1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

It doesn't work because the head is too big and neck is too long for the hood.

Woohoo, FedEx has them in CT, which means they will arrive to me tomorrow as scheduled. Ooooh so excited. Wait'll you guys see what I bring with these.

I've gotten far enough along in my current commissions that I felt I could take a couple of hours to work on Palpatine. I'm not entirely satisfied with his eyes yet, but I still wanted to throw these up and see what you guys think. I used acrylic chalk to darken the inner robe and sleeves and lighten the coat.

I think the last pic looks kind of "presidential."

Palp3.jpg

Palp4.jpg

Palp5.jpg

Palp2.jpg

Beautiful work Mikey... you really made an excellent sculpt look so lifelike. Did you ever do an Old Ben? I can't remember.

Really great, Mikey! Even at this size, the detail is amazing.

And the contrast between tunic and vest is more like the film now. I just watched it last night again and realized how dark that inner tunic really is, lighting or not. I definitely want to darken mine as well, although I'm gonna use the tea bath method.

That looks great Mikey.:rock

I'd like to see some full body shots to get a better look at the robes if you don't mind.:cool:

On FedEx vehicle for delivery :rock I'm so pumped, if delivery works out with my lunch break enough, I may have to snap a few quickies from the office.

On FedEx vehicle for delivery :rock I'm so pumped, if delivery works out with my lunch break enough, I may have to snap a few quickies from the office.

Not right dude :lol J/K

Looking forward to it.

Not right dude :lol J/K

Looking forward to it.

Please, I think Tom personified not right already, not only pictures of 2 dudes together, but the same dude hooking up with himself. I think Palpatine took "go **** yourself" from Yoda too literal in those swing shots :lol

Please, I think Tom personified not right already, not only pictures of 2 dudes together, but the same dude hooking up with himself. I think Palpatine took "go **** yourself" from Yoda too literal in those swing shots :lol

This is true. It just shows really what goes on in Tom's mind. :rotfl

I've gotten far enough along in my current commissions that I felt I could take a couple of hours to work on Palpatine. I'm not entirely satisfied with his eyes yet, but I still wanted to throw these up and see what you guys think. I used acrylic chalk to darken the inner robe and sleeves and lighten the coat.

Wow, that's a great improvement on the robes and paint apps.
Do you mind sharing some tips on that acrylic chalk? I'm sorry, it's completely new to me and I've never heard about it.

Thanks! Mine will be here tomorrow! Can't wait!!:emperor

It doesn't work because the head is too big and neck is too long for the hood.

Really? Oh that sucks...I just bought a Hasbro Emperor last week from Ebay for 2 bucks and it won't work...:monkey2

Palp3.jpg

Palp4.jpg

Palp5.jpg

Palp2.jpg

Mikey I think this is one of your best ones yet! Great work! :cool:

Beautiful work Mikey... you really made an excellent sculpt look so lifelike. Did you ever do an Old Ben? I can't remember.

I did do Old Ben. I'll repost in the Old Ben thread, if you'd like to see it. :D

I'll try to get some better shots of Palpatine from further away soon.

Still waiting for mine from the EU warehouse...

But it's getting me more excited the longer I wait...

Back