1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Alright initial impressions two of the best figures from SS ever imo. The paint on both is as good as Old Ben if not better and the detail is just amazing. The outfits are just so well done its not even funny. It really looks and feels like Palpatine/Sidious jumped off the screen and into 1:6th form.

Really? That's saying a lot Josh, but just like all of their other figures you really have to see them in person to really appreciate the craftsmanship.

Really? That's saying a lot Josh, but just like all of their other figures you really have to see them in person to really appreciate the craftsmanship.

Yeah, I really am quite impressed with these. Its sick how good these are. You really do though have to see these in person to really understand how good they are.

Yeah, I really am quite impressed with these. Its sick how good these are. You really do though have to see these in person to really understand how good they are.

A little futz and water goes a long way! If someone has ol' SuperPalpy can you pose him like "I am the sentate!" with the hilt slipped in his hand?

A little futz and water goes a long way! If someone has ol' SuperPalpy can you pose him like "I am the sentate!" with the hilt slipped in his hand?

Yeah, a little futzing and these will be perfect.

Great pics Mike, I love the saber behind the back! Oldest trick in the book :lol

:lol I really had to think about how to pose him and I liked the hands behind the back but I figured he should definitely be the one holding the Holocron and just the hand behind his back I felt was anti-climatic so I put the lightsaber back there and it just worked.

I really like my new camera and playing with the different functions. :D

Ask and ye shall recieve. I'm no MaulFan, but here are some moody shots.

dsc00031mj4.jpg

dsc00032ho5.jpg

dsc00033xw9.jpg

dsc00034qr5.jpg

dsc00035lf5.jpg

dsc00036nw7.jpg

Just got mine today. The chancellor is my favorite but I have many nits about him. The biggest being his large noggin. It's an excellent sculpt but it's just a bit oversized. Sidious' hands are wicked detailed and I love all the extra accessories that came with this set.

Welcome aboard Msmjr2003! Thanks for the AWESOME pictures, and the insight to the collar issue. I didn't even notice it until I saw your latest pic. I just fixed mine, and I have to say, that very small issue made the figure ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! This is by far the BEST figure SideShow has done to date. It will take something remarkable to top this one in my eyes.

THANK YOU SIDESHOW FOR THIS REMARKABLE PIECE!!!!!!:emperor

Moody shots? I can do those....

smallcombo.jpg

ahhh that's exactly what I was talking about. With the collar showing now (although it should be shiny not the same wool material.... but honestly it doesnt really matter) he now looks like he has a human neck, and normal (not oversized) shoulders.

Dressing the figure properly makes the figure much better.

Although me being me, I would be tempter to slowly introduce layers of a watered down deep purple wash to the inner thingy (after testing of course) to darken the colour. Then maybe dry brush highlights over the tips of the wool. This would give the real life costume effect....

and pretty much thats it. With that... the figure would have nothing that I would complain about. I might have to get this (after the wedding/honeymoon of course lol) so I can pose him with Anakin :rock

(although it should be shiny not the same wool material.... but honestly it doesnt really matter)

Not only that, but it's the rest of what he's wearing under it that is shiny too. It's only on the arms and that bib thing that it's the scrunchy material.

I'm diggin Sidious but not happy with PapaPalpatine. His fabric seams are already ripped right out of the box, his sculpt isn't old enough, and his outfit isn't as exact as I would prefer, even if they weren't torn. sigh.

Sidious though... having a lot of fun with this one! Observe...

080201_FABULOUS.jpg

and

080201_DARKSIDE.jpg

Back