1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Another great set of pics from RS:

sambuca said:
Okay, here are some more pics for everyone waiting on their Palpys.

Palps01.jpg

Yoda: Ah, a fine day this is. Fishing at the old Jedi fishing hole... Hmmm... A dark presence I feel approaching...

Palps02.jpg

Sidious: Yoda! So good to see you!
Palpatine: Yes. Long time, no see.
Yoda: Not long enough has it been.
Palpatine: OK, that's enough catching up.

Palps03.jpg

Sidious: Move along! Time's up, little man.
Yoda: What? How dare you!
Palpatine: Buzz off, Kermit. Man, this seat isn't comfy AT ALL!

Palps04.jpg

Sidious: A grand day for the Empire! At last we have revealed ourselves to the Jedi, at last we shall have... our fishing hole.
Palpatine: Settle down, Beavis, you're scaring away the fish.

Palps05.jpg

Palpatine: LOOK! I got one!
Sidious: Oooh! Delicious fishy! I cannot wait to eat it! Huzzah!
Palpatine: This will be a day long remembered. It has seen Yoda leave the fishing hole, and now it has seen me catch a mighty fish!

THERE YA GO! MORE TO COME LATER!!!

Last edited:

Some more great pictures from msmjr2003 over at Rebelscum forums:

SmallSidious.jpg

SmallPalpatine.jpg

another thing that's throwing the Palpating off apart from the inner tunic thing needing to be a bit darker is... where's his collar?

on the real pics/screengrabs it goes across from his shoulders... up onto his neck a bit.... then his head

but the figure goes across from his shoudlers.... down into his neck... then his head. It has the effect of making his head look like it's sitting in a hole. Is there even a collar thing under there that futzing can help show? Or did they leave it out altogether?

also the real one has a V neck shape to the collar and tunic thing, but the figure (from the pictures) has a very round neck.... is this the same in person?

(some topstick to hold the outer part tight against the inner part wouldnt hurt either, stop it looking so poofy and high up... maybe thats what is hiding the collar i dont know)

palpburg4.jpg

ROTS-palpatine_web.jpg

2126_press06-001.jpg

The collar can be better than we've seen, this shot from QQB shows it more prominent and looks nice.

image2827.jpg

I wonder if just a little futzing could make it stand out more?

I wonder if just a little futzing could make it stand out more?

I would assume so, if QQB could do it, the figure must be able to. Maybe putting the sash around the tabbards helps pull them down tighter onto the shoulders.

Also the robes aren't as broad as in the film... in that one shot he looks like a linebacker!

Oh boy. I always wanted my very own Phillip Wise figure!

Oh boy. I always wanted my very own Phillip Wise figure!

I can think of a few good uses for one...none that I'd being willing to spend 60.00 or more for, but you know...if it was given to me or something.:rolleyes:

n my way home from my game just a little bit longer till I have my 2 pack.

Thanks for all the images Mike, I really like this one, has a bizarre, Matrix type feel to it with the depth of field you captured.

MaraJade013.jpg

Hey, I like that "msmjr2003" feller...and his pictures!!! :)

(First post over here; howdy!)

I hope you didn't mind me posting your pics. really enjoyed them and wanted to share them with others who don't frequent RS.

:rock

Great pics Mike. I really like the saber behind his back. :lol

Nice shots everyone! I cannot wait to get these two... It will be a very fun repainting experience, to be sure. And I think I am going to try and darken the inner robe part of Palpatine's red suit... It looked darker in the film and I think it will give the figure more depth. We will see... :emperor

Yeah man let us know how that turns out, I think that's the extra amount of Spice Weasel to bang it up a notch! It could persuade me to keep the figure.

Great pics Mike, I love the saber behind the back! Oldest trick in the book :lol

Back