1/6 Big Chief Studios - 11th Doctor TARDIS 1:6 Scale Figure Dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevb0977

Super Freak
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords of Gallifrey, the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) can transport its occupants to any point in time and any place in the universe. The TARDIS is dimensionally transcendental, meaning it’s bigger on the inside than the outside. The interior exists in a different, relative dimension to the exterior.

The TARDIS can blend in with its surroundings using the ship's “chameleon circuit”. Unfortunately the Doctor pilots a stolen, unreliable, obsolete Type 40, Mark 1 TARDIS and its chameleon circuit is broken, leaving it stuck in the shape of a British police box after a visit to London in 1963.
The TARDIS is sturdier than it appears and has survived missile attacks, extreme temperatures, gunfire, alien onslaughts and even the assembled hordes of Genghis Khan. The ship is both ancient and remarkable, endures as an icon of hope and remains harder to defeat than many would first imagine, like the Doctor himself.

BIG Chief Studios are proud to announce the first in a series of 1:6 Scale Diorama Environments - the 11th Doctor's TARDIS.
Eagerly awaited by Doctor Who fans, this release is the most accurate scaled reproduction to date. Our artists have spent months studying all available reference and were given access to the actual shooting prop to ensure that our TARDIS is the most exact replica in every detail. From selecting the most appropriate wood to achieve an accurate scaled grain effect, to the lantern that adorns the roof, every detail has been carefully reproduced. The attention to detail is breathtaking, this is a huge piece.

Produced in sturdy, heavy weight polystone, the TARDIS has an internal illumination system, a light-up lantern, an opening door and interchangeable series 5 and 7 control room backdrops. The rooftop is removable to access the battery compartment.
Estimated shipping June - July 2015.

Why not spread the cost and budget for your collectables purchases more effectively with one of our flexible Payment Plans, starting as low as £38.33 (incl. VAT) per month?

As a special bonus incentive, if you choose to pay in full, or via one of our Payment Plans, you will receive an exclusive FREE gift - the 11th Doctor’s three quarter length green military styled overcoat. Perfectly tailored for your 11th Doctor 1:6 Scale Collector Figure, this offer is available while stocks last.

We have worked hard to negotiate special shipping rates with our carriers for our international customers. Shipping to Europe is only £20.00, to the US is only £30.00 and shipping to Australia/Japan is priced at £50.00.

Specification
1 x 1:6 Scale TARDIS Diorama Environment
Interior Illumination System
Light-up Rooftop Lantern
Opening Door to Access Interior
Interchangeable Series 5 & 7 Control Room Printed Backdrops
Removable Rooftop Section to Access Battery Compartment
Sturdy, Heavy Weight Polystone Construction

Packaging
Product Size: H510mm (20.1") W250mm (9.8")**
Product Weight: 4.0 kg (8.82 lbs)**
Pack Size: W360mm (14.2") x H560mm (22.1") x D360mm (14.2")
Shipping Weight: 15.0 kg (33.1 lbs)**

Credits
Designed & developed by BIG Chief Studios Ltd. in the UK
Model Making & 3D Digital Modelling Direction: Tony Leetham
Paint Decoration & Fabrication: Tony Leetham & Greggo
Product Photography & Packaging Design: Mark Andrews & Greggo
Thanks to: BBC Worldwide

* Signature Edition only
** Product size and weight are approximate. Shipping is calculated by volumetric weight. Costs shown are subject to change without prior notice.s

Limited Edition
Size: 1000 Worldwide
Availability: Pre-Order

I did use the search function though, went through 5 pages & thought why no thread for this? Don't know what I typed wrong but it never came up & I got bored of scrolling through pages..., anyway thanks for the link, thought it odd this wouldn't be here somewhere as I've had mine on preorder since last year but I only talk Doctor Who on proper Who forums & if I hadn't of noticed the odd Who thing popping up here I'd not have bothered bringing this up anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back