1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Via Avengergram on Instagram:

View attachment 675698
I had a feeling this would be the end result (“He’s short”) but we have to give S-Hero the benefit of the doubt. There’s no real “standard height” for figures these days, look no further than your average HT Iron Mayne 😬.

…despite that, I’m paying off my invoice soon and “he’s coming home”. My SooSoo Classic Trickster needs a drinking buddy 😄🍻
My figures ships Monday, with luck, but I have a quick question. Can the figure be arranged so it can hold the book and goblet to simulate reading which having a good drink?

My figures ships Monday, with luck, but I have a quick question. Can the figure be arranged so it can hold the book and goblet to simulate reading which having a good drink?

Mine actually got into the post today.

The hand designed to hold the book has a peg in it to fit the hole in the book. The left hands looks like the same gesture but I couldn't tell whether there was a peg in it, though the book could be secured with blue tack.

vlcsnap-2023-11-26-17h35m00s445.png

The goblet is only designed for the right hand with the parted fingers.

vlcsnap-2023-11-26-17h29m00s392.png

Not bad really then again i don't want care for his height can always use ankle extender or body swap.

View attachment 675698
I had a feeling this would be the end result (“He’s short”) but we have to give S-Hero the benefit of the doubt. There’s no real “standard height” for figures these days, look no further than your average HT Iron Mayne 😬.

…despite that, I’m paying off my invoice soon and “he’s coming home”. My SooSoo Classic Trickster needs a drinking buddy 😄🍻
Height is a bit of a bummer as I feared. Wish they made him like an inch taller. Can't even really do a body swap because then you'll mess up with the proportions on the outfit. I imagine the "skirt" portion would ride up too high on his waist. Will see what ankle extenders can do but might mess up the flow of his leg/feet armor as well.

Oh well, will see how he is in person. I'm not even sure I would even really have him displayed with anyone to begin with.

Last edited:
According to Hot Toys specs the Loki figure he's stood next to is 31 cm tall.

I've planned to have him stood next to the Robert Downey Jr. scaled Iron Man Mk. I (1.0), which is only just over 29 cm, so Doom will appear to be a bit taller.

If I have him holding his tome, it's going to look like a book club meeting, because behind him, raised on a Perspex stand, will be Doctor Strange holding the Book of Cagliostro.

Ideally I really would like to have him on a raised throne. Have him displayed by himself at the top shelf of a detolf but alas, they decided to do a canceled $450 version. I’m hoping they redo it or I might have to just look into making one myself.

Ideally I really would like to have him on a raised throne. Have him displayed by himself at the top shelf of a detolf but alas, they decided to do a canceled $450 version. I’m hoping they redo it or I might have to just look into making one myself.
I did a quick search for some kind of Throne for him but found nothing. There was a Game of Thrones style throne but doesn't fit Dr Doom. If I find anything I will let the group know.

View attachment 675698

I'm going to have to see about raising Doom's head a bit. I wonder if the neck comes out.

The Doom on Throne statue there is available as an STL file to print which shows the throne itself is a standalone piece, except the seat of the throne is keyed to attach the Doom figure and the seat itself is blank and undetailed. Also looks like the cape forms the front of the throne so probably not workable.

There are other Doom throne options out there for printing that might work better as they're designed for figures, but will need to be resized for 1:6 which might be a bit trial and error-y.

Last edited:
Which one should i print?
FIrst Image Tall Throne
Second Image Saint Throne
Kinda liking the Tall throne seem more fitting to Docotor Doom
Tall throne.JPG
Saint Throne.JPG

So what's the verdict on this?
While it looked quite cool in concept my concern had been proportions and height, which is why I held off (and it sold out in the interim). I figure Doom should be roughly the same height as Iron Man—approximately 6'6" in armor.

If it did turn out well I'll try to pick it up in the secondary provided the price isn't crazy. Otherwise, I'll wait for either someone else to take a crack at the character or S-Hero to announce a tweaked, height adjusted rerelease like Hot Toys has been known to do.

Back