1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Arrrggghh!

Foiled by the white stuff...

RickJames_cocaine.jpg
:rotfl

And Sean, mine is sans scar as well... but I did notice a few tiny marks on my Palpatine.

I would love for SS to offer a polystone throne expansion pack when they do their ROTJ Sidious. :cool::emperor:cool:
I wouldn't mind either, but NOT if they do it in polystone. There is absolutely no reason why the throne should be done in an expensive material. I thought making Jabba's throne from polystone was already stretching it. $200 for a slab! A nice slab but still. That could have been achieved in less expensive material.

I wouldn't mind either, but NOT if they do it in polystone. There is absolutely no reason why the throne should be done in an expensive material. I thought making Jabba's throne from polystone was already stretching it. $200 for a slab! A nice slab but still. That could have been achieved in less expensive material.

Not to mention other materials would probably be more conducive to having LED's overhead and in the arms.

And Sean, mine is sans scar as well... but I did notice a few tiny marks on my Palpatine.

Thanks, it seems like it's just subtle issues. I've been thinking about it more and given how it looks and where it is, I can live with it, rather than roll the dice and end up with a worse scar or sloppy paint apps, it's the only minor issue on my Sidious head.

I didn't think about the cost of polystone. I wasn't aware it was that expensive of a material. I just wanted something with a little weight and solidity to it.
As far as LEDs and lights I can do without that. I imagine lights would really drive the cost up. I'd be perfectly satisfied with painted buttons.

I didn't think about the cost of polystone. I wasn't aware it was that expensive of a material. I just wanted something with a little weight and solidity to it.
As far as LEDs and lights I can do without that. I imagine lights would really drive the cost up. I'd be perfectly satisfied with painted buttons.

On the arms, I could live with that, but there was a lamp in the part that overhangs the chair, I'd want an LED there, help create the ominous look from the film, that's important, but I can sacrifice buttons you only really see closely for a short moment or two.

Awesome Kuzeh, and congrats, yours appears to be free of production scarring.

Awesome Kuzeh, and congrats, yours appears to be free of production scarring.

Thanks Maul, this are my attempts to have decent pictures with an amateur digital camera. Your pics are inspiring so you'll be seeing some more of my attempts soon!
I noticed that it doesn't have the scarring you mentioned earlier, you should get it replaced by SS. My box arrived pretty busted on one corner though...

Nice collection there Kuzeh.

Thanks!!

Awesome pics, everyone. I just got my two pack set (good job Fedex - it arrived Mint!) and I just love these two figures: sculpt, paint job, and excellent outfits! I love the Palps figure, but the Emperor version is really growing on me.

If Sideshow keeps up this quality, we may not hear as much complaining about the money!:emperor

I noticed that it doesn't have the scarring you mentioned earlier, you should get it replaced by SS. My box arrived pretty busted on one corner though...

I'm just going to live with it. If I didn't know of anyone else having it, I might send it back for another one, but since Michael Crawford's had it and someone said their Palpatine showed a little, I'm not going to go through the hassel. There's too much of a chance that the replacement could be even worse because they're not going to check out the face on it before shipping the new one. It's subtle enough, I'm happy with everything else about both figures, I'm not going to risk jinxing myself. I sent Bespin Luke back because of his wrist pin, the one I got back had a worse wrist pin and the paint apps on the face were a little messy, so unless it's something drasticly bad, I'm not going to bother with returns. Like I said, I have a local comic shop that sells SSC figures, if I go and they have it I'll pick up another set when I can see it in person and know it's ok.

Hey Sean mine has a flaw cut on the right cheek.It doesn't run as far as yours, but it's there never the less.

I've had worse from SSC that I had no problem returning.This set is just too awesome to send back over something so minor.

Btw Medi's Shock trooper looks meant to be right beside Sidious....:chew

Here are my (nothing fancy) shots :eek:

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

Love the chin on old palps!!

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

"Say what again Mother ****er''

DSC00768.jpg

Hey Sean mine has a flaw cut on the right cheek.It doesn't run as far as yours, but it's there never the less.

I've had worse from SSC that I had no problem returning.This set is just too awesome to send back over something so minor.

Thanks for letting me know. Thankfully, there are so many wrinkles and such, it almost blends in seemlessly. If a decent option to get another comes I'll just go that route, but the eyes and everything are so good on mine, it's not worth rolling the dice over. Thanks for sharing all those pictures, the Shock does look good with him. I'll be posting some more pictures later myself.

A few more ROTJ shots :)

"Rise my friend."

L.jpg

"The Death Star will be completed on schedule."

M.jpg

"You've done well Lord Vader, and now I sense you wish to continue your search for young Skywalker."

N.jpg

"Ahh yes, a Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's. By now you must know your father can never be turned from the Dark Side."

O.jpg

"Your over confidence is your weakness." "Your faith in your friends is yours."

P.jpg

Back