1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

k. just as a test run put the old hasbro ROTJ emperor costume on palpatine, it actulay looks pretty good :) It's pantom menace palps :)

A few more ROTJ shots :)
"Your over confidence is your weakness." "Your faith in your friends is yours."

P.jpg

Beautiful shot!!
Seriously guys, this figure is ...most impressive!! :emperor

Sean really shows off how well the Sidious sculpt is. Could easily pass as a RotJ Palpatine, but before his pics, it seemed 100% RotS. Remarkable on both sculpt and photography to be able to be posed from each movie!

Everyone who proclaimed Trevor as the sole hope of Sideshow (talented though he obviously is) please now throw some love Oluf's way. His sculpts are t'awesomeness as well.

:chew:emperor:chew:emperor:chew

AWESOME pictures Maulfan. :clap

they almost make me want to be a 12" collector.

:D

I finally had a chance to open up the box and set up my figures.

I want to say that both figures are fantastic. I honestly could only find "1" major negative, which will be posted later.

Chancellor Palpatine is simply perfect out of the box. Headsculpt is on target. The paint apps are, in my opinion, even better than Ben Kenobi's. I prefer this type of paint application to Ben's. Skin tone is perfect and there is no glossy sheen. Even the white hair and eyebrows are fine, though they had looked too bright in the photos that I had previously seen. The outfit is simply beautiful. Wonderful use of materials to recreate the outfit in 1/6th scale. A Perfect 10, in my book.

Darth Sidious is also a great figure right out of the box. I even got the hood to sit perfectly, on the first try. Another beautiful outfit as well. I did notice, once displayed between Asajj and Maul, that his outfit is actually a very dark grey and not entirely black. The "fuzzy" shoulder pads are closer to black but the rest of the outfit is more charcoal in color. No biggie, just an observation. Lack of pants is not a big deal but I feel he should have brought them. Paint apps were nice, considering the rather pale complexion given to the actor. Eyes were painted very well on both figures. Sidious's hands, in particular, are very well sculpted and painted.

My only negatives are that Sidious's body has loose joints, particularly the shoulders and the hips. I have trouble keeping his arms raised in any pose. The loose hips caused him to shelf dive on me, right after I had set him up on the shelf. Luckily, nothing was broken in the dive, but it was definitely bothersome to have to set him up once again. Also, the collar of the "fuzzy" material is a bit loose on mine. Not neatly sewn.
I gave this figure a score of 8 of 10. The loose joints brought it down big-time, for me.

Extras: The droid is a great addition. The tiny exclusive statue is cool. Not a "must-have" item, but a nice additional piece. My lightsabers were painted fine.

These are must-haves in any 1/6th Star Wars figure collection.

Everyone who proclaimed Trevor as the sole hope of Sideshow (talented though he obviously is) please now throw some love Oluf's way. His sculpts are t'awesomeness as well.

Oh HELL yeah... OLUF is the man... He has delivered time and time again. I love his work, always will. :rock

A few final ROTJ costume shots for the night, I promise I'll get back to shooting him in his proper costume :)

Oh and Wor-Gar, I've addressed the issue you pointed out, my Sidious now has pants as well as his little dress. Conveniently, I had some black basic pants laying around from another figure, works great.

Q.jpg

R.jpg

S.jpg

:rock Well said Pix. If it wasn't for Oluf, I wouldn't even be collecting Sideshow. It has his fantastic job on the original 12" Frankenstein that introduced me to Sideshow (at Toys R Us of all places if I remember right). I too think he did an excellent job on this set and I look forward to his and Trev's work. Well actually, just about everyone at Sideshow has gotten better recently IMO.

Once again I believe Oluf will be the best man for the job on Tarkin.

Yeah, Oluf is the shat... Creature from the Black Lagoon (both the 1/6 and PF) anyone?!? That figure rocks... Palps and Sidious are just another great addition from by him.

Just check out the man's portfolio for Sideshow if you need further proof :rock

Oh and Wor-Gar, I've addressed the issue you pointed out, my Sidious now has pants as well as his little dress. Conveniently, I had some black basic pants laying around from another figure, works great.

Nice. I gotta search my junk box for some black pants too. Sorry to point it out, but hey -- the pants are cannon.

Great pics BTW! He really looks great as the Emperor.

Nice. I gotta search my junk box for some black pants too. Sorry to point it out, but hey -- the pants are cannon.

Great pics BTW! He really looks great as the Emperor.

Yeah, first thing I did was break out some pants for my man Sid.

The PANTS are on!!!!

Maybe you or Sean could take a picture for an example of the look. Or, Sean, you could do a still of Sid toppling over his desk. :)

I am a total amateur compared to some of you, but here are my two pics:

matt3.jpg

And a close up:
100_0180.jpg

What are you talking about? These are great shots! It's always fun seeing how others display their figures.

I'm a bit jealous of those who say their Palpatine is perfect. Mine had a torn shirt underneath his left arm right out of the box. Since it's covered for the most part and the costume isn't that great anyway, I'm not going to bother with returning or exchanging.

I'm really enjoying Sidious a lot better out of the two.

The PANTS are on!!!!

Maybe you or Sean could take a picture for an example of the look. Or, Sean, you could do a still of Sid toppling over his desk. :)

Certainly :) You know what, the stills begin tonight. Yoda vs. Sidious it is :D

screenshot_9.jpg

Back