1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know if you buy this, you're buying from a company that recasted original work from the original artist and he's upset. By purchasing into this you're saying it's okay to steal a person's work and sell it off as your own. But whatever floats your boat guys.

Yup! Never had any issue with this. Even when I had time to sculpt and sell myself, I encouraged people to recast and resell at will. This is a hobby, not a business. Besides, most of the figures coming out, being recast or not, don’t pay for a license to do so, so thieves will be thieves. Oh, and since I don’t believe in the concept of art, this side of the problem isn’t an issue for me.

Finally, let me tell you that everyone has to deal with his own conscience afterwards: I’m happy some people recast or sell unlicensed stuff for people like me that cannot afford the outrageous prices of customizers. However, I myself would never recast and resell. The very few recast I have done were for friends and I offered them.

You know if you buy this, you're buying from a company that recasted original work from the original artist and he's upset. By purchasing into this you're saying it's okay to steal a person's work and sell it off as your own. But whatever floats your boat guys.

Its been discussed many time, the flip side is he never got the royalties to make this figure from Oldman, Coppola or the Studio.

So who is not stealing from someone at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, not this crap again. Is it stealing if made illegally in the first place? I don't think so. That would be the equivalent to running to the cops saying someone stole your cocaine. Good luck with that.

Ugh, not this crap again. Is it stealing if made illegally in the first place? I don't think so. That would be the equivalent to running to the cops saying someone stole your cocaine. Good luck with that.

It's always funny when those news stories pop up from time to time about people doing just that lol.

Right???? Please change the record.......

I did a small comparison on the items list and there are more changes than the metal lantern:

1.0 version
1) has a metal shaving knife
2) has Dracula's wolf statue head
3) has old hs
4) missing the stand with logo from 2.0 version
5) missing the metal lantern from 2.0 version

2.0 version
1) has a stand with logo
2) has a metal lantern
3) improved new hs
4) missing the metal shaving knife
5) missing Dracula's wolf statue head

So actually the 2.0 version misses 2 items, Dracula's wolf head being the most important one.

thanks for the detailed list!
As for the hs, what are the differences? I don't see any..

The hobby has gone kinda whack anyway! It's become such a segregated hobby, you have too meet a certain criteria to be part of a custom facebook group.
You're looked down on for kitbashing or having something someone doesn't like.

We really need to think priorities and learn to treat each other like humans. Then there are some amazing people in this hobby who have insane collections.

If you wanna buy recast work my outlook is go for it but don't flaunt it or pass it off as the OG.
Collect what you like and as long as you are happy with your collection that's what matters.

I got recast ones and when people look at my detolf, I tell them they are all originals.

8585b7010518e8140f2ae8cbd9b992c4.jpg

Our repaint.

Yup! Never had any issue with this. Even when I had time to sculpt and sell myself, I encouraged people to recast and resell at will. This is a hobby, not a business. Besides, most of the figures coming out, being recast or not, don’t pay for a license to do so, so thieves will be thieves. Oh, and since I don’t believe in the concept of art, this side of the problem isn’t an issue for me.

Finally, let me tell you that everyone has to deal with his own conscience afterwards: I’m happy some people recast or sell unlicensed stuff for people like me that cannot afford the outrageous prices of customizers. However, I myself would never recast and resell. The very few recast I have done were for friends and I offered them.

You don't believe in the concept of art? Like how? I am not being smart, I am sincerely interested.

Btw, if anyone is hovering and waiting to hear what the Redman Dracula Red 2.0 is like - my answer is fantastic!!
the pink tone to the face and hair is gone, he is now a far more accurate pale white flesh-like tone.
He is a magnificent figure to behold, he's really a standout in the collection that rivals (and surpasses) many Hot Toys in the detolfs.
If you have been cogitating on buying him - pick him up, he's worth it.

Finally got around to trying to build a diorama for my original Rainman Victorian Dracula and the Redman Mina. I have all versions of Redman Draculas and Rainman Red Dracula too. I'm not a model maker, and this is the second diorama I've attempted, so had a lot of learning to do as I went. Took 3 weeks' worth of evenings. Making all the books individually was a pain in the $%^@! There's a few easter eggs in in the model. Need to futz the figures now.

View attachment 619982

View attachment 619981

View attachment 619989

View attachment 619988

And this is the 1st diorama I made around 6 years ago.

The cross is by Doggiedoc and painted by me. Altar and walls are all painted foam.

View attachment 619987
Nice work, that would go well with my Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Jack The Ripper custom figure.

Back