1/6 Scale BTTF DeLorean Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK. I'm officially insane. I was talking to a friend of mine this week who is a metal work and also a BTTF fan and remote control maniac and were discussing the BTTF 1/6 Marty & Doc heads.

This is how the conversation went :-

"They're OK and look pretty good when completed...the problem is I'd really want a 1/6 Delorean (laughs) "

"Let's make one then."

"(stops laughing) Really?"

"Yeah, let's work on planning and designing over Christmas"

"It'd have to have lights and stuff....(thinking)"

"yeah, shouldn't be a problem"

"and sounds..."

"sounds we could do...in fact....What don't we try and make it remote control too?"

"(laughing again)...now you're just taking the p*ss"

"No. It could be done...we have the technology..."

"Awesome! Let's have a drink...I think I need one"

This is going to be a MENTAL project.

I'm looking forward to it though...LOL

WOW! Dream project! Can't wait to see this take shape. And then when you're done, you can send it to me and get cracking on a 1/6 Ectomobile to match! :naughty

:D

That would be awesome and really cool if multiples were made. Wink,wink.

I've spoken to him again today to make sure that he wasn't just drunk.

He's started designing the chassis and motor compartment.

Roll on Boxing Day.....

I have dreamed of seeing one of these! I cannot wait to see how it comes out. I would probably sell half of my collection to get it, too.:lol

With all the BTTF excitement lately, I thought I'd exhume this thread. I don't suppose this project made it very far, did it?

About five or so years ago, on ebay, I saw an auction for a 1:6 BTTF delorean. IIRC, price was up to over $3000, with reserve actually around $11,000. I was watching, but the auction ended early.

It was incredible. Apparently it was one of three ever made, for filming vfx shots for the old BTTF ride at Universal Studios...

Anyone else remember that? If not, here's a photo I cribbed...

I've actually seen one of the three in person at the Orlando FX show in 2002. I didn't even think out it being 1/6 at the time. Great post, Dan!

Aww man I got all excited when I saw the thread, didn't notice it was a zombie thread brought back from the death :(

Back