1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man! They look awesome Jas and Pete!! Excellent job to you all!

Keep going on with all your enthusiasm and effort! They are beautiful!

Santi from Spain

Thanks guys
Another dio built this weekend and is currently being tested. FlyandFight :wink1:

Just waiting on some feedback from Pete, as I gave him a couple of options in relation to the masking around the light openings.

Jas

I've started to lay on some primer

I'll get the priming finished tomorrow and them they'll need to sit for a day to cure before I wet sand them ready for the top coats.

Pete

Wow that v3.0 has come to life with just the primer, its hard to visualise when I'm designing and building how they will look with some paint on :clap
Great job

Thanks for the kind comments guys

I've got all the prep done and I'm literally just about to start slinging some paint on the metallic areas

The big boy is up first and I think it's going to be akward to handle due to its size ( that's what she said )
Later on I'll take a pic with a figure to try and give and idea of the scale of it

Knowing that the smaller version fits perfectly inside a Detolf shelf space, I'm loving the larger and wider version even more!

Can't wait!

0e862cea202a702f7cdaad715ed235f8.jpg

Last edited:
Time for another update and I had a slight colour malfunction .

Managed to paint all the steps aluminium instead of steel. :slap
I wonder if I can buy a talent button for my arbrush on eBay

Nice and shiny though

Soon put right after a coat of Alclad steel and some pale burnt metal

And the rest also

A bit shade added to give a grimy look

And of course the others got the same treatment

And with a figure for scale on the V 3.0

Time for another update and I had a slight colour malfunction .

Managed to paint all the steps aluminium instead of steel. :slap
I wonder if I can buy a talent button for my arbrush on eBay

Nice and shiny though

Soon put right after a coat of Alclad steel and some pale burnt metal

And the rest also

Yeah! I used to build 1/48 and 1/35 model kits ALCLAD metallic cote paints and i agree that they are the BEST i saw. So Pete i do believe you are an excellent model kit painter. Those cote paints are not cheap and those are the best in market for 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, 1/35 model kits. I saw your 1/48? CORSAIR on your desk. So i guess you are an outstanding model kit painter.

Keep doing your best. I trust in you. Excellent job!

Santi from Spain.

Are only 4 being made?

No mate, this is just the first batch, I build these individually and will be honest they are taking longer than expected to machine and put together, so to keep things moving and to get them out to our customers as fast as we can me & Pete meet up every couple of Months (as Pete lives in a neighbouring country to me) and hand over any completed builds and talk about future projects.

@ Pete looking good as always buddy :clap

Jas

Back