1:6 Marion Ravenwood portrait (New pictures added 3/30/2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Marion Ravenwood portrait

Silentsurfer... what brand of paint do you use? Do you use acrylic Vallejo's?
thanks

I don't know how much the Vallejo paint costs, but I prefer Testors "Model Master Acryl." Great paint. Layers well. It doesn't dry very glossy. They aren't cheap, but not too expensive. They come is small glass bottles. It's the kind of paint Les Walker uses. My brother tends to use cheaper paint that can be bought in bulk. He almost always seals it with Model Master clearcoat, though.

Testors - Model Master Acryl

photo-1.jpg

heres a quick wip of my marion custom. ive had the head for a little while now and thought its about time i did something with it. the dress is barbie and with a few modifications should look ok.
i got the body (the hardest bit) from ebay. took a while to find a cheap figure that had seamless arms. ive added a link below for anyone interested.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140439606756&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

next up is painting the head!

WOW! That looks absolutely awesome! I think I know which Barbie dress that is -- had my eye on one like it for just this custom. Looks great stripped down or whatever you did. Its the one that comes with the sheer stuff for the shoulders, right?

The dress is as it comes straight out the packaging. Havnt touchednit yet. Comea with shoes (too small) a veil, which i was gonna use on yhe shoulders, and gloves n flowers. Its yhe closest thing ive found so far

The dress is as it comes straight out the packaging. Havnt touchednit yet. Comea with shoes (too small) a veil, which i was gonna use on yhe shoulders, and gloves n flowers. Its yhe closest thing ive found so far

Yep, that's the one! Glad to know it works so well. I have a pic of the dress in its packaging but it has no name or anything...so you have to search through 800+ white dresses on ebay!

Anyway, great find! I think the material and fit of that dress is perfect! Best I've seen yet. Eager to see what you do.

I still got my Bar Marion half done and I'd really like to figure out a way to finish her off. I may have to try more searching. All I need is the damn shirt and she'd be practically done. If I can't find a satisfactory shirt, I may go your way with that dress.

Yep, that's the one! Glad to know it works so well. I have a pic of the dress in its packaging but it has no name or anything...so you have to search through 800+ white dresses on ebay!

Anyway, great find! I think the material and fit of that dress is perfect! Best I've seen yet. Eager to see what you do.

I still got my Bar Marion half done and I'd really like to figure out a way to finish her off. I may have to try more searching. All I need is the damn shirt and she'd be practically done. If I can't find a satisfactory shirt, I may go your way with that dress.

i had a look on the packagin, your right, there is no name or reference i can give (annoyingly!). ill keep you up to date with my progress. i dont intend to do too much to the dress.
i have to admit i was torn between the 2 versions of marion but for me the white dress was more iconic. good luck with your shirt hunt!

i was torn between the 2 versions of marion but for me the white dress was more iconic. good luck with your shirt hunt!

I started on the Bar version first because I thought there were more items available and someone said they'd do the shirt. :mad: I always figured I'd end up doing both.

Do those arms bend?

Yes i just checked the arms do bend, in a slightly unatural rubbery way but still looks ok

That looks like a perfect "Bantu Wind" dress the way it is!

Shame on me, i had to google bantu wind (never knew that was the ships name!) and then flick through raiders, but your right, its not far off that dress

He still has them listed on eBay. They're $150 painted. But if you want it unpainted, PM him, like Gruff said.

I still want both Marion head sculpts. So I'll be sending a PM to Snyder-man myself.

Back