1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1979 - when all the cool kids were born
I wholeheartedly agree, I am also a '79 child. Which incidentally is the year Alien was released, another movie classic.

I got my Joker today...I'm just amazed and so happy with it, Mars did a superb job. Definitely a fan, though unlikely I hope another original joker release will happen at some point, unless I try to pick up the previous release or a DX08.

Which finger should he wear the buzzer on?
Not the pinkie, not the pointer and not the naughty one. 😁

IMG_0581.jpeg

Not the pinkie, not the pointer and not the naughty one. 😁

View attachment 688222
Thank you!

May as well have him wearing it since he can't really hold any of the other other accessories. What were Hot Toys thinking with these hands. Time for Mars to do their own or someone else to make some.

The hands with the Romero Joker are a joy, both in the number of options and how well they work.

Maybe we should repaint the Romero Joker hands in Nicholson glove colors?
it's not a bad idea as a last resort, but they aren't really the same type of gloves though. Nicholson's gloves were a bit more bulky, probably b/c they were velvet plus the folded down wrist area which would be missing from the Mars gloves. Romero's were a bit more tight/form fitting.

it's not a bad idea as a last resort, but they aren't really the same type of gloves though. Nicholson's gloves were a bit more bulky, probably b/c they were velvet plus the folded down wrist area which would be missing from the Mars gloves. Romero's were a bit more tight/form fitting.

Not ideal, but if you want more hand gestures, Romero has a lot.

1979 - when all the cool kids were born
Gen X or Millennial?

I’ve seen that year identified as both, seems to border both generations. At the end of the day, i guess it’s all arbitrary. :lol

Gen X or Millennial?

I’ve seen that year identified as both, seems to border both generations. At the end of the day, i guess it’s all arbitrary. :lol
I've heard it called Xennial. Gen X childhood, 80's cartoons, analogue toys, playing outside, Millennial teens, digital age, internet, home PC's, CD's etc.

Yes, sir. Actually I guess I was ten. I think the film came out in the summer as a block buster and my bday is third quarter of the year.

Hell idk. I remember the magic around that film tho.
I was too young to see Batman but I remember walking by with my dad and the line at the cinema must have been 80-100 yds long. First time I ever saw that happen, I've not seen it since. Amazing.

I was 13 when the movie hit theaters. My older brother took me to see it . We got the little pamphlet of Batman products as we entered the theater, action figures, clothing, coffee mug etc., which I poured over right until the movie started. Still have it somewhere.

My earliest memory of the film is the teaser posters, a portion of the bat symbol with a date, put up in the theaters. I remember wondering just what type of Batman movie it was going to be as I walked by them since I was only acquainted with the on screen character associated to the 1960’s show and Superfriends cartoon. By the time the promo shots, Taco Bell ads, tv previews and trading cards hit I was thoroughly enthralled.

Those Topps trading cards. Wow! I couldn’t wait to get a new pack as soon as I had the money for them. I had never seen a live action Batman character like it. Menacing, all black suit with the bright yellow oval and unique bat symbol on his chest.

I still remember sitting in the theater as the initial shot of the camera scrolling along the bat symbol began playing with Danny Elfman’s score playing in the background. The single most memorable movie experience of my life and the hype surrounding the film in those days was incredible. Once in a lifetime experience when it comes to a movie for me.

IMG_0585.jpeg

Back