Redman 1/6 Figure Feedback: How is the quality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up the RM055 Maverick but don't have anything else by them to guage. How is the quality of a typical Redman figure itself? The sculpt looks good, but I still haven't seen any reviews and it's already out there.

Thanks in advance!

So the deal with redman, though I’m not judging but many will, is they are rip offs of artist works, sculpts stolen and profited off without anyones consent. It’s a controversial area because many of the “stolen” sculpts are custom sculpts not licensed in the first place.

From my many many many years in the hobby I can tell you something recasted and mass produced in PVC look significantly worse than the original sculpt and to make matters worse what they are shooting in the prototype pictures are usually the original sculpt and tailor they are ripping off meaning you get something significantly worse looking than you see in the pics. So you are seeing a hand made custom worth several thousands of dollars and getting some mass produced crap worth about 150.

Some parts quality range from decent to terrible it depends on the figures and parts. Expect something that looks and feels a lot worse than a hot toys.

Expect heads with softer detail, sloppier and flatter paint jobs and a lot of distortion due to the casting and recasting in PVC. Bulky clothes with sloppy seams and material that does not sit right. Cheap brittle bodies with loose joints. Sometimes the acessories can be nice or useful. I’ve picked up many of the original acessories the figures come with for my customs. Sometimes I need to alter or repaint them though .

Many third party companies who do their own unique figures even if they are unlicensed rival hot toys. One that comes to mind is soosoo toys. For example their unlicensed boys blow away the officially licensed star ace ones.

And present toys, which I think are sometimes actually redman toys, do have a few items that look ok in their figures.

In almost every case the head would need a full repaint.

If you want something that looks like the prototype pictures you will have to hunt down the original custom items. With patience and budget you will almost always find this stuff in time if you know where to look.

If you want something that looks like a mediocre knock off the redman figure is the best option for that,

Again I’m not judging. I don’t condone artist work being stolen but I believe many artists need to be proactive about their work being copied and work with these third parties upfront for the cheap knock off version to ensure they profit off the lending of the sculpt, and at the same time be transparent with the buyers of the original run that is happening, those who want the quality know they need to pay for it.

But I’m personally a bit biased, I’m far more democratic in my approach to collecting. I know
Some collectors thrive on items becusse they are exclusive but I don’t believe in exclusivity, I think the more the hobby strengthens and grows the more collectible options people have and the more people that are into this stuff, will bring employment for more artists in the hobby.

Last edited:
If you’re looking for a cheap alternative, and as Ray stated, don’t mind that they rip off other custom work, they are okay… but be prepared, most of their bodies are just the cheap crap you get off eBay, so more than likely you have to replace them.

I took a chance on their recast Vincent and Mia figures from Pulp Fiction and they were cheap and flimsy as hell. So I would not trust their product pics at all. And would recommend waiting for some reviews first before ordering anything.

Thank you everyone for your input here! Very much appreciated!!

Back