1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This blue Dracula they call it has so many problems. The top hat is too tall and not the right shape and color,the hair isn't dark enough and the hairline should be higher up the forehead. The gloves need to be darker and the spats are missing from his congress gaiters. The ascot is the wrong pattern and color. Oldman's eyebrows are a lighter color.

This blue Dracula they call it has so many problems. The top hat is too tall and not the right shape and color,the hair isn't dark enough and the hairline should be higher up the forehead. The gloves need to be darker and the spats are missing from his congress gaiters. The ascot is the wrong pattern and color. Oldman's eyebrows are a lighter color.
You are correct. Hat is definitely a tad too tall.

I'm considering dying the hair and repainting the gloves.

Going to see about the hat in hand to see what I can do with it.

Hairline isn't as big an issue when displaying him with the hat, but yeah hairline should definitely be farther up.

Hair should also be more curled.

But you are getting what you pay for. For only $165 it's workable. 20190122_104642.jpegbram-stokers-dracula.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dracula Blue has landed!

The futzing begins. First things first I needed to cut the hair shorter in front. Heated up the hat and squashed it down a tad and stretch the brim to fit lower on the head. Water treated the outfit. I may still actually iron the outfit to get some of the wrinkles out if the water treatment doesn't work.

Also going to attempt some mods to get the suit to fit tighter. It is a tad baggy.FB_IMG_1548189360164.jpegFB_IMG_1548189365741.jpegFB_IMG_1548189369526.jpeg

Dracula Blue has landed!

The futzing begins. First things first I needed to cut the hair shorter in front. Heated up the hat and squashed it down a tad and stretch the brim to fit lower on the head. Water treated the outfit. I may still actually iron the outfit to get some of the wrinkles out if the water treatment doesn't work.

Also going to attempt some mods to get the suit to fit tighter. It is a tad baggy.View attachment 441061View attachment 441062View attachment 441063

Both of these look great to me. Whatever it is they are doing, reverse engineering, 3D printing, re-casting.....it's certainly a less expensive alternative for people who don't wish to pay a zillion dollars to have the character represented in their collection.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with this set. And I'll definitely be getting their Lost Boys David as well.

There are some collectors who collect for the "artwork" involved. Some collect to just have certain characters represented in their collection. It's a win win for both groups in my opinion.

I love Bram Stokers Dracula but I'd never pay $1000-$2000 for a figure of the character.FB_IMG_1548192793193.jpegFB_IMG_1548192783257.jpegFB_IMG_1548192780484.jpeg

Thing is would it really cost them that much to sculpt their own sculpts? :dunno

Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery. Although I doubt that's why Redman takes this route. If they aren't outright re-casts, and someone is simply reverse engineering them (in other words, producer plops a Rainman or Iminime down in front of sculptors and tailors and says : "Make ours look just like this one") then the producer (Redman) gets the best of both worlds. He has a ready made audience of people. Those who are/were impressed enough with the artists he is mimicking~~yet missed the boat due to expense or simply being late to the party. Whatever the case, Redman has found his niche. Some may say as a bottom feeder, others may argue as an affordable alternative.

I own a Rainman Psycho DX set. My wife sold her vacation days at work to buy it for me. A true sacrificing gesture, as she knows I love Psycho. I consider it one of the greatest horror vehicles ever made. If Redman reverse engineered this set to make it more affordable or accessible to those who missed it, it wouldn't bother me in the least. In point of fact, I may buy his set as well, especially if offered in color. Even if offered in Black and White, as the Rainman set was, I may get one. Because it would be cheap enough to re-paint the figures in color myself.

It's kind of like having an Amazing Spiderman #1, and getting upset because someone offers a reprint either in Marvel Tales, an Omnibus, a tpb, etc. It's never going to affect the value of an original ASM#1. It also let's other folks be part of the party. That aspect of all this I am totally ok with.

If the guy is just making molds of Rainman or Iminime's stuff (or Cult King or whomever), well then that's a whole different snuffiluffigus I guess.:lecture:lecture

Imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery. Although I doubt that's why Redman takes this route. If they aren't outright re-casts, and someone is simply reverse engineering them (in other words, producer plops a Rainman or Iminime down in front of sculptors and tailors and says : "Make ours look just like this one") then the producer (Redman) gets the best of both worlds. He has a ready made audience of people. Those who are/were impressed enough with the artists he is mimicking~~yet missed the boat due to expense or simply being late to the party. Whatever the case, Redman has found his niche. Some may say as a bottom feeder, others may argue as an affordable alternative.

I own a Rainman Psycho DX set. My wife sold her vacation days at work to buy it for me. A true sacrificing gesture, as she knows I love Psycho. I consider it one of the greatest horror vehicles ever made. If Redman reverse engineered this set to make it more affordable or accessible to those who missed it, it wouldn't bother me in the least. In point of fact, I may buy his set as well, especially if offered in color. Even if offered in Black and White, as the Rainman set was, I may get one. Because it would be cheap enough to re-paint the figures in color myself.

It's kind of like having an Amazing Spiderman #1, and getting upset because someone offers a reprint either in Marvel Tales, an Omnibus, a tpb, etc. It's never going to affect the value of an original ASM#1. It also let's other folks be part of the party. That aspect of all this I am totally ok with.

If the guy is just making molds of Rainman or Iminime's stuff (or Cult King or whomever), well then that's a whole different snuffiluffigus I guess.:lecture:lecture
I agree [emoji817].

I have a full Iminime DX Wallace figure that I paid close to $1000 for. Later Kaustic produced a cheaper alternative. Am I upset that I have the iminime? Not in the least.

I've also pumped a LOT of money into acquiring the ultimate Indy and Michael Myers.

If tomorrow Redman announced a copy of either of those again I wouldn't care. I have the original works and I'm more than happy with it.

It's just nice to see other people have another option.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with this set. And I'll definitely be getting their Lost Boys David as well.

There are some collectors who collect for the "artwork" involved. Some collect to just have certain characters represented in their collection. It's a win win for both groups in my opinion.

I love Bram Stokers Dracula but I'd never pay $1000-$2000 for a figure of the character.View attachment 441078View attachment 441079View attachment 441080

For the price I paid, I’m competely happy with how this turned out. Both versions make awesome and essential additions to my 1/6 vampire collection.

Here is a short review for the Blue version if anyone is interested. Like the Red, you can beat the price for what you get.

I did a light repaint of the red Dracula hairs.
I did not liked all that undertone pink.
In these pictures the shades are not clear but are there. Now I think it is more screen accurate.
All that pink was due to photography...
cbb72274054c5fdcef62ad582017f280.jpg

23dc186ff429576f9bbef2b5e2df77fe.jpg

7d59a281e14a60cfffce8c864946d0d9.jpg

2ff9de3a9636a534031ec81cef6f4635.jpg

Now I’m considering in making the skin a little paler...

Done. Repainted face,hairs and hands.
Pretty happy. Now I love this figure!
08886e45c3799b34c09c47157c50b3ee.jpg

ee3f1f422582dab509fa5c572025d501.jpg

e28bb5825f1f1b542014e77919563177.jpg

Back