd post? I can't see it for some reason :confused:

It's fed off my website's server so maybe it's slow to load up as opposed to some other sources people use, I'm sorry about that guys, but since I have my own website I figured I might as well use that server.

The 30th Ann look is kinda boring - my only issue: why so much unused space on the box? They could have made the Jabba image larger!

Last edited:
The only question I have is "WHO THE F@#% CARES"?

It's a damn box people. It gets thrown in the trash or whatever room we hide all our other boxes in. I actually like less clutter on the box.

It wouldn't bother me much other than to me, it ultimately doesn't do anything special for the package that makes you go oh wow check out the 30th Anniversary package, at least for SSC and GG I like Hasbro's style, and other than the 30th logo, it doesn't even really indicate an anniversary so it's like why would you tamper with a good thing.

Darth Loki said:

It's a damn box people. It gets thrown in the trash or whatever room we hide all our other boxes in. I actually like less clutter on the box.

It's something to discuss. What's the big deal that we do?

I find it ironic people are *****ing about people talking about the box design. :confused:

jlcmsu said:
It's something to discuss. What's the big deal that we do?

I find it ironic people are *****ing about people talking about the box design. :confused:
Careful, Josh. You don't want someone to think you're an idiot. :lol

They should only be forced to but the 30th anniversary stuff on the ANH figures and stuff. It isn't quite the rest's 30th yet.

So I can't tell, is Jabba featuring the "new" packaging designed forced down by Lucas, or is it still the old desgin. It is hard to tell since Jabba is different to begin with. If it is, I don't really mind it since it is still similar to the old design. While the packaging is nice and all, I buy the item for the figure and not what it comes in so as long as the figure is easy to open and arrives safely I don't really care what its box looks like. Although I have kept every Sideshow item box.

Frankly, I like the minimalist design. It's not flashy or gaudy, and I think that makes the product look that much more classy. If I want clutter, I'll look at my toy shelves. But the new design is nice and clean, and I like it. Star Wars doesn;t really need a hard sell.

Buttmunch said:
So I can't tell, is Jabba featuring the "new" packaging designed forced down by Lucas, or is it still the old desgin.

That is definitely the new design. It matches the new boxes from Gentle Giant.

Buttmunch said:
They should only be forced to but the 30th anniversary stuff on the ANH figures and stuff. It isn't quite the rest's 30th yet.

So I can't tell, is Jabba featuring the "new" packaging designed forced down by Lucas, or is it still the old desgin. It is hard to tell since Jabba is different to begin with. If it is, I don't really mind it since it is still similar to the old design. While the packaging is nice and all, I buy the item for the figure and not what it comes in so as long as the figure is easy to open and arrives safely I don't really care what its box looks like. Although I have kept every Sideshow item box.

You can see the dark grey like the Gentle Giant packaging features and the 30th logo on the box so it's a 30th design.

Darth Loki said:

No, the real question is, how f%$#ing dumb are you to go into a thread labelled clearly that it's about the box design if all you want to do is say people are dumb for discussing it, go into the threads you have something worthwhile to contribute and shut the h$%# up in this one.

I like the sleek black, minimalist design also. I think it all looks nice. I don;t mind the lack of window either. Like everyone esle, my boxes go to the "back room" and don;t come out and play too often so it's of no real consequence. :D

Back