1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

On FedEx vehicle for delivery :rock I'm so pumped, if delivery works out with my lunch break enough, I may have to snap a few quickies from the office.

Snapping quickies from the office?... Didn't George get fired for that?-- Nope, my mistake, that was WITH the cleaning lady.:D

I just got mine, and it's an amazing set! I don't usually like villains but I just had to get the red Palpy, though both are equally stunning. The box came in perfect condition, and I have to say, this set ROCKS!

I can't wait to see your pics Sean.

Eh, Fedex better make it today. They're out for delivery but if they don't deliver before the campus post office closes then I'll have to wait for tomorrow, hopefully they aren't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

Mikey your Palpy looks sick! Great work and it is for sure one of my favorites of your work. Kudos:cool:

So... Maulfan, what do you think? Did you pass out?

Well, so far I've only been able to remove Sidious from the package, FedEx came an hour after my break, but I did get ecstatic. The detail on his face is even more than shows up in current photos, and man have photos played down the quality of paint apps on his hair and eyes. Naturally, I quickly posed his hads in a Sith lightning manner. Few more hours and as Anakin would say "this is where the fun begins." :emperor

I'm so nuts, I made a small playlist of Palptine and Emperor themed songs from the saga score just to get in the mood :D

Well, we're glad you're still with us, at least. I was beginning to think we might have to send a search & rescue squad out for you. :lol

Well, we're glad you're still with us, at least. I was beginning to think we might have to send a search & rescue squad out for you. :lol

Nahhh, if I'm struck down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine :D

Nahhh, if I'm struck down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine :D

Wrong character. You need to move on from Ben and onto the evil ones. :lol

Like this:

"Strike me down with all of your hate and your journey toward the Darkside will be complete!"

:emperor

Wrong character. You need to move on from Ben and onto the evil ones. :lol

Like this:

"Strike me down with all of your hate and your journey toward the Darkside will be complete!"

:emperor

Doh! Dammit, I didn't think of that one lol. How dare you correct me, "now you will experience the full power of the Dark Side!" :emperor :lol

I was incredibly surprised with it. While I didn't spend much time with Sidious, I've been crazy for Palpatine. His costume is one of the best Sideshow has done. I pinched a few seams so that his sleeves have the massive width the original costume has, and it looks absolutely superb. He's easily up there with Jedi Luke and Old Ben for me--and this from somebody who doesn't even like bad guys! What a figure. If only Sidious had as much appeal for me; for now he's just lurking in the shadows behind the other, more beloved figures of my collection. :lol

Different strokes for different folks Cap, so long as what you care about comes out alright. Palpatine is great, but of the 2 Sidious appeals to me more. I'd probably be Old Ben raving about Palpatine had he come alone, but since it's a 2pack, he loses out to his darker side. I plan to futz with the costume to try and get that film look tonight, we'll see how that works out.

Finally was able to pick it up. Really great figures, it ended up that one of the black stand stick thingys was missing so I'll have to get a replacement, right now Palpatine is standing free, and I don't know how long that will last.

I'd take pictures but my camera isn't working.

Just got home, first shots coming soon. Right away though, I had no issue getting his collar up, not sure where people had issue with that, just uses your fingers and some tweezers and you can get it through.

Nice pics Badmoon. I should have got these two.

Palpatine up first.

A.jpg

B.jpg

And now first Sidious stuff, and first attempt at Sith lightining, not happy though, will keep refining my method.

A.jpg

B.jpg

Back