1/6 Quantum Mechanix (QMx) Justified (Raylan Givens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look like it's changed any since the last pictures. Still haven't even glued the hat down. But, it's a good sign it's still making an appearance at conventions.

The boots are still impressive.

SnakeDoc

Time to resurrect the dead- so was Raylan ever officially cancelled or did he just stop showing up at conventions. Either way it’s not looking good.
I just started rewatching Justified and was instantly enamoured with Raylan all over again. The man is just pure cool.

Time to resurrect the dead- so was Raylan ever officially cancelled or did he just stop showing up at conventions. Either way it?s not looking good.
I just started rewatching Justified and was instantly enamoured with Raylan all over again. The man is just pure cool.

One of the company high ups pretty much came out and said the project was considered dead. At this point I'm not sure if that is good or bad. But I agree Raylan is absolutely awesome and I'm looking forward to Olyphant in The Mandalorian. If there ever were such a thing as high quality 1/6 Raylan and Boyd I definitely would buy both.

It seemed like a long shot to release anyway, but yeah I'm still bummed it never got made since the sculpt looked really solid.

Of course it would have been hard for them to top this amazing custom by Chris Donaldson on FB:

33429070_1740121329413493_7142934739605782528_n.jpg

33304781_1740121722746787_57203557018894336_n.jpg

I actually emailed QMX about this figure earlier this year they said "At this point we do not have plans to produce this figure in the near future." also asked about the SPN figures and was told they was still in development.

which is a shame because the Raylan figure looked stunning.

It seemed like a long shot to release anyway, but yeah I'm still bummed it never got made since the sculpt looked really solid.

Of course it would have been hard for them to top this amazing custom by Chris Donaldson on FB:

View attachment 488151

View attachment 488152
Oh man, what are you doing to me?! That’s amazing. I’m gonna have to hunt down an Olyphant sculpt and get to work.

That custom is awesome. I really thought qmx was going to come through and passed on the Sean Dabbs head. Give you a guess on how much I love the character; my second sons name is Raylan.

Ok, does anyone know the components of that custom or have some decent suggestions? I love that look so I’m just gonna copy it as best as possible. The coat, denim shirt, holster and boots have to be show accurate and I’m actually willing to buy quality 1/6 clothes for this one. I’m shopping around but figured life would be easier if anyone here can help.

The sculpt was by Warriors Gate Productions, but it was from many years ago so who knows if they still sell it.

The sculpt was actually the easiest thing to attain- unpainted though- but I can take care of that. It’s the jacket I most need to get right Looks similar to the black box Constantine or HT nick Fury coats.

The sculpt is still available from Warriors Gate. I was in touch with them just last week as, after working on my Raylan figure during lockdown, I wanted to get hold of the unhatted Raylan head and Boyd as my next projects.

I'm pretty sure the coat in the Chris Donaldson custom, and others I've seen online, is the Eleven 1/6 Scale Black Trench Coat from OneSixthKit (I have since ordered one and got my jeans and boots from Kit too).

RG2.jpg

RG3.jpg

The sculpt is still available from Warriors Gate. I was in touch with them just last week as, after working on my Raylan figure during lockdown, I wanted to get hold of the unhatted Raylan head and Boyd as my next projects.

I'm pretty sure the coat in the Chris Donaldson custom, and others I've seen online, is the Eleven 1/6 Scale Black Trench Coat from OneSixthKit (I have since ordered one and got my jeans and boots from Kit too).

View attachment 488235

View attachment 488236

That looks really damn good!

Yeah that’s shaping up really nice. I’ve opted for a dark grey US raincoat which I’ll have to dye black (along with a grey Henley shirt- couldn’t find any in black.) Was considering the 11 trench coat from Kit but wanted to see if this other one is less thick first. Could go either way but I want the lankiness and slim shoulders of givens Givens to be apparent. Will probably have to take up the bottom as well so it drapes just above his knees.
Got all the other parts sourced and flying in from all around the world- except the head. Turns out I ordered the last one but it’s a defective cast so now I’m waiting a few weeks for the next batch to be produced. But good news for everyone still after the head- there are more on the way!

The only things that have proven impossible to find are the holster and badge clip so I assume people have just been cutting that out of some leather themselves?
I’ve found a shoulder harness that looks like I can just chop the holster off and it’ll work and then simply cut a badge clip out of the remains to glue the badge onto. Can’t wait to have this finished. It’s my first real in depth bash and bloody hell its hard work finding everything you want.

I think, when it’s done, I’ll make a customs thread that shows everything I used to make Boyd and Raylan and link where I get them so other people don’t have to go through the same struggles of tracking everything down and risking dodgy eBay sellers.

View attachment 488235

View attachment 488236

That looks dynamite. Just emailed Warriors Gate through their website. If I don?t hear back I?ll try through Facebook. Didn?t think they still had the head available.

Back