1/6 REDMAN TOYS Entrepreneur - There Will Be Tears...before bedtime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man you can tailor make a 1/1 custom suit with $250... you're getting 5/6 less than what you've paid for...

man you can tailor make a 1/1 custom suit with $250... you're getting 5/6 less than what you've paid for...

Except it won't be made by a pixie master-tailor from the finest spider webs that can be found in the magic forest (and bear in mind that the magic forest is a very dangerous place to go into).

Sadly, this is where Redman fail. They refuse to pay the pixies' asking price.

In terms of the amount of material, sure. But it depends on your point of view. Like I said, you have to be willing to pay extra for it. Many are.

i'm sure a 1/1 tailor can reproduce a 1/6 without much issue, sure the margin of error is higher, but it's easier to work on, and the materials used is 1/6. i'm sure they're more than happy to charge half the price you are paying for a 1/1 suit, and it's still cheaper.

man you can tailor make a 1/1 custom suit with $250....

bajo.jpg

i'm sure a 1/1 tailor can reproduce a 1/6 without much issue, sure the margin of error is higher, but it's easier to work on, and the materials used is 1/6. i'm sure they're more than happy to charge half the price you are paying for a 1/1 suit, and it's still cheaper.

You're missing the point, like any piece of art, the value will be determined by whether the buyer is ok with paying those prices.

It's art, don't expect to be able to rationally compare the value of 1/1 and these 1/6 goods like that.

Besides, a 1/1 tailor probably couldn't do 1/6 that easily because of the scale difference. Becoming as good as Yunsil, who is one of the best 1/6 tailors out there and does the outfits for Rainman, Velvet Morning, K. Jun and other commissions for board members on here, must take practice and lots and lots of dedicated time and effort. Actually, because it's smaller, it would probably be more difficult to work on, with just as high a margin for error as 1/1. Another thing to keep in mind is that these commissions, for around $250 each, actually helps sustain the artists who do this for a living, their families etc.

If you don't value 1/6 scale figures as art, then there's no way that you're ever going to pay that kind of money for a figure, and that's fine. It doesn't mean that the people who do are crazy by any means, and there's usually good justification for these prices.

If you don't value 1/6 scale figures as art, then there's no way that you're ever going to pay that kind of money for a figure, and that's fine. It doesn't mean that the people who do are crazy by any means, and there's usually good justification for these prices.

Do you think there's an upper limit, as there's this $22,000 Anakin figure I'm really interested in...

You would be wrong. I know a few tailors and costume designers (I design for theatre) and they are damn good at what they do, and all have told me they couldn't do this stuff. Tailoring for this scale is not just about shrinking the patterns down. There is a process of assembly require to make it possible.

:goodpost: Listen to Robbie, he knows what he's talking about.

Do you think there's an upper limit, as there's this $22,000 Anakin figure I'm really interested in...

I still think that guy was ripped off. :lol

But yes, like I said, the price will be determined by whether a person is willing to pay that price for a figure. And that guy was willing... for some reason. :lol Eh, it doesn't matter to me. Just like this stuff shouldn't matter to users like potato, superado and jstep who are clearly never going to buy a Rainman figure.

You're missing the point, like any piece of art, the value will be determined by whether the buyer is ok with paying those prices.

It's art, don't expect to be able to rationally compare the value of 1/1 and these 1/6 goods like that.

Besides, a 1/1 tailor probably couldn't do 1/6 that easily because of the scale difference. Becoming as good as Yunsil, who is one of the best 1/6 tailors out there and does the outfits for Rainman, Velvet Morning, K. Jun and other commissions for board members on here, must take practice and lots and lots of dedicated time and effort. Actually, because it's smaller, it would probably be more difficult to work on, with just as high a margin for error as 1/1. Another thing to keep in mind is that these commissions, for around $250 each, actually helps sustain the artists who do this for a living, their families etc.

don't forget, 1/6 suits doesn't have the details a 1/1 has, it's close, but lots of details are lost or not possible to achieve on a 1/6 scale.

i would say margin of error is tighter on 1/6 and sewing areas needs to be smaller, but that doesn't mean a 1/1 tailor wouldn't be able to handle it. concept is the same, why i say it's easier to handle, because it's smaller, smaller working space and errors are easier to spot because you eyes are focusing on the whole piece. manufacturing process is more or less the same as 1/1, and i would say despite lower margin of error, it's still alot faster to complete compared to 1/1.

same as sculpting, you're not gonna say it's easier to make a 1/1 head-sculpt compared to a 1/6. each have their difficulties but a decent sculptor would be able to handle any scales up to their physical limits. A 1/10000 scale might be tricky but people have done it with needles.

Ok, not having seen the film this is associated with, does this character/movie really warrant the need for this figure? How big of a buying audience are we talking about here? And why is that wand from the Harry Potter movies on fire? Did he really hate the wand that much?

Ok, not having seen the film this is associated with, does this character/movie really warrant the need for this figure?

Sure, if you loved it. It's an incredible DDL performance and a great film IMO.

How big of a buying audience are we talking about here?

Enough to support full Rainman treatment and a further clothing set down the line... and now this monstrosity.

And why is that wand from the Harry Potter movies on fire? Did he really hate the wand that much?

Watch the movie. :wink1:

You couldn't be more wrong.

just started watching this movie, boy is the guy dumb like a potato or what. lit they dynamite up before he climbs out, what worse is after he climbs up he start to pull up his gears? should have pulled up the gear before he climbs up dumb f after lighting up the stick.

and was the producer crap or what, the rope was not damaged at all after the dynamite blew up. and the wooden planks on the stairs merely came loose. if that dynamite can blow up rocks, pretty sure the ladders & ropes a goner being so close to the blast.

$250 custom tailored suit.

that is a scam my friend.

unless the tailor works for free and they use polyester.

$250 custom tailored suit.

that is a scam my friend.

unless the tailor works for free and they use polyester.

that is why people make their prescription glasses & suits when they go on holiday in cheaper places. you can make 3 of them for the price of one, instant getting back your air ticket expenses. custom glasses can be made in 1 day, suit probably within 5. Hotels & food are also cheaper than you stay at home.

Back